PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for expansion

Zhuangzi
09-30-2008, 12:26 AM
*Mods, can we have an expansion sub-board? This isn't just idle chitchat because as I understand an expansion may be on the horizon.*

King's Bounty: The Legend is a fantastic game, right? One of the best I have played in many years, for me anyway. But as good as the game is, there's always something that can be improved. I would be happy to pay more money for an expansion pack that gave a new campagin, but here are some other things I would like to see:

1. Most important, a screen that gives the inventories of shop's contents. These inventories could appear only after the player had accessed the shop/ unlocked it by doing quests etc. I would like a search function as well so that I could work out where I need to go for some more of those lovely Royal Snakes. This could work in the same way as it did in Space Rangers 2.

2. This is a small one - I would like an indication of how hard certain fights are going to be. By this I mean the item upgrade fights and the castle attack type fights. Currently, the only way to find out is to try them and reload if necessary. This isn't a huge problem for me because I don't mind the occasional reload, but it completely precludes the player from trying to play as an Iron Man. Just an indicator of the approximate level needed to win the fight would be okay.

3. I am glad that the devs decided to focus on single player mode rather than multiplayer, but I would like to see some limited multiplayer play. For me, I would be satisfied with a hotseat game where you can set the amount of gold before the fight and buy troops/spells etc. I know that implementing multiplayer is very time consuming so I would prefer an emphasis on single player first.

Well, what do you think of these ideas? Got any other suggestions? :)

phoenixreborn
09-30-2008, 12:58 AM
I am against multiplayer for this game.

Edit: otherwise your suggestions are good.

Xanthaz
09-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Whenever I hit a shop I make a note on the map listing what is there. This makes finding specific troops much easier. The only trouble is that you can only fit like 100 characters in a note.

wizaerd
09-30-2008, 06:43 AM
I too would vote against multiplayer, but I'm really biased against MP games... Hate 'em...

But if I could have any wish, it would be for a better mapping system, or perhaps a more detailed or elaborate map. I know I can drop my own markers, but they're so limited in size, get too many of them and it becomes a cluttered mess, and the labels themselves don't show up on the mini-map.

I usually end up picking up some troops, head out on a quest, fight battles along the way, need to re-stock my troops so Ive got to make my way back to where the troops are, then back out again on the quest... over and over and over... It seems I spend more time roaming around trying to find someplace I've already been to, and trying to remember where I was ina quest after having to stop and replenish troops so many times...

Don't get me wrong, loving the game, but in some areas it just frustrates me...

Lord_Loffen
09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, some LAN multiplayer could be some fun, imo. Like both players start at example: Level 20 with som rage spirits. And you got twenty minutes to make an army, train spirits, etc. and then it would be a fight.

Maybe some new classes, but i'm on one side with ImperialDane on females: do not add classes with just females. Add a female to every class which had been much better imo.

Quikpik
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
For the mob tracking problem, I created a spreadsheet categorized by zone with the list of vendors and what types of mobs they sold. If you could create some sort of internal database that players could bring up and would be automatically populated once you visited a location, this would be great.

I think a cool idea to eliminate the tediousness of running around to get certain monsters for your army would be to create a central market. Let's say one per continent. From here you could buy monsters from all the other vendors on that continent but at a premium.

As far as an expansion or patch, I would like to see a better Quest tracking system categorized by zone. At least we'd know where the quest started. Right now it's just a jumbled mess of 20 or so quests in the log. Also the ability to expand and collapse each zone of quests would be nice.

Suporex
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
As far as an expansion or patch, I would like to see a better Quest tracking system categorized by zone. At least we'd know where the quest started. Right now it's just a jumbled mess of 20 or so quests in the log. Also the ability to expand and collapse each zone of quests would be nice.

I would love to see that as my quest log is a mess and sometimes I really have to run a lot just to return the quest. But I think such a thing as categorizing quest by zones could be added more in patch than expansion

Munch10
10-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Changes to allow us to speed up combat. I'm not a big fan of auto-resolve and the auto-combat AI is abysmal. Even at high combat speed there are lots of battles and I'd like to be able to resolve them more quickly. Either a way to increase the speed of battles even higher, or possibly turn off animations to speed up combat.

-Munch

phoenixreborn
10-01-2008, 01:12 AM
In the old days there were no such things as in-game quest logs or maps. We wrote stuff down and drew out maps on graph paper.

You guys can still jot down stuff on paper. My memory is pretty good. If I felt overwhelmed I would definitely do stuff like write down "royal snakes in snake cave in Arlania" in my real life notebook.

wizaerd
10-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Thanx to technology, the necessity of having to write things down should be a thing of the past. I didn't play nearly as many games in those days because I didn't want to have to write everything down... Ewwww... Hard copy....

I am adversely against having to write anything down to play a game...

Newbie1234
10-01-2008, 01:52 AM
1) As others have said, the world map should be improved. The current one is decent, but it forces players to add a lot of notes on their own.

There should be an option that if a shop has been visited, just rolling the mouse over it on the world map shows what it sells.

The least they could do is add several types of notes on the world map, so players can sort them better.

2) The world map should also give an approximate location to help find stuff for quests. I personally skip most text, and I also tend to forget where person X is located. The challenge should be in the fights, not in figuring out where to go when you've been there already.

3) I disagree with the multiplayer suggestions. The game just doesn't suit it at all.

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 02:36 AM
1. Definitely needs a more elaborate/detailed interactive map. It makes the game very frustrating as things are now. To be able to see who/what is where (only after you find them of course) would be great. The game is interesting enough without having to try to remember who and what is where. It really just takes away from the fun.

2. Of course new quests, spells, weapons would be cool. I don't think there are enough weapons in the game.

3. Maybe a tutorial in the game in case you want to look up what enemies are weak to what spells/attacks, or read about battle tactics, etc.

Xanthaz
10-01-2008, 07:23 AM
In the old days there were no such things as in-game quest logs or maps. We wrote stuff down and drew out maps on graph paper.Hehe...tell me about it. In preparation for this game I dug out the original Kings Bounty for a nostalgic play-through. Turns out I already had color coded maps for each continent. They were each made of four sheets of graph paper that I taped together. Crayon FTW! :cool:

Daystar
10-01-2008, 05:34 PM
lolz.

chriscampo99
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Haha nice

Fate
10-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I would like more classes and different skills to choose from. The 3 base class is good but perhaps some sort of optional army specialization would be more interesting.

I would like a private castle where i can have a centralized storage for my reserve troops. It will also serve as a place where i can keep a harem and choose which of my wife to bring along. It could start as a simple keep then followed by a whole bunch of upgrades and quests to fully upgrade it.

Daedalus
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
a 5 level dungeonesque location near the end of the expansion that repopulates with progressively harder enemies and a boss at the end whos difficulty compares to your level.

would be nice and entertaining to try things out and grind abit.

Zhuangzi
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I would like more classes and different skills to choose from. The 3 base class is good but perhaps some sort of optional army specialization would be more interesting.

