PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Patch v4.3 delayed until March 18th 2014. Here's the great reason!

Mysticpuma
03-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Yes, we know....we hear the collective nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo........from the community, BUT, there is a really important reason!

A bug was found in the smoke effects and this needed to be corrected. While digging into the issue and correcting it another long standing bug....one of THE MOST irratating bugs was found trying to hide away and stay un-noticed. Well, I have the pleasure of saying our guys dug in dip, chiselled it out and now in the final compile of v4.3, no-longer will you see the following happen you see the following happen (see images at base of post) ;)
Did you see it? Okay, check out the group of ships...to the left of the clouds?

For those of you new to CloD, this has been a really tiresome bug and it meant that any ground targets or objects or ships, no-matter where they were in relation to the clouds, would still appear in front of them. This would make you think it was an aircraft, have you chasing around for it, only to find it was a static object on the map for which the dot identifiers would appear in front of the clouds.

This is fixed. Crushed, killed...DEAD! ;)

But, this has meant that a new compile of Patch v4.3 has had to be built and it wont be uploaded for Beta testing until tomorrow (Monday the 17th :( )

However the rest of the Beta testing has gone well and as this is the only addition to the compile, we are now on track to get v4.3 out on Tuesday instead. We just need to make absolutely sure of the final compile on Monday and it'll be done.

Of-course, we're sorry for the false hope of Monday, but, this fix would maybe have been another year away before v5.00 hit the internet and it was felt it was just too important not to squeeze in.

TF apologises for the inconvenience, please share the news with your friends as we don't want too much disappointment on Monday!

Seriously though, it was too big a fix not to squeeze in.....cheers, TF

SlipBall
03-16-2014, 08:24 PM
your going, going, gone links all have a no show bug :)

Mysticpuma
03-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Hang on a mo Slipball...I'm going as fast as I can ;)

SlipBall
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
rodger that sir :-P...good that it was found and fixed, its worth the extra release delay

Feathered_IV
03-16-2014, 08:36 PM
It's alright, I'm an old hand at flight sims now. When you said Monday, I immediately thought "Friday". ;)

Mysticpuma
03-16-2014, 09:03 PM
It's alright, I'm an old hand at flight sims now. When you said Monday, I immediately thought "Friday". ;)
No problem Feathered...we'll keep yours on hold for you while the others test it out :mrgreen:

Feathered_IV
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Y'see. This is why I appreciate TF's work so much. It's the personalised service that keeps me coming back. :)

SlipBall
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Y'see. This is why I appreciate TF's work so much. It's the personalised service that keeps me coming back. :)

Yes, it really sounds like its action packed fun...what's a couple of more days of a waiting NP :cool: