PDA

View Full Version : Red Sands Extended

ecania
03-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Heya all :)
Im working on an extended version of Red Sands, wich is changed in a way of new lands and dungeons.

I wanted to check here if there is any interest in a huge version of Red Sands.
A bunch of islands are getting bigger with nice graphical changes, so it is gonna be more of everything, more dungeons, a whole bunch of them, more heroes, like 20+ more items also 20+ , more shops, a lot and new islands, not under clouds, but travel through teleporter, if I pull that off, wich I belive I can do now, I let you know.
more quests, maybe....
a lot more fights, digged chests with fights , you only get 1 try.

If anyone from the Red Sands team still reads those forums, I wanna thank them for a nice work with Red Sands wich got my interest back for a nice game, and also want to ask them if I can release this extended version.

I upload a couple of screenshots from the new Debir, so have a look.

FAQ
Why didnt you do this earlier - well took some time to learn this editor tool wich is a very powerful tool.
When is this coming out - hard to tell , but working pretty hard with it, but it takes time to create new lands, if its gonna be nice to explore.

Greetings ecania

ecania
03-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Update

Debir and Bolo layout now finished, 1 dungeon on Debir finished.
Minimaps added, sound added for new land.
Solved a crash problem when fighting in new Caves.
Now working on blue collar tomb, its a huge underground Place.
New screens added from Blue Tomb and Bolo.

aristobal
03-24-2014, 07:10 PM
It will be great to see extended version of Red Sands. Many thanks for your work.

ilias71
03-27-2014, 06:56 AM
First of all thank you Ecania. I appreciate your efforts to breathe more or a prolonged life into the game. It's the icing on the cake.

It would be great to see a re-vamped version of Red Sands:). I never had the chance to play the original RS-mod but always have been curious to play it since knowing of its existence. It is hard to find, especially now the English update lags behind.

So I am quite happy to read such news:-P. If you ever are in need of "play-testers", I gladly volunteer.

I own the latest GOG-version of Crossworlds and have Warriors of the North with the Fire and Ice DLC from steam. On a side note, I wonder if there are modders out there tackling the latter:wink:.

hasim
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
how one (i.e. ME) could FORCE ecania to slave... er I mean WORK towards the completion of that project faster!
(in case it is not obvious I would love to see it completed yes please - and well done ecania. Now stop reading forum messages AND GET TO WORK!)

Fatt_Shade
03-31-2014, 01:23 PM
Nice ideas and really ambitious of you ecania :-)
As ilias71 said, if you need testers, or bug hunting players say it here, and post your mod so we can do at least that to help out.
All in all, good luck and hope to see some of your wok soon :-D

ecania
03-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Thank you for the replays guys.
I will surely think about you when i am at the step of testing.
Some stuff like passability and other stuff I am testing while working, but I rarely find all bugs.
This is going to be a heavy download, since i am doing the islands bigger and also know that some people dont have Red sands, so putting out the whole Campaign, since there will be many files to install manually.

Update on progress.
I run into a texture problem on Scarlet Island and I had to rebuild the whole Island with textures and also got a problem with a few spots where i could not change texture, I solved it and now finishing Scarlet, wich has become a beatiful tropic Island and very very big.
Also the huge tomb Blue Collar is done graphically and it is very big, can compare it with size of the normal Debir.
Bolo is done graphically and I am satisfied with the result.
Next step is Rusty Anchor, will start it prolly tomorrow.

and last:
last weekend I worked 34 hours with this and this weekend 22 hours due to spring like weather, so I actually openend the door and Went out and enjoyed the sun.

Well I couldnt resist open up my old Photoshop and made a new starting Picture, enjoy it......
back soon with some screens from Scarlet.

Ecania :)

ecania
04-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Update
Rusty Anchor is now done except treasures and stuff, will add later when done with templates, and next step will probably be Tekron, I have decided to only make smaller changes to Verona and Montero, running into some texture problems on Verona, thats why, Island is big enough and very nice, so will see what Changes I do on montero.
Here are some screens from Rusty.
If You get black screen , just click on the middle of screen and it should open picture.
Does anyone have suggestions where I can upload this Campaign?

ecania

blamzooie
04-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Update
Rusty Anchor is now done except treasures and stuff, will add later when done with templates, and next step will probably be Tekron, I have decided to only make smaller changes to Verona and Montero, running into some texture problems on Verona, thats why, Island is big enough and very nice, so will see what Changes I do on montero.
Here are some screens from Rusty.
If You get black screen , just click on the middle of screen and it should open picture.
Does anyone have suggestions where I can upload this Campaign?

ecania

This looks fantastic ecania, thanks for all your hard work.