I would like a private castle where i can have a centralized storage for my reserve troops. It will also serve as a place where i can keep a harem and choose which of my wife to bring along. It could start as a simple keep then followed by a whole bunch of upgrades and quests to fully upgrade it.

Yes! That would be fantastic.

Another small wish, not really a new feature, I would like to see the 'proposed path' of the Evil Shoal spell be visible on ALL surfaces - it's really hard to see on sand and ice.

wynams
10-03-2008, 01:06 AM
MULTIPLAYER is a must.

Read any review of KB, what series is it compared to?

What kept that series so popular for over a decade?

Leave the story single player to keep the anti-mp folks happy, but for chrissakes give us folks who like strategy against non-AI an option ... an MP skirmish!

REPLAY++

FWIW, I purchased this game DESPITE it not having MP which is a huge factor for me. Purchased to support the fine work done by 1C in hopes they continue developing this fine game.

shagwoodtm
10-03-2008, 01:17 AM
MP would be great imo. You could even have it WITH the single player storyline left in.
How about both trying to finish the story before the other? Or Co-op. Or even throw in a separate MP Campaign. All kinds of possibilities. And for those who are against MP...why? You can keep playing SP and never mess with the MP...

GreyBeard
10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
I too would vote against multiplayer, but I'm really biased against MP games... Hate 'em...

But if I could have any wish, it would be for a better mapping system, or perhaps a more detailed or elaborate map. I know I can drop my own markers, but they're so limited in size, get too many of them and it becomes a cluttered mess, and the labels themselves don't show up on the mini-map.

I usually end up picking up some troops, head out on a quest, fight battles along the way, need to re-stock my troops so Ive got to make my way back to where the troops are, then back out again on the quest... over and over and over... It seems I spend more time roaming around trying to find someplace I've already been to, and trying to remember where I was ina quest after having to stop and replenish troops so many times...

Don't get me wrong, loving the game, but in some areas it just frustrates me...

I agree the map mainly the mini-map needs some markers on it also all maps show where quest was given and important places. I have spent half my time trying to find certain NPCs or places. Example Redbeard I sailed for over a hour and still couldn't find his place.

Also maybe a "town portal" system so you can TP from a far away place to the King's Castle other wise its a long trip when you are far away.

GB

wizaerd
10-03-2008, 06:17 AM
MP would be great imo. You could even have it WITH the single player storyline left in.
How about both trying to finish the story before the other? Or Co-op. Or even throw in a separate MP Campaign. All kinds of possibilities. And for those who are against MP...why? You can keep playing SP and never mess with the MP...

Why? Because the time, effort, and money spent to add something that from the looks of it only a very few want, could be better utilized adding features and enhanced functionality that everybody would want. It's a real shame that so many games are reviewed poorly because everybody thinks everything should be MP capable.

Speaking for myself, I deal wth people all day long, surrounded by colleagues and customers, then I come home and find myself surrounded by family and visiting friends. The limited time I have for games is my time of solitude, of relaxation, and reflection. I don;t ant to depend on anyone else in these moments for my entertainment. An immersive, challenging, solo game is just the ticket.

For those that want to play with others, there's a myriad of other MP games to play, even ones with very similiar gameplay as this one. Not every game has to have MP capabilities...

Just my opinion, not intending to flame or cause offense...

Alto
10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi,

- Great game, it sure is a great game :)
I have a couple of things though, it's going to be a mix of everything...well I'm lazy.
My thoughts on expansion :
Well I think they are working on it and I would like to see some MP action, over time...over time. I played a ( read shortly ) game a few years back , called Guild Wars, didn't like it but the way the set-up was, I think thats the KB's future when it comes to MP. Keypoint towns/places where all can meet and talk, but when YOU leave the area, it's you and you alone ( unless you have invited someone with you).

Also seen someone asking about Boss Loot, I'm all for that, just make darn sure it's not a Godly drop from the first "Boss" you meet. Has to planned carefully imho.

Someone was complaining about having to run back and forth ( I'm thinking the trip to/from Freedom Islands - Can be a bit of a pain the 10th time you do that - Time consuming ) from every fight he/she encounters to the nearest castle/merchant to stock up troop-wise. I like to look at it a bit differently - This game is, in my humble opinion - a mix of the various Heroes of Might and Magic games throughout the years and of course their predessesor, King's Bounty. And in most of the Homm games the was a little thing called chaining. Chaining is where you use one of your svouts to transport troops from far, far away to your main, hence spending no time running back and forth wirh your main. When I, in KB, are set on a certain type of troops, I tend to leave a full load in a nearby castle ( read the area that I know I am going to have to fight in alot in the future ) so that I don't have to run back and forth all the time - Thats MY chaining :)

Sometimes, I dislike when a overwhelming force takes me by surprise .....because I didn't bother moving the camera angles, but you know what, thats life ;) Pure and simple, I like that I can't look over mountain tops and deep down various canyons, but thats just the way it is :)

And the crying , I know, I know, I have been crying like a baby over this too :P that one cannot be certain to get a scroll/spell of Ressurection. But just lean back and think it over for a second............
Your done ?
Okay, now, would you really like to have a scroll/ spell of Ressurection from the get go ? - I sure wouldn't , I am still scratching my beard, cursing to high Heaven, because at lvl 14 I still haven't seen even the backside of such a scroll, but who knows, maybe it's just in the next chest that I open ;)

I have a few things more, both on the positive and negative side, but I need to go back and solve the next quest..........

Cya :)

megakill
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I hope we can start talking more about the expansion later this year - November, December. And yes, it is definitely in the making. Actually I wouldn't even call it an expansion - should be much heavier. I would call it an add on.

aaaaa
10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
The fundamental game design of this game is inherently unsuitable for MP.
KB:L is not so-called "turn-based strategy" game like HOMM or Civilization series. It is more like Final Fantasy RPG from game console or Fallout series game which belongs "tactical fantasy RPG" genre. These RPG are played in real-time (no daily turn) and has lots of rich quest experience, vast lands to explore and locations to visit and impressive story line and turn-based tactical fight. Such RPG's have no base city development scheme to build up stronger army or boost economy strategically. Only your Hero and his friends are developed as time goes by. So it is RPG.

KB:L is NOT strategy game like HOMM which is suitable for MP. It is tactical RPG like FF or Fallout which is NOT suitable for MP. The only similarities with HOMM and KB:L are just its style and turn-based hexa arena fighting aspect, which is also norm of many Japanese RPG like FF.

Can you imagine multi-player version of Final Fantasy series? I'll say it impossible!

Gatts
10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
The fundamental game design of this game is inherently unsuitable for MP.
KB:L is not so-called "turn-based strategy" game like HOMM or Civilization series. It is more like Final Fantasy RPG from game console or Fallout series game which belongs "tactical fantasy RPG" genre. These RPG are played in real-time (no daily turn) and has lots of rich quest experience, vast lands to explore and locations to visit and impressive story line and turn-based tactical fight. Such RPG's have no base city development scheme to build up stronger army or boost economy strategically. Only your Hero and his friends are developed as time goes by. So it is RPG.

