PDA

View Full Version : Resurrect all lost troops after the combat.

lukasztkd
01-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Hey.

I'm trying to change Paladin's reurrection skill, so after the combat not one squad is resurrected, but all squads. I can't find anything related to the topic inside skills.txt. I already moded it a bit, so you can pick it at very beginning of the game and res spell gets a better bonus.
I would like to get rid of boring resurrection process at the end of the combat (mana from rage, then spell, repeat), so if I win combat, I don't achieve loses.
Code for resurrection skill looks this way:

resurrection {
pos=1,4
deps=
pic=skillicon2_19_
name=skill_resurrection_caption
hint_header=skill_resurrection
hint_text=skill_resurrection_hint
levels {

1 {
deps=1
runes=0,8,0
trade=
pars=100%,+10%
}
2 {
deps=1
runes=0,8,0
trade=
pars=100%,+55%
}
3 {
deps=1
runes=0,8,0
trade=
pars=100%,+100%
}
}
}

lukasztkd
01-16-2014, 11:19 PM
I've also found an interesting code in combat_log.txt. But, well apparently I'm not skilled enough to read it.

function resurrection_hint(target, rephits)
local totalhp, size = 0, 0
if Attack.get_caa(target) == nil then target = Attack.cell_get_corpse(target) else totalhp = Attack.act_totalhp(target); size = Attack.act_size(target) end
if target == nil or Attack.get_caa(target) == nil then return "" end
local real = math.max(0, math.min(rephits, Attack.act_get_par(target,"health")*Attack.act_initsize(target) - totalhp))
local raise = math.ceil((totalhp+real)/Attack.act_get_par(target,"health")) - size
return "<label=dmg_hint_just_raise> "..raise..".<br><label=dmg_hint_just_effectiveness> "..math.floor(real/rephits*100)..'%.'
end

I was also thinking to do some "backdoor" solution to this. I belive process of losing troops looks like that:
1. Adventurer screen (10x troops, 20y troops etc..)
2. Battle start
3. Battle screen
4. Battle ends
5. Your casualties screen (3x troops, 5y troops etc..)
6. Transferring casualties to the Adventurer screen
7. Resurrecting using mind skill
8. Final result on adventurer screen (17x troops, 15y troops etc..)
(something like that)

I would like to cut number 6. So the data won't be transferred OR data from 1. would be transferred to 8. But again no idea how to do this.

BB Shockwave
01-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Nice mod, but it kinda kills the point of no-loss:that you have to be CAREFUL with your troops and keep in mind how much you can resurrect.

lukasztkd
01-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Yep I'm aware of that. However with over 400 hours played, I'm a bit bored of that "keep eye on loses" aspect. I want to play careless, if I win combat, I win. As a drawback I want to increase hostile armies from 200% that I'm playing at the moment to around 300-400%. Should be fun.