PDA

View Full Version : Returning..patches and mods questions?

poacher886
02-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Hi Gents,

I was one of the many that bought this sim on release in the fancy box following a long time playing IL2...once i realised it was 'less than correct' i shelved it and given the lack of support , never returned..

However, was watching a series on the BOB recently, and thought i would boot it up and actually give it a go (i never even played it Lol). I thought it looked excellent graphics wise, performance is good maxed out on my system and i enjoyed a few hours play at it...thus that led me here looking for any mods / patches to make a better game of it.

Basically im confused, there seems to be various patches from various people, Team fusion / community patches etc, my game just shows official 1.1 i think. Im also very excited to see a 'Dynamic campaign' mod, but there also seems to be 2 of these and the threads seem dead?

So really im hoping someone with better knowledge of this sim can give me a start up guide to essential mods and patches i need to get this running to spec and up to date with what the rest of you guys are playing with, a few questions..

1. Which patch should i install from the many im seeing

2. Do either of the 'Dynamic campaign' mods work and which one should i use.

3. Are both patches and mods easy to install, or do they need modders knowledge, as im familiar with using mods in games but im no computer expert.

Thanks for any help here..

SlipBall
02-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Try going over to this site and becoming a member...helpful people there will be your guide
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Mysticpuma
02-13-2014, 02:20 AM
As Slipball said. We at Team Fusion are doing our best to fix as many bugs as possible while also adding many more features to the Sim. The next patch v4.2 will be out soon so this is the perfect time to get updated. You will also get a noticeable frames-per-second increase as we have fixed many legacy issues.

Drop over to the link Slipball posted and say hello.

Cheers, MP

poacher886
02-13-2014, 11:07 AM
As Slipball said. We at Team Fusion are doing our best to fix as many bugs as possible while also adding many more features to the Sim. The next patch v4.2 will be out soon so this is the perfect time to get updated. You will also get a noticeable frames-per-second increase as we have fixed many legacy issues.

Drop over to the link Slipball posted and say hello.

Cheers, MP

Thanks guys, im there already now!, have downloaded to 3.01 patch, 4.0 is going to take some time...slow internet!

Might give a go at the multiplayer for the first time when im running the same spec as everyone else.