KB:L is NOT strategy game like HOMM which is suitable for MP. It is tactical RPG like FF or Fallout which is NOT suitable for MP. The only similarities with HOMM and KB:L are just its style and turn-based hexa arena fighting aspect, which is also norm of many Japanese RPG like FF.

Can you imagine multi-player version of Final Fantasy series? I'll say it impossible!

Well well, what to say... just look few years behind - wasn't HOMM 1 inspired with King's Bounty (original ), Might and Magic itself is very similar to Final Fantasy - long single player with no signs of multiplayer.
But enough of history, purely technial - I am sure that KB TL is perfectly suitable for MP add-on. Would it look the same (gameplay) as KB TL SP? Maybe, but it is absolutely possible.

Daedalus
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
What i'd strongly suggest is that the devs don't add any base classes but rather expand upon the skill trees with more options and improve some skills which are considered less useful.

Gatts
10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
What i'd strongly suggest is that the devs don't add any base classes but rather expand upon the skill trees with more options and improve some skills which are considered less useful.

For this version are the skill at the best level
(because what I was missing was specialization in specific way - like Undead only bonuses... but this game is not designed to populate your army with only one type of creatures... so you will still have very various and spread ranks of skills that have bonuses for each situation / army )

But when the Add-on would be more MP oriented or will have random map generator, wich provides higher specialization, then the change in skill tree would be absolutely more interesting when strict specialization way can be taken when leveling(optional of course). This way I can imagine mage who will hit his enemies with super strong spells, but his all other atributes would be like zero (or even negative).... Right now I am very sad that even MAGE (or rather Paladin) can ressurect only 4th level creatures... (just blind example)

wynams
10-03-2008, 05:38 PM

Yes, its called FFXI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI).

While it would definitely present a challenge to make KB multiplayer, the replayability of this as a single player game with a static world and 3 classes is pretty limited.

As opposed to more back and forth with the rabid SP fanbase, I will check back after the game has been out 6 months to see how many of this initial wave of players are still playing and see of those how many think the SP aspect is stale at that point. I would wager heavily that the percentage of you still playing in 6 months would be much higher if this game allowed for near-infinite impossibility afforded by multiplayer strategy.

After all, folks still play HOMM3 and its been out 9 years. Why would you not want folks to be playing KB that long (and if you argue SP will last that long, give ample evidence contrary to the claim you are a sadist).

wizaerd
10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Having MP capabilities would not increase the playability for me... When it's stale and old, I'll move on. Then after a while, will most likely re-load it up and play it again. I agree that a SP skirmish would help me in terms of replayability, but zero interest in MP functionality...

dengue fever
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
First off, wonderful game! One of my favourites in years!

1) Multiplayer is a must! Maybe round-based with money if you survive (like counterstrike) and tactics, ie free placement of troops within certain zone (like combat mission). Or maybe starting off in different zones (islands) and protecting castles as areas of influence.

2) Skirmish!

3) Editor to enable custom made maps and missions!

4) Smarter AI! Why is autocombat playing so badly? Can you not copy some simple public domain chess AI algorithm?

5) Graphic controls for colour saturation

6) First person camera

7) Voice acting for all dialogue and animated faces

8 ) map zoom

9) weather effects

GreyBeard
10-04-2008, 03:34 AM
As for multiplayer doesn't the PC gaming world have ENOUGH already??

It is getting VERY hard to find Single Player games especially TB other than Civ series.

IMO when a game is made for both SP and MP one or the other or even both will suffer, the last thing PC gamers need is more MMOs or MP games hiding under the title of SP games.

Anyways I think it is a moot point arguing about it I highly doubt KG could even be made into a MP game.

How about we give more constructive ideas based on a SP game.

My 2 cents
GB

stupidface
10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Multiplayer for this game would be silly, sorry. :) Why does everyone want everything multiplayer? So strange...

I think a good changes would be:

Expand the skill customization system so we have more choices and are capable of more specialization (instead of ending up pretty much balanced by the end of the game.)

More troop types, of course. :)

Random/unique items/weapons that drop from particularly difficult enemies.

Include more "surprises" and mysteries; things that are difficult to find and experience unless you go out of your way to find them.

More branches in the game's storyline and geography; "points of no return," and the like, to encourage replay to see what you missed last time.

Okay, thank you, bye!

Darkhon
10-05-2008, 01:21 AM
So for King's Bounty II or an expansion here is my thought:

We've all saved the frog princess, we've all helped the village, blech.

How about giving us a chance to START off Evil and only go good if we really want too?

Premise:

Three classes (Using a similar mechanic to what you already have, although you may want to tweak the skill trees)

--Warlord (Basically the Warrior, the Warlord is all about Rage. A few tweaks on this existing Warrior class, perhaps allowing him to more effectively lead Robbers and Bandits especially!)

--Death Knight (As a Paladin, only tweaked to be focused on undead and gets a bonus for slaying the virtuous)

--Darklord (Basically Mage, they start off with bonuses to lead Evil troops, snakes, necromancers, spiders, goblins/orcs etc). Not just a Necromancer though, so don't focus strictly on undead.

You have been created by the Nameless One to bring Dread into the world and seek out ancient artifacts that he needs to complete his foul conquest of the world.

Along the way, the player will begin in the "Forgotten City" and proceed through the underground cities of the dark elves and evil Dwarves, goblins, etc.

You do not always have to do the foulest thing, there should be options in the quests to be helpful, especially early on when you are building up things for your master.

However, if you want to crack some skulls to make sure your master's underlings are serving him properly, and consolidate power that works too.

Eventually, you must lead the invasion into the above ground.

surprise surprise, it's basically the game world in the first campaign. "Scouting Ahead" of the main invasion force, you must soften up and test the weaknesses for your master (In other words, travel alone). When you finally complete all the quests in a given area though, the invasion force will arrive and conquer it (Changing the map somewhat)

Some other ideas to add to that:

"Squires". In addition to recruiting a Wife and child, how about a Squire/Apprentice that works much like a Wife except in addition it has it's own slots for two reserve troops.

I think I love all those interesting twists like that in the game.

But let us play a bad guy, and I bet you will get some serious interest about breaking the mold.

Goduerza
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm a Warrior and I have like 50 magic runes that are completely useless for me.Maybe it will be cool to have some sort of rune masters around the map,who can convert runes.Also,skills like Iron Fist that help me only if I stay loyal to my human army,or Dark Commander,which helps me only if I have undeads,are useless too if I am using other armies (say dwarves).Those are the things I mostly don't like and I believe should be tweaked.

dionisus1122
10-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm a Warrior and I have like 50 magic runes that are completely useless for me.Maybe it will be cool to have some sort of rune masters around the map,who can convert runes.Also,skills like Iron Fist that help me only if I stay loyal to my human army,or Dark Commander,which helps me only if I have undeads,are useless too if I am using other armies (say dwarves).Those are the things I mostly don't like and I believe should be tweaked.

