Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Necromancers Castle

Any Tips on land of the dead and the main quest...its to freaking hard im level 15...and i know im getting way ahead of myself but the arhimages and snakes and 2 more units that i use are not on the market anymore and that sucks .. if i don't destroy the necromancer the units won't apear again in castles...and ill probably have to go with a completly different army latter which sucks :S
Old 09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Er, I haven't got that far but I think you answered the question yourself. I am level 18 and I've just signed the peace treaty with the dwarves. Now I am planning on going back into Kordor to clean everything out, same as I did in Darion and Western Islands. I should be level 20 before I even hit the Elven continent.

This is the good thing about playing on Hard, by the way. You HAVE to look for the enemies you can defeat, or you'll get owned. So go back and clean out the earlier continents.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

You need to try different army composition. Use units with better hp/tough, get your leadership as high as possible. Fighting general Karador (Necromancer's castle) is quite challenging if not hard. In my game, I used Dwarf Canoneers, Griffin, Horsemen, Orc Shaman and Inquisitor to built up my rage. And at that time I got the spell that damage undead but heal the living (forgot the name), do that tree of death/life quest to get it, you should! It's very very USEFUL!

The fight is quite a pain since they liberally ressurect any fallen units (Karador himself have way more mana than you and he is not afraid to spent it all), this is why I use tough units. If you spot any item that can curse, destroy it immidieatly. Concentrate most of your attack on the castle heart (the black obelisk), it only retaliate by casting negative spell. I had my griffins solely attack it, only ressurect them twice to keep full number (more damage). Backed up by my canoneers and inquisitors. Don't waste mana on expensive spells since the fight is quite long, I kid you not. Don't use the spell I mentioned before if it cover the castle heart, it will heal it also. Use it on your troop if it get surrounded by multiple undead units (AoE damage to undead and they run 1 cell, AoE heal on the livings).

I think if you can get your hand on any dragons it's a good odd, especially red or black with their special ability. You could get their eggs from their nest, located southwest of the map in that area. Warning, you will fights several dragons guarding that place!

Last edited by Bonar; 09-30-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Er, I haven't got that far but I think you answered the question yourself. I am level 18 and I've just signed the peace treaty with the dwarves. Now I am planning on going back into Kordor to clean everything out, same as I did in Darion and Western Islands. I should be level 20 before I even hit the Elven continent.

This is the good thing about playing on Hard, by the way. You HAVE to look for the enemies you can defeat, or you'll get owned. So go back and clean out the earlier continents.
i am like lvl 18 at elven lands. i cleaned western/eastern islands and kordor.

i was way to low for demon continent.

did u do demon before elven couse sounds like u have higher lvl then me but we are about same place in the game...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Elvens are easier to me than demons or im just trippin...

edit:

Definetly...even undeads are easier than demons...

Last edited by darthmaul; 09-30-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Default lvl 20

i was LVL 20 when I hit Elven lands, the fights were fairly easy and I was still getting LOTS of exp points.. I leveled up like crazy in the elven lands.. i think im a 24 now, and i havent even been in the great forest.. i did clear out valley of the thousand rivers, the magic lands (or whatever the first board is), and the two land of the dead boards..

so there are a LOT of exp points in the elven lands.. i couldnt believe how fast i was leveling up
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

ye i been in elven lands during todays play sesion.

had some problems initaly with troop picking, as a nuker wich throw away 6 nukes for 3000 dam each to 3*3 in first 3 turns i need troops wich acts first. alrough in elven lands ai stack are overfilled with 6/6 units wich acts before me. i have like 4 defence hehe so combat is out of question

whut class are u playing
Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
ye i been in elven lands during todays play sesion.

had some problems initaly with troop picking, as a nuker wich throw away 6 nukes for 3000 dam each to 3*3 in first 3 turns i need troops wich acts first. alrough in elven lands ai stack are overfilled with 6/6 units wich acts before me. i have like 4 defence hehe so combat is out of question

whut class are u playing
I'm a Paladin.

You only have +4 defense?? That seems really low. Are you equipping items with defensive bonuses??? Choosing +1 Defense on lvl ups?? Finding the fountains/statues/training dummies that give you +1 defense???
Old 10-01-2008, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

Btw the pocket castle that you can buy is totaly crazy and good for xp...
Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
Btw the pocket castle that you can buy is totaly crazy and good for xp...
I totally forgot I even had that. And didn't even think to use it. Nice.