PDA

View Full Version : Necromancers Castle

darthmaul
09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Any Tips on land of the dead and the main quest...its to freaking hard im level 15...and i know im getting way ahead of myself but the arhimages and snakes and 2 more units that i use are not on the market anymore and that sucks .. if i don't destroy the necromancer the units won't apear again in castles...and ill probably have to go with a completly different army latter which sucks :S

Zhuangzi
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Er, I haven't got that far but I think you answered the question yourself. I am level 18 and I've just signed the peace treaty with the dwarves. Now I am planning on going back into Kordor to clean everything out, same as I did in Darion and Western Islands. I should be level 20 before I even hit the Elven continent. :cool:

This is the good thing about playing on Hard, by the way. You HAVE to look for the enemies you can defeat, or you'll get owned. So go back and clean out the earlier continents. :cool:

Bonar
09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
You need to try different army composition. Use units with better hp/tough, get your leadership as high as possible. Fighting general Karador (Necromancer's castle) is quite challenging if not hard. In my game, I used Dwarf Canoneers, Griffin, Horsemen, Orc Shaman and Inquisitor to built up my rage. And at that time I got the spell that damage undead but heal the living (forgot the name), do that tree of death/life quest to get it, you should! It's very very USEFUL!

The fight is quite a pain since they liberally ressurect any fallen units (Karador himself have way more mana than you and he is not afraid to spent it all), this is why I use tough units. If you spot any item that can curse, destroy it immidieatly. Concentrate most of your attack on the castle heart (the black obelisk), it only retaliate by casting negative spell. I had my griffins solely attack it, only ressurect them twice to keep full number (more damage). Backed up by my canoneers and inquisitors. Don't waste mana on expensive spells since the fight is quite long, I kid you not. Don't use the spell I mentioned before if it cover the castle heart, it will heal it also. Use it on your troop if it get surrounded by multiple undead units (AoE damage to undead and they run 1 cell, AoE heal on the livings).

I think if you can get your hand on any dragons it's a good odd, especially red or black with their special ability. You could get their eggs from their nest, located southwest of the map in that area. Warning, you will fights several dragons guarding that place!

kennec
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Er, I haven't got that far but I think you answered the question yourself. I am level 18 and I've just signed the peace treaty with the dwarves. Now I am planning on going back into Kordor to clean everything out, same as I did in Darion and Western Islands. I should be level 20 before I even hit the Elven continent. :cool:

This is the good thing about playing on Hard, by the way. You HAVE to look for the enemies you can defeat, or you'll get owned. So go back and clean out the earlier continents. :cool:

i am like lvl 18 at elven lands. i cleaned western/eastern islands and kordor.

i was way to low for demon continent.

did u do demon before elven couse sounds like u have higher lvl then me but we are about same place in the game...

darthmaul
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Elvens are easier to me than demons or im just trippin...

edit:

Definetly...even undeads are easier than demons...

chriscampo99
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
i was LVL 20 when I hit Elven lands, the fights were fairly easy and I was still getting LOTS of exp points.. I leveled up like crazy in the elven lands.. i think im a 24 now, and i havent even been in the great forest.. i did clear out valley of the thousand rivers, the magic lands (or whatever the first board is), and the two land of the dead boards..

so there are a LOT of exp points in the elven lands.. i couldnt believe how fast i was leveling up

kennec
10-01-2008, 02:30 AM
ye i been in elven lands during todays play sesion.

had some problems initaly with troop picking, as a nuker wich throw away 6 nukes for 3000 dam each to 3*3 in first 3 turns i need troops wich acts first. alrough in elven lands ai stack are overfilled with 6/6 units wich acts before me. i have like 4 defence hehe so combat is out of question

whut class are u playing

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 02:46 AM
ye i been in elven lands during todays play sesion.

had some problems initaly with troop picking, as a nuker wich throw away 6 nukes for 3000 dam each to 3*3 in first 3 turns i need troops wich acts first. alrough in elven lands ai stack are overfilled with 6/6 units wich acts before me. i have like 4 defence hehe so combat is out of question

whut class are u playing

I'm a Paladin.

You only have +4 defense?? That seems really low. Are you equipping items with defensive bonuses??? Choosing +1 Defense on lvl ups?? Finding the fountains/statues/training dummies that give you +1 defense???

darthmaul
10-01-2008, 04:43 AM
Btw the pocket castle that you can buy is totaly crazy and good for xp...

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Btw the pocket castle that you can buy is totaly crazy and good for xp...

I totally forgot I even had that. And didn't even think to use it. Nice.

kennec
10-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm a Paladin.