I'm a Mage and I have about 30 Might Runes that are worthless... wanna trade? :grin:

Frank
10-06-2008, 02:05 AM
The only problem I've had so far is with constantly pausing. As a Warrior, I can't wander around because I have to conserve my Rage. And if I wander anyway, I absolutely must use SPACE all the time. I don't like it, but I can't think of a solution consistent with the game.

I can do without multiplayer, though it seems like it would be easy to set it up for an Arena: pick size, terrain, cash (to be spent by each player, perhaps subject to handicaps) and the range of units that you'll select from (dwarves only, etc.). You could also make three-sided arenas, with the third side being an AI (it's allied with one of you, you're allied against it, etc.). It still doesn't sound as good as a game designed for MP, but you could also let players *1* make and post challenges (beat the giant turtle with 1000g and a pre-assigned character, for example), *2* record videos easily to show off. Anyway, like I said, I could do without multiplayer. It still couldn't match Bang! Howdy, or any other MP-designed game for that matter.

Likewise, the map's fine as is. And regarding the ease of troop re-upping, I like it as is. If it were easier to go back to Mark's castle, I'd never have tried out an all-elven team. I like the natural turnover in my troops and have never backtracked for units (beyond the current island).

Also, Darkhon's idea is really cool. Get on that, modders.

Darkhon
10-06-2008, 04:48 AM
This is probably a crazy idea, but multi-player.

I was thinking earlier as I toasted the enemy lining them up so I could hit them with area effects, goading them into attacking my summoned book of evil, etc that a human would be a far more interesting opponent.

Hear me out, there are three ways I think this could work.

1) Simple Match making

Players can take characters that completed the game and challenge one another through some sort of lobby. Using a simple system of gold to buy units, the players can agree on what family of units are available for the battle. (ALL, necromancers, elves, etc), they pick an arena and have at it.

The Simple system puts a win/loss/dropped (mid game) rating for each player.

Under this simple system, there is no world map. It's just battles.

1) Profit!

I have seen browser based games like gladiatus. (I can give you the website in pm, don't want to spam). Basically, you manage your "Character" through a web based interface.

It is Free to Play.

They make money by selling "Gems" which you can use to buy upgrades and you go through essentially a ladder arena.

Using a similar model, you could allow players to design a character for multiplayer, then it gets saved on your server and as above players go through match making to do arena battles, earning XP until they reach 30th level.

In this model, a first level character would have X gold to spend on basic choices of troops. After every battle all your troops are healed/back to life so you can fight again (so that if you are offline, you don't get wiped out once in battle and then subsequently can never be attacked).

Essentially, it's a loss and some gold raided.

Each level the cap you can spend on troops increases.

Again, no multiplayer world map. Just battles and a web based interface to manage your character perhaps.

1) Mini- MMO

The final idea involves letting say 4-8 people play on the same world map and would require 'respawning' of enemies and quests (possibly, or there maybe another way to do it)

There are a lot of MMOs out there that are finely polished. You can't hope to compete in the traditional MMO market, but what this game would be great for is:

Let players who buy the single player game, pay a monthly fee to manage their own "Online Kingdom". give them very simple tools to modify the game world and finite limits about how many players can be hosted and zones created. You could also make profit here by selling players pre-made zones and extra art.

Essentially a Kingdom-in-a-box, where right from the scratch it's ready for play. Let's say the player gets about six friends who meet regularly or play solo on his server. The player can create them custom npcs, castles, etc using hte various art that comes with the game, script simple quests, etc.

The game can have a few wizards to make creating quests very simple through waypoints and If statements, etc.

The owner in "GM" mode can take over various aspects of the game, including fighting as the monsters if they so choose. They can monitor the game from their home PC and know whos on and watch them.

I realize it sounds ambitious, but I know there are a lot of creative people in the world and one thing I've never seen done well is "Create your own MMO". When a company figures out how to make it simple to get started without technical knowledge, and the hosting is all done for you, they will succeed!

phoenixreborn
10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
If you want a similar game with multiplayer heroes 2 through 5 offers that.

For KB I like the squire idea.

AigisFan
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
maybe this has already been suggested but what about random generated dungeons in certain areas?

Random dungeons with random monster population based upon area difficulty, IE in the start zone youd get low tier troops like peasents and not very many. each dungeon would have up to 5 levels and have different rewards each time, and maybe throw in a RD quest for it to make some extra gold off of. and add an endgame dungeon that repopulates everytime you enter. sorry if this seems like a noob request, but i believe it would add extra playability

r45hnu
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Don't add Multiplayer! We have enough multiplayer games already. Going online makes everything different ... ppl start to whine about each and every aspect of the game. They tend to find things that are fun, but in multiplayer are inballanced and the game looses everything.

Please foucs on Sinlge Player mode. I love this game because I can login anytime and have loads of fun when I want and for how long as I want!

Quantos
10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I HATE the idea of multiplayer. MP games always descend into a argument about game balance. So all the troops turn out to be exactly the same with only different skins. There's also the rush factor. I can't wait to get overwhelmed by someone’s army full of level one peasants.

More customizable options for the main character would go far. Allow new classes and races. Also allow the main character to be female (and also allow husbands).

The idea of a squire or some sort of apprentice character is nice. Maybe this character fights in the battles.

More magic items is also a good idea.

Expand the map to include different worlds. Maybe each world could have a theme. This could allow for the introduction of elemental troops, cthulhu type troops, angels, etc...

Also the ability to be evil and better affect the world would be nice. Maybe eventually the main character could be king and have different warriors, paladins, and mages (who then lead armies) under them. It would be nice if the choices you made affected the world (so you territory would morph into "good" lands or "evil" lands).

Zhuangzi
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Anyone heard anything about the proposed expansion at all?

I love this game so much I would be happy to pay for a new campaign etc, plus add a couple of useful things like a central system for finding troops to buy (but you still have to go there to get them), and an ability to 'warehouse' troops in the castle.

Gatts
10-08-2008, 08:04 AM
well, adding multiplayer does not need to directly affect the gameplay/balance/ units - only gives option to play with a friend.

On the other hand when my girlfriend played Homm 3,4,5 at the beginning of her play experience she was angry that pc can play better (she was attacked by overhelming armies of enemy heroes, would she play with experienced human, she would be humiliated like really, luckily she played with me hot-seat and I let her win every second time)
But the point is that exactly the anger of being humiliated by AI heroes, motivated her to improve her tactics and after few weeks she completed even the most difficult maps and even on impossible difficulty (some of them even I had to cheat to complete them)...

So multiplayer may be scare, but that gives the add-on fun to the game, really.

Another example - I played Homm 5 BETA testing multiplayer, I played the demo map only for 4th time, but I realized that one elven hero is overpowered (speeds up all units), I played with one of the proffesional testers (I think he was even developer) who believed that he got all the smart moves and that undead are the most overpowered, so he tried to smash me with huge army of zounds of skeletons very soon at the game (bought a ship and wanted to defeat me in first month) and my joy when I defeated him becaouse my archers had 3 more moves agains his undead army was greater then winning any single player scenario.