I think most filesharing sites will be ok, like mega.co.nz. If you upload to one site, the rest of us can help out to upload to other sites.

ecania
04-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone
A little update....

I have now finished Tekron, its now a little bit bigger.
I have also been busy with making some dungeons.
New dungeons so far is
Blue collar Tomb
Black Sun Tomb
Red Raven Tomb
White Falls Cave
Magic Circle Cave
White Crystal Cave
Purple Cave
Old Mist Cave
and some of them are pretty big, a few more is planned.
Also making new actors for the stores and new heroes, 20 done so far.
Doing Umkas next, gonna resize it a bit, and then checking on Dersu, uzala and elon.
Game is growing very much, so it may be pointless to resize the islands after those last mentioned.
Any suggestions?
and ty very much blamzooie for the tip

showing screenies from some dungeons, please give some feedback on the pictures
it is the feedback that make us designers work faster and harder, so cmon give feeeedback.

ecania

Erkilmarl
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
The pictures look very good (I am at loss of superlative words to describe them). I had given up hope and hadn't been here for awhile. I'm glad I did. I'm eagerly waiting for something to test or play.

Perhaps you should share how you did get the editor working? I have understood that it's almost impossible to use.

ecania
04-23-2014, 06:15 PM
The pictures look very good (I am at loss of superlative words to describe them). I had given up hope and hadn't been here for awhile. I'm glad I did. I'm eagerly waiting for something to test or play.

Perhaps you should share how you did get the editor working? I have understood that it's almost impossible to use.

I had many crashes when beginning with the editor, if doing anything wrong, it will crash, if system memory low , it will freeze or crash.
You need to have the updates for crossworlds to get it stable and you also need to work on a new campaign, if you try and modifie the existing campaigns it will be unstable.

UPDATE ON RSE

Im now done with the landscaping, making actors now for shops and some heros.
Also some small Changes on some companions
Some slot modifications.
Added a grand strategy medal level 5.
Taking suggestions for other medals for a fifth level.
Making army templates for a big diversity for enemies.

Ecania :)

Fatt_Shade
04-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Hope you progress without much problem ecania :-)
You said suggestions for medal lvls, here`s some i added to my game :
1)Iron warrior
From medals.txt
medal_iron_warrior_1 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_iron_warrior.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_iron_warrior_1_name
hint=itm_medal_iron_warrior_1_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
medclass=0
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
dbonus=physical,0,3,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
mods {
rage=limit,5
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=20
max2=60
max3=140
max4=260
order=10
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_berserker,spells_used-spell_ghost_sword,spells_used-spell_reaction,spells_used-spell_dragon_arrow,spells_used-spell_balance
var2=spells_used-spell_berserker,spells_used-spell_ghost_sword,spells_used-spell_reaction,spells_used-spell_dragon_arrow,spells_used-spell_balance
var3=spells_used-spell_berserker,spells_used-spell_ghost_sword,spells_used-spell_reaction,spells_used-spell_dragon_arrow,spells_used-spell_balance
var4=spells_used-spell_berserker,spells_used-spell_ghost_sword,spells_used-spell_reaction,spells_used-spell_dragon_arrow,spells_used-spell_balance
}
So new is % for phisical dmg for warrior units +3/6/10/15% for 4 lvls, and old rage bonus from original game 5/10/15/20

Part from eng_rewards.lng reward_iron_warrior_1=+5 Rage<br>Incrase your troops physical damage 3%
reward_iron_warrior_2=+10 Rage<br>Incrase your troops physical damage 6%
reward_iron_warrior_3=+15 Rage<br>Incrase your troops physical damage 10%
reward_iron_warrior_4=+20 Rage<br>Incrase your troops physical damage 15%

2) Fire mage part from medals.txt
medal_fire_mage_1 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_fire_mage.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_fire_mage_1_name
hint=itm_medal_fire_mage_1_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
medclass=2
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
rbonus=poison,-2,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
rbonus=magic,-2,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=fire,-2,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
rbonus=astral,-2,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
mods {
mana=limit,5
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=60
max2=180
max3=400
max4=700
order=10
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var2=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var3=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var4=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain

Here i added lowered enemy unit resistances to `elemental` dmg poison/fire/magic/astral but didnt lower their physical because mage main dmg is by spells not melee combat. For lvls i went -2/4/7/10% and old bonus mana is same.

