PDA

View Full Version : Battle grid & unit numbers

jaylo101
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I was just wondering if there was a way to mod out the unit quantity numbers & the hexagon grid? The unit numbers do vanish during movement & when attacking but still obscure the pretty unit graphics & the battlefield would look so much better without the hexagon's showing. I'm amazed the option to have the grid on or off isn't there, i would have thought that option is a no-brainer!

jaylo101
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I've had a look in the game.ini file located in the \My Documents\My Games folders & discovered that if you change "setf ~highlight_arena 1" to 0 it removes the hexagon battle grid! Now just the unit quantity numbers to go.

Gatts
10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
For this I would like to also request that numbers of slain or ressurrected/reanimated creatures will be shown like DMG (floating numbers)
Also a feature in OPTIONS where it could be optionable (selectable):

a) show both DMG & Life - separately (a lot of numbers just different in color)
b) show DMG with Life add-on, example : 55 (11) - dmg to peasants = 55, killed 11
c) show only life # (no floating numbers if not kill or resurrect of whole unit/s is performed)
d) show nothing

Psychward
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
This is from another thread in this section:

On another note, to make it show the units killed instead of the damage I know I have to edit

setf ~showflyingdead 1

in the game.ini file. That line was never in the file. So I added it, but nothing happens.

setf ~showflyingdead 1
in the game.ini file. That line was never in the file. So I added it, but nothing happens. Anyone have any idea on this?
Other game.ini:
in ...\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty... \game.ini

This might help. Not sure if it's just 0 and 1, or if you can use 2, 3, etc... You might try playing around with this value...