On the other hand true is that from beta till 3.1 patch homm 5 was changed due BALANCE many many times, what took many good things from the game.

For KB TL I read many "tactics" that are (should be) THE SOLUTION for winning impossible and it is hard to believe for me (many of them are quite silly and as they describe the battle and I compare it with what I remember of the game - I can only say - you would be smashed in first 2 rounds pals!)... so I would love to challange these guys in multiplayer and check their "strategy" in real. Only MP can give this option to us.

Xelian
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
In the old days there were no such things as in-game quest logs or maps. We wrote stuff down and drew out maps on graph paper.

You guys can still jot down stuff on paper. My memory is pretty good. If I felt overwhelmed I would definitely do stuff like write down "royal snakes in snake cave in Arlania" in my real life notebook.

You can leave notes on the map. Just when you find snakes or something of interest click on the map on the place where you are and write "Royal Snake". Or Kraken or something like that.

Saridu
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Well I'm in agreement, no multiplayer, I'm a sp player never enjoyed mp.

I was thinking more on a Etherlords 2 style campaign,

We've seen the human campaign, I would like to see the dwarven, elven, undead, demon and orc campaigns :grin:

In Etherlords 2 they were really lazy, you had these four really massive maps, and four races. Now each race (you could play two and then unlock 2 after all of them play the final uniting campaign) started in their own area and finished on a different map. You would have the starting maps easy, working their way to the final map hard. (Demons start in Demonis, Elves in the elven island) etc.

It an easy idea, no new maps to create, but you would have three new classes per faction, so the elves would have rangers, sentinels and druids, the undead Unholy Champions, Fallen Paladins and Necromancers etc. Change the skill trees slightly, or completely give the undead bonuses to undead, the elves bonuses for a pure elven army etc. You would of course need a whole bunch of new kings quests and side quests, items, maybe some new units to balance the armies out etc.

Only problem would be balance issues, the humans mostly scale well, the dwarves are very mid level, the demons high, leadership costs do start to balance that out.

Good thing about this approach is it's fairly easy to implement ,they could even release the campaigns in a series, running a story along the way.

Fate
10-09-2008, 05:40 AM
I would like a free battle option in the main menu where i can test troops effectiveness. There would be options to choose equipment,skills and spells and to save the template since there is a lot to set after all. Maybe to make it easier, it can be implemented in the main game. But of course, no exp or gold will be gained.

The main reason for this is that i am really interested in trying out the unconventional troops of sprites, lake fairy and dryads in conjunction with Ange's ring. I am sure there are other combination of troops that people would like to try out but would be a hassle to gather the troops.

It could also be made that the items, spells and troops have to be unlocked first in the main game before becoming available.

aaaaa
10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I would like a free battle option in the main menu where i can test troops effectiveness.

I like this idea. We need a drill arena to horn our fighting skill. The hero, hero's troop, enemy troops may be set manually or automatically or copied from in-game arena fight. In in-game arena fight, we save our hero/heroes troop/enemy troop and edit it for practice session. Total price of our/enemy platoon should be displayed, too.

GreyBeard
10-11-2008, 02:03 AM
I would like to see a way to trade Runes. The game Sacred had that system you trade in 4 you don't want for 1 you do.

Since as usually happens Mages find too many Might Runes and Warriors too many Mind runes.:)

GB

ahh
10-12-2008, 05:53 AM
This might contain some *SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*

I agree the map mainly the mini-map needs some markers on it also all maps show where quest was given and important places. I have spent half my time trying to find certain NPCs or places. Example Redbeard I sailed for over a hour and still couldn't find his place.

Also maybe a "town portal" system so you can TP from a far away place to the King's Castle other wise its a long trip when you are far away.

GB

I agree, I hate when i got some quest and cant remember were the quest was given
2: This game needs some kind of "warehouse" let's say you went to a tavern and he sells (royal snakes >.<)/ent's ,then royal snake/ent would be automaticly added to the warehouse & warehouse could be planted in the middle of continent, this would make it so much easier to buy troops then running to some houses to gathering them.

3: Maybe weapons/potions/artifacts you have seen in taverns/houses could be added to the warehouse.

4: Minimap, you could be able to click on the tiny map that there already exists and make it larger so you can see all enemys near you in some radius and maybe Items/Treasures/Houses (maybe treasures/items is to powerful but you would be able to upgrade it in spellbook to see them)

5: Multiplayer? Maybe, Im to bored to write my thought on that :P (multiplayer equals: mc=2 which becomes the square root of BORING)!!

6: transportation "horse" should not be free ;P should be able to choose colors/and speed for some amount of gold or tournament maybe.

7: fix click/move, It's annoying when youre clicking forward and for mistake you click on some kind of rock over you and youre character doesnt move :P

8: (My idea to the quote on top) Let's say i have taken quest in dwarf lands and also in freedom island and maybe in demon lands, well they are all mixed together you dont know which quest is from what "country", would be nice if there was a "sort by" option :p

9: Garrison in castles for troops: You should be able to buy spots if you want to have more then 3 troops in there.

10: It's annoying you cant get rid of children you have with youre wives. There should be a option so you can dump the child in a basket in front of some house so you can have a new one.(>.<)

11: Like many men in the world. You should be able to have a wife in every town. :rolleyes:

12: Tournaments: Maybe have a special one that you get honor(royal) points for every victory and for those points you could buy spells or weapons/armor.

13:*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER* More mini game quests: I loved the dwarf quest you helped a father who had forgotten the pasword to open some kind of vault with super mega cart for rocks that he was giving his son.

14: Have a NPC ingame that shows all those hints/tips that pop up while youre loading, Game loads so fast i can never read it.

That's all for now :P

aaaaa
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Each castle has 3 garrison slots, which is suitable for most cases.
But I found that 3 garrison slots in the King's castle (Kronberg) in capital city, Greenwort/Darion, are not enough, even with additional 3 slots of Knight's Temple.
When I switch/change constituents of my main troops, (ex: from human troops to dwarven army), I need place to dump and save half-filled old army. I may dismiss these old army. But it seems waste of my money. I may need to switch back to human army. I'd like to save them for future use. To do so, I have to travel to empty castle in far way region.
Additional slot may not be free. You may "buy" the slot or one additional garrison slot in King's castle is given as prize for each fulfillment of King's quest.

I'd like to have more garrison slots in King's castle. It will not impact game balance much, but will improves convenience of player.

renton
10-16-2008, 10:11 AM
a big new area that is not an arabian knights or a jungle theme.

HitmanN
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
My wishlist would be as follows:

- Map improvements. I too like the idea of having the information of where and what troops are available displayed on the map, without resorting to notes or pen and paper.

- New continents that are accessed along the original game story. It would be unwise to make a completely separate new campaign and not include the core content. Instead simply expand the world map with new locations and quests. Maybe a one area new island south of the first continent, an additional area of islands northwest of Freedom Islands, etc. Having just 4-5 new areas (couple could be dungeons or such) would be enough to make me play the game through at least one extra time, probably even more.

- Unit or faction/race based enhancements. Similar to the skill trees, but not chained (so you can choose any enhancement at any time, provided you have the runes for it). Maybe three bonuses per race. One gives +1 Att and/or def for all or specific units of the race (and two additional upgrades of the same, just like most of the skill tree options), another gives +1 speed or initiative (could be two-level, first upgrade adds speed, second initiative), and third could be anything else, like additional resistances, skill, skill power, leadership cost, whatever feels best. The idea of this is that you can even better specialize in specific troops, giving more incentive to travel and fetch the troops you benefit most from.

- More items, preferably some more randomization, so it's unlikely you'll find the same stuff in your next game.

- Treasure digging is fun, but all I seem to get is money, and there's always enough of it, so it's not really all the fun it could be. More items, runes and scrolls to treasure chests, please.

- Spells need some re-balancing or limitations. Scrolls don't need a limit, since they seem to be mostly level 1 spells, and are not powerful from mid-game on. There could be a spell limit, dependant on skill tree or attributes, so you need to be selective about what spells to learn. You could end up with a totally different spell book in every game.

Overall, I'd like more additional content that goes together with the core game. Not just high-level content, but stuff that makes going through the lower level continents again more surprising and rewarding.

Amamake
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
- New continents that are accessed along the original game story. It would be unwise to make a completely separate new campaign and not include the core content. Instead simply expand the world map with new locations and quests. Maybe a one area new island south of the first continent, an additional area of islands northwest of Freedom Islands, etc. Having just 4-5 new areas (couple could be dungeons or such) would be enough to make me play the game through at least one extra time, probably even more.

I think they decided to go with entirely new world for the expansion.

KKJ
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I bought this game last week and is really enjoying it.

Here are some of the features that I'd like to see in an expansion:

1. I want my actions to influence the look and abilities of my character. (that worked wonders in KOTOR)

2. I want to have more of an impact on the gameworld. It'd be great if I could own castles around the lands and maybe even could conquer a land (that'd pay me taxes). Maybe I would be able to upgrade my castles (even how they look and the living room to show my wealth) so that I could buy certain troops at them and maybe install a teleportation system between them. Maybe they'd even come under siege sometimes...

3. An autoresolve feature for the easiest battles.

4. Perhaps a larger "in battle" map, so that more tactics are involved, maybe more units. Some kind of attention to making the battles become more immersive.

5. It'd be nice to be able to recruit one or more "heroes" for my army. Maybe the hero would take up the space of an ordinary unit, but have special abilities and could have one or two items. It'd also be great if I could talk to them or they'd offer advice on some things.

6. Maybe a multiplayer battle-ladder, but it's not first priority. I like this game as single player and I use it to keep me entertained in breaks from MMOs.

7. A dungeon with respawning monsters where you can grind if you're stuck somehow. The dungeon should be randomized and with random reward. Perhaps scalable to your level.

I really think that the focus should be on improved Character development and customization as well as your character's impact on the gameworld. Perhaps more classes.

I'm looking forward to the expansion.

jake21
10-27-2008, 04:27 PM
My wish for expansion is that it is available soon (us version) :)

Anyone know if it is any where close to being released (or if the current game is a commercial success) ?

Zhuangzi
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Amamake, please tell us everything you know about the expansion. Have they started work? When will it be finished? Any idea what will be included?

Cheers. :)

HitmanN
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I think they decided to go with entirely new world for the expansion.

Yeah, I read about that soon after posting the wishlist. :(

Really an odd decision, IMO. If the current product is awesome already, then why not combine the new awesome with the current and make one big awesome thing. If the 'expansion' is better than the original, then people might not play the original anymore, and all that good content is kinda going to waste.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to anything new, regardless. Sounds more like a sequel than an expansion to me though...

Amamake, please tell us everything you know about the expansion. Have they started work? When will it be finished? Any idea what will be included?

Cheers. :)

Google for Babelfish and let it translate this url from Russian to English:
http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=622&st=0&p=57454&#entry57454

Sure the translation is goofed up, but it has some info. They don't seem to be giving away too much details yet though.

monkeydog
10-31-2008, 03:34 PM
I think having a slightly larger battlefield and one extra stack of troops (6 instead of 5), would be great. In heroes we had 7 stacks which offered more possibilities during battles. I know we have the extra reserve slots and some spells that can summon, phanton, etc., but having a permanet extra stack would be nice. If you didn't want to use it, you wouldn't have to. Anyone else think this would be a nice addition?

hacko
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Multiplayer.

For the love of god, multiplayer.

Metathron
11-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, some kind of hotseat mode is much needed. Perhaps something like HoMM V's duel mode at least.

This was the main reason why my local gaming magazine rated the game a mere 76.

slamelov
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Multiplayer, of course. But not boring deathmatch, a full multiplayer, like Age of Wonders.

Elias_Maluco
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
For one, I dont see how could this game have MP, unless we are talking about some skirmish mode (like duel on HOMM 5), and, although it could be fun, it wont be enough hold me for much time.

I really loved this game, really. I havent fineshed it yet, but Im already worried about it: what I will do once I get to the end? So the only important improvements for me would be the kind of stuff that would add replay value to the game.

What I would like to see, is some form of random map, open ended mode, single-player, of course. Im not saying I would rather have that than a real campaign, but I would love to have it as an alternative play mode, for when we have finished the campaign, dont want to start it again, but want to keep playing.

How would that be? I dont know. Maybe something like this:

- you get to choose a class, maybe a race (elven, human, dwarve, etc), and starts like a minor noble on a big random generated map (or a set of random generated maps), with a castle of your own;

- there would be some castle building like HOMM, but simpler, so you would upgrade your castle to get advanced kinds of troops, earn money, more garrison slots, etc;

- random quests, enemies, treasures (maybe even wives);

- enemy noble castles to atack or be atacked by;

- some kind of "bigger objective" (defeat all enemy nobles, develop your castle to level X, develop you hero to level X, something like that), just something to eventually end the game;

Nothing too deep or complex: all I want is some excuse to keep playing, developing my hero, fighting, exploring, without having to play the same campaign, the same maps, all over again.

Another very valuable addition, maybe the most important one: make everything "moddable" so our creative fans could build their own maps and campaigns. I think HOMM is so popular not exactlly becouse of MP: Ive played tons of it and never played much MP (just some hotseats with my girlfriend). HOMM has tons of single player replay value for me due to the random map generator (even though it kinda sucks) and, more important, the tons of excelent user made maps.

Kings Bounty just needs that, in my opinion: something to keep playing on, since is already such a fun game to play.

chumpy
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
MP is not necessary in my opinion.

- Your characters actions should affect the way the game advances.
- Some sort of campaign/Map editor. ;)
- Better character customization.
- Lots of sidequests
- More playable races would be nice. (In a different campaign maybe)

Thats all I can think of right now.

Orson
11-11-2008, 03:06 AM
A castle or a base to manage. Store items and hire creatures. : D

Ish
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Make the classes more even (bring the mage class down to the others).