Part from eng_rewards.lng reward_fire_mage_1=+5 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 2%
reward_fire_mage_2=+10 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 4%
reward_fire_mage_3=+15 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 7%
reward_fire_mage_4=+20 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 10%

Hope it gives you some ideas to work on :-)

ecania
04-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Hiya all
update time
Working on some medals.
Medals so far is:
Trap medal has got some more features, it has 5 levels and have also got
1+ attack for every level on medal.

Iron warrior medal has more features, it has 5 levels and the bonus is
2,4,6,8,10% more allied unit defense of current value.

Dragon Slayer medal also got more features, it has 5 levels and bonus is
allied unit psychical damage 2,4,6,8,10% of current value.

Grand Strategy Medal getting 6 levels, if bonus not decided, prolly bonus on last level
leadership count lvl4 - 1800 lvl5 3000 lvl6 4500

Debir, purple cave,white crystalcave, scarlet island, bolo, and rusty anchor is ready to go.
Thats all for tonight :)

Ecania

ecania
05-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone
Has been a while after last update, but now its about time to write somthing.
The Campaign is mostly ready, hardest thing is to try and balance it with so much new land and armies.

And since game suffers from be to easy after a bit it gonna be the same here, but I try to do what I can to do it more interesting.

NEWS FROM LAST TIME

The skill tree have been a little bit reworked, some skills now have 4 levels and some have slightly moved in the trees.
Also the warrior tree has 1 more skill and the Paldin tree has got a changed skill.
You can see on the screenies.
Also on the screenies you can see a Blue Dragon ( Ice Dragon) wich is a new troop in the game.
Demons also got a Dragon, the Flaming Dragon.
The Undead Lizardmens elite troops is in the game before you arrive to Red Sands and can also
pop up in stores so you can buy them - Walking shadows and Necrox.

The Medals has gotten an overhaul, not fully tested yet.
There are over 20 new heroes to fight and who knows, could be a couple more.
I reilly hope I will finish this very soon now, so the release is closing in

Have a great time
Ecania

ecania
05-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Need a few testplayers and bugfinders for this new Campaign, post here if you are interested in testing it.

You need Crossworlds 1.3.1 build 6171 to play this Campaign.
First 2 post has priority.

Ecania

ecania
05-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Bump

Timfhothy
05-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Many thanks for your work.http://rich.dungecrawl.com/9.jpg
http://rich.dungecrawl.com/8.jpg
http://rich.dungecrawl.com/10.jpg
http://rich.dungecrawl.com/11.jpg

Erkilmarl
05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
A couple of days away without checking this and what happens. I didn't get a chance to volunteer for the testing.

Fatt_Shade
05-21-2014, 07:28 PM
@ecania
I`m sure you did great job with mod, and appreciate chance for trying it.
But right now in my area are horrible floods, and i really have no time for playing it. Hope to tide up things in and be back to normal functioning soon and will relax with your mod.
Dont hold grudge, this forum is a bit dead , but post link to your mod and i`m sure players will check it out.
Take care, and have fun ppl :-)

ecania
05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Heya guys

Jeah i got a bit frustrated that forum is almost dead when it comes to kb, but I was never going to let down the people that alrdy posted.

Fatt shade: I know your situation, so i didnt expect to hear from you for sometime since I see whats happening in your country from the news.

It is easy to get frustrated when putting so much time on a projekt, it wasnt meant from the beginning that this campaign should go public, I actually made it for a friend and he has seen this campaign grow from zero to what it is today, and he persuaded me to go public with it.

Since that day I have been working real hard with it, after my 9 hour work day I spent 6-8 hours on building this, and on weekends 30-35 hours, so I hope you understand that things can go overflow sometimes.

Well I do a new thread for testing this, probably tomorrow after I uploaded it somewhere.
So check forum tomorrow evening.
EA

Kiras
05-21-2014, 11:53 PM
I'll test it after you post it.