You only have +4 defense?? That seems really low. Are you equipping items with defensive bonuses??? Choosing +1 Defense on lvl ups?? Finding the fountains/statues/training dummies that give you +1 defense???

think its random whut items and lvl up options u get. i have picked +1 defence in 21 levels. mostly i choose between rage +5 or mana +10 or something stupid. have got +1 atack 2-3 times to.

my items is + intelect always and i got fire damage +30% neckledge. think my boots are the only ones that give + defence and thats +2.

Fate
10-02-2008, 05:34 AM
I would agree that the battle is quite tough. Usually i would only fight battle that would incur only minimal or no casualty. However, i have exhausted most the these sort of battle by then and i just want to get on with the story. So i did this battle with a "At all cost" determination.

For that battle, i played defensive. My troops are Elves, Hunters, Druids, Horsemen, Emerald Green Dragon. With my tactics skill i box up my archers with my horsemen and dragons and cast phantom on the 6th empty space. Therefore, effectively protecting from melee. Most of the enemy army are melee except for the necromancer and skeleton archers which there isn't many anyway. Now, my elves have morale +3 so they crit about 50% of the time so while my melee tanked the back ranks of the enemy are getting decimated. With black hole, light of life, phantom and ressurection i managed to win the battle. There are still casualties though because i don't have enough mana and i don't want to waste time but it is acceptable i guess.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Haven't quite gotten around to the Necromancer's castle, but I'm not looking forward to it as I'm playing on Hard. :evil:

I am level 24 now - probably 22 Attack, 22 Defence, and 7 Intellect. (Paladin).

I've still got to finish the Gremlin castle before cleaning out the last of the Land of the Dead. I've been to Demonis but not fought anything yet. Leadership is just below 20,000.

I'm pretty sure Demonis is harder. That will be next....

kennec
10-02-2008, 10:02 AM
as a mage gremlin castle is very important. gives an black dragon egg. at lvl 24 it was medium diffulty all the way down to bottum flor.

its good couse dragon have super inisiative so u will be able to nuke first in the round when enemy units are packed togheter. perfect for aoe nukes.

Zhuangzi

i got with items attack 11 defence 10 intelect 28 and leadership about 14k and we are about same lvl.

necro castle will be fun for u :)

megakill
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Actually I used the following tactics - once I killed an enemy stack, I immediately put my own troops on top of it, so that it couldn't be ressurected.

Actually same tactics is helpful in Demon lands in some cases

Palinius
10-04-2008, 01:51 AM
Actually I used the following tactics - once I killed an enemy stack, I immediately put my own troops on top of it, so that it couldn't be ressurected.

Actually same tactics is helpful in Demon lands in some cases

Thats a good idea whn it comes to necro castle.

Spoiler, Tips, Tricks, Hints included. Most of the inteligent players prolly know about it anyway.

I did it a bit differently.
When i came to Elven lands the first NPC said something about Book of Dead so it got me curious, i found it really close and i entered it. Cleared all dead lands, in beggining it wasnt easy but i found there Fire Rain= OWNAGE(im a mage) ,and got myself Necromancers, Ancient Vampires(Hunters on main battles, Vampires for Sacrifice and Replenishing other lost units + Vampire after Sacrifice can Ress himself by biting enemies) , Black Knights, Red Dragons and Black Dragons in the lands od dead. Then it became a walk in the park. When i entered Elven Lands it turned out i should do Elven first as all the Monsters were Weak and Slightly weak. Killed all with a 1 round of 2x spells, no group could outlive 2 rounds of Fire Rain.

I was lvl 26 when i Attacked Necro castle and i did it really easy , fast in first attempt and the general didnt even manage to use half of his mana.

Black Dragons, Necromancers with + initiative. I Fire Rained their necromancers with surrounding units, after 2 spells necromancers were dead and i used my necromancers to ress them. Had 2x Necro Ressing. Whenever i killed a pack after 2-3 rounds i made sure my necromancer is next, as 1 round before i noticed that dead dragons wake up to bite me again. Noticed that the Boss and the crystal ress so i didnt make the mistake in next rounds.
I did even a screen shot and after the battle survived:
3/5 Black Dragons
6/7 Red Dragons
91/112 Hunters
85/85 Necromancers
lost 1 Black Knight
When i realised that they ressing all the killed grps i sent all my dragons to attack not caring about looses as i could buy the black one close and every other unit in the game probably can be replenished with Sacrifice spell.

Sacrifice FTW. Buy 500 lvl 4 units that you use and keep them in reserve and sacrifice them when ou use other important units.

Mox
10-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Playing a mage, i used giants, green dragons, black dragons, shaman, and royal thorns. Nuked the main army especially the enemy necros, moved dragons to their spots. The royal thorns were used to spawn more thorns which ate up the corpses. And the archers took out the obelisk in the end of the battle when there were no more enemy troops :) Hardly took any losses at all. The royal thorns were the key for me.