As it stands most players would consider the mage overpowered from what I have read on the forums.

Improve the mind skills.. as a lot of them are quite useless

Smash
11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Make the classes more even (bring the mage class down to the others).

As it stands most players would consider the mage overpowered from what I have read on the forums.

Improve the mind skills.. as a lot of them are quite useless

Lol? I would not even touch expansion if they would do that, we needs buffs not nerfs, not one like nerfs, it enough that 2 classes are poor you wanna make three? Talents are poor design and weak in bonuses (btw, creatures are poor too...).

Keneth
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Abandon Quest button, if the quest is too hard or if you accidently screwed up something, you could abandon it before it's finished and pick it up again later. I would have actually liked this to be in a patch for the original game but that's never gonna happen so...

Oh and some dev tools would be nice too for the file types that are encoded, or at least some structure definitions so we know how to make our own editing software. :)

TerraformX3
11-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I would like prolongued turns on the battlemap after the enemy is defeated and a victory button to call victory after taking additional turns for ressurrecting and gathering loot. :cool:

SpiritSeeker
11-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm enjoying this game very much, especially the fact that there is much in the area that you're in that is just too strong to tackle right away.. Well, of course you can always try, which is so exciting! I dived right into Impossible level (Mage) at my first game, and it's just plain fun to see how deep you can get into an area full of way too strong enemies.

But here's what I miss:
- Battle replay saving! To relive your sheer genious when you DO tackle that ridiculously strong army would be so nice. And to share it of course. Perhaps put them online on fan sites, elections of replay of the day / week etc. You could get a community going...

- Style bonuses: It would be great to see some influence on character development through your battle tactics style. For instance:
- Do you fight efficiently? E.g. High kills vs. losses ratio, or damage dealt vs. damage taken ratio
- What is your main damage dealer: Magic casting / magic scrolls / rage / melee / ranged?
- Are you an odds breaker? Do you often battle stronger armies (and emerge victorious)
- Are you a FAST killer? Charge into battle and finish it in 1 or 2 turns?
- Are you an enhancer, using many support spells and abilities?
- Are you a 'populist' or an 'elitist'? (using armies of low or high level creatures)
I can imagine different 'style' bars being filled up by such behaviour, and when full, granting you special bonuses, like one-time-use special abilities you can use in those extra hard battles, such as:
- 'Charge!': All units + 1 movement in the first turn (because you have trained killing the enemy FAST)
- 'Luck': Selecting a 'lucky' unit, which gets a chance to evade attacking this battle (because you have battled so many stronger opponents)
- 'Fast reading': Use two scrolls in one round (because you have read so many in previous battles).
- 'Power to the people': Morale bonus for low level units for this battle (because you used low level creatures so often)
- 'Bow, maggots!': Morale penalty for enemy low level creatures (because you mostly used superior, high level units)

There are many ways to implement this, I could go on and on ;-)

Oh and, I would like online battling with a ladder system. A bit like warcraft 3, where you gain levels as you win battles, getting more experience against higher levels.

Well, that's my 2 cents!
What do you think?

Lari
11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
1. A menu to Undercast, even for the dragon, not only for spells. Like it uses an ability, but not with it's full strenght, retaining precious energies for later

2. A message to warn you that the one you reached was the last upgrade of something so you 'll not be disappointed to wait forever

3. Full set Spawning, not single items. ie. if a piece of a set is spawn, all the set is spawn.

Credits for point one and two to keneth also.

Ryder
12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
There must be a limit on how high a class can advance on other skill trees. Warriors shouldnt be able to get level 3 magic skills for example. In the original KB, Knights couldnt even pay the 5000g to learn magic.

I think it should be

Warrior
Might L3
Mind L2
Magic L1

Paladin
Might L2
Mind L3
Magic L2

Mage
Might L1
Mind L2
Magic L3

lauvhk
12-18-2008, 02:01 AM
In the original KB, every class, except Sorceress who begins with, can pay 5000 to learn magic. They differ in terms of spell power and the number of spells they can carry.

Ryder
12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
In the original KB, every class, except Sorceress who begins with, can pay 5000 to learn magic. They differ in terms of spell power and the number of spells they can carry.

Well it has been a while. ;)

lauvhk
12-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Don't worry. I rarely play it nowadays. :)

Having some sort of skill limitation add some flavors to the game. It would be nice as an option to turn it on/off rather than fixed.

Speed112
12-22-2008, 03:39 AM
I would really like to see something besides the scenario, somekind of skirmish that could also work in multi-player, a few different maps that have a few separate regions divided by races (humans, dwarfs and elves), in the middle an island with outlaws (like the isles of freedom) a few dragon islands. At each region you advance trough stronger enemies and harder quests to level up and reach either a common place or to get to the high level parts of the other race region and fight the enemy. Each race to have its own characteristics but to be evenly matched and to test the wits of the hero controlling the army. Also I am a really big fan of co-op so something (a map maybe) having 2v2v2 would be really nice, I am sure that if this will be used there will be enough map makers and enough places from where to get custom maps.
Also a new and better AI would be really good and something like 2 players vs 2 computers vs 2 computers (numbers may vary) would work very nice. The goal at everything above is to level fast, do many battles & quests and become as strong as possible so you can fight the enemy.
I am imagining right now a 2p vs 2comp vs 2comp : The players will either go together through a single path and split the experience or go separate paths, fight battles together, team up to fight stronger enemies [something just popped up: 2 brothers serving the king, they get an order to conquer mines and mills, save someone, if they got multiple targets they split up and do them together, chat and ask for help if you need to fight a strong enemy and the friend is near, so many ideas in a short period of time...]
Whew, trough-out my tangled thoughts, the rain of ideas is poring harder and harder, the river is getting larger and larger and eventually my head will get flooded :D . Some opinions and after I get a bucket to drain the river of ideas (bucket = notebook + pen) I will post some more.

PS: I just realized that I am not talking anymore about KB expansion but more likely KB 3 :D

ror
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Great great game KB!!
in the last years my favorite game was Homm and wow.
KB is not a MMporg game but the cartoon style of graphic the quest system the talent tree remember me a lot wow. The combat system in arena similar to homm but without the bored construction of building for recruit unity and to find resource... all this elementets is a magic cocktail that made KB great play experience :)

I will buy for sure the next expansion!!!
he he he ... a great think will be found in the expansion the follow:
1) See the different equiped item really dressed on the hero (like wow :P)
2) maybe equipe set with additional bonus for a complete set :P
3) big difference for the talent tree of different class and not only 2 main talent
4) level up until 50 our actual PG
wath u think about?
BY TO ALL AND MERRY CRISTHMASS TO ALL!!

King's Hunty
12-26-2008, 04:19 PM
- In battlegrounds more interactive objects, more damage to bee-hives and such because you almost completely ignore them as they do so little damage, also more pick-up objects that affect the battle itself (Lina's chargers were not much as you had to use alot of rage to summon them), appearing right in the beginning of a battle, e.g. objects that increase the picking creature's stat by certain amount depending on player's experience level, reload their talents, give rage, mana or AP like chargers do, allows you to instantly cast a random spell without mana cost.

- Some kind of arena where you can fight monsters without limits, whence you get very little experience (so players realize it's alot more effective to fight outside monsters than stay fighting at the arena) and winning coupons if you win; these coupons to change them for rewards.
To enhance the arena furthermore give it difficulty levels and different modes, like in one mode random spells constantly attack your troops (or possibly also enemy troops on easier difficulties), another where some of your abilities are randomly removed (the higher the difficulty more removed) e.g. can't cast certain type of spells, can't use the dragon pet, rangers can't shoot, creatures can't use their talents, or their abilities are nullified, a mode where enemies get random beneficial spells while you get harmful ones, their effectiveness modified by difficulty, your mana or rage generation might be reduced by a random amount, invisible traps randomly placed on the battlefield in the beginning of a battle, or certain types of creatures get something in them improved, and of course, a normal mode without anything special.
Now, so that everyone wouldn't always play the normal mode and easiest difficulty players have to get more coupons if they play on harder difficulty. The enemy troops would be generally calculated depending on the player's experience level but on higher difficulties there is higher propability that enemy troops are more numerous. That's also more experience on higher difficulties because it's more monsters killed. Also to get players familiar with all kinds of modes, the amount of coupons the player receives from a battle when played on certain mode changes depending on how many times you've recently played with other modes, like this:
You go to arena, there is a mode A from which you get 7 coupons, mode B from which you get 10 and mode C from which you get also 10. Now you choose mode A and win the battle, you get seven coupons, you decide to fight some more, now you get only 5 coupons from mode A and from B and C you get 12.
You still choose mode A because it's easy win. You fight and win. Next you get only 3 coupons from A and 13 from B and C (now it's only increase of one coupon so players won't wait them to grow into immense amounts; next time they don't increase at all but after that they increase by one again, and after that you would have to play two rounds of mode A before they increase again etc.)
But now the player chooses mode B and wins 13 coupons, after that the choices are mode A: 7 coupons (the amount has returned to default because another mode was played), mode B: 10 coupons (it always returns to normal if played when the amount of coupons is above the default) and mode C: 15 coupons (yes, an increase of two because the number of rounds played on mode A doesn't affect the increase of coupons on mode C when played on mode B (hope that's not confusing) this way players will play all modes quite equally.
Now, so that players would acually spend these coupons and not just try to collect a huge amount of them to get some ultimate mega staff in the end, the amount of coupons required on certain items is decreased as you spend coupons on certain other items. Also some kind of level requirement for the items might be necessary.

- I also wish more item-sets that give set bonuses. In King's Bounty: The Legend, the only set I managed to gather was the beer keg and telescopic sight and I didn't even use it because telesight is good for elven archers and the ale was for dwarves and they don't manage so well with each other.

- What I don't understand is the burning and poisoning damage; it's ridiculous. It's like: Choose from two spells with same mana cost: spell A that deals 3000 damage and has 80% chance of burning or a spell B which deals 5000 damage and has 60% chance of burning. The burning does 10 damage per turn. I would like some considerable damage from them.

Now these are ideas I've thrown; I guess that's what this thread is about. I believe these are not hard to implement, as I always take that into consideration.

Rinah
12-28-2008, 09:00 AM
The following are my wishes:

1. Make Undeads, demons and orcs playable right from the start.

2. Introduce an alignment system, based on the DoD system and depending on the characters actions during the game.

3. Please give me the opinion of marrying a man. Or at least let it be modable. I would love to marry Christian Tyler! (the paladin)

4. I would like more opinions, like siding with the bad guys and killing royal governors and installing my own puppets.

5. I love the idea of a lizard race, but please first balance the races that already exist. Undead needs a boost, and so do orcs. (and the elven tree-apes) I would also appreciate more units, like nightmares for demons and mummies for the undead.

6. More units should be upgradeable, at least after a while. This could easily be done with the units that already exists. For example, when visiting a necropolis/undead town I would like to be able to upgrade ghosts to cursed ghosts and vampires to ancient vampires.

7. A few custom scenarios, not random but with their own stories.

8. Multiplayer, where players could either be rivals on one side or fight each other.

I doubt any of this will ever happen, and it doesn't matter to me. I would buy the game even if it was just a new tale with the same characters and opinions. :rolleyes:

Murkhach
01-09-2009, 10:43 AM
1. After each week should respawn some creatures (at least in dungeon and caves) - nice way is to generate some new quest
[ there is a list of possible quest for some location, after finishing one, after soma time is aviable new one]

2. More levels of items (not just basic and one/two upgrades)
3. Much more big bosses (3 are not enough at least 20)
4. More turnaments (some of them are class specific)
5. new skill [Allows merge(2/3/double target) scrolls ]
[each creation cost magic crystalls depends on spell type]
[double target - require 4 scrolls of the same type, when used player can cast base spell twice]
6. more then one use for some special ability (IE 2 charges of ressurection)
could it be a speccial skil in tree ??
7. more special chest in battles, contains something other than gold
(scrolls, [mana, rage- similar to charges], creeps - AI should use it )
8. over seveal uses of spirits of rage (100 times) , spirits become tired and need to rest (number of battles and/or visit some special location on map)
9. after spirit gain 7 levels its turn out of controll and player must fight him itself (uses level *5 RAGE,and appropriate crepss, Deamons, poison creps, Polar creeps, undead)
10. some special items (can be assigned to childs only)
11. ability to left childs in castle (limit of five childrens total can not be exceeded)

Gatts
01-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I am afraid there will be no children anymore :)

Also there will be only 3 or 4 new bosses

but skills should be reworked

Fighting spirit would be interesting - as it will be your friendly little dragon pet.

malcolmm
01-10-2009, 11:21 PM
For the expansion, I mostly wish for more, lots more, of the same. Of course, the more new units, spells, skills etc. the better.

The game was about the right difficulty for me. A little more balance between the units would be nice, the level 4 units were rarely worth buying.

Although a senario editor would be nice, as others have said these usually result in masses of mediocre maps being created. I played many HOMM III user created maps, 99% were garbage. I would rather that the developers spend the time on the main game.

What I really wish for is that the developers create more KB type games. If they could take over the HOMM series that would be wonderfull.

Murkhach
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
I am afraid there will be no children anymore :)

i think that children are good and natural , here is some adjustment
- children can be placed in castle (No Bonuses, but, free slots)
- special item clas medailon (can be only wear by children)
- each wife can have up to 6 children (2 must be placed in castle)

And another idea
Is it possible to add something like week of (creature) in HOMM3 WOG.
- random creature stack or heroes appear in explored locations
- [or better] add super quests, that can spawn later in the game (after fullfill some main quests)

Gualty
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
It could be fun if Shops/Castles changes the troop for sale randomly.

Applied with other suggestion like random spawn and so on, this will force players to travel across the map much more than now.

To visit shop more than once (if there are useless troops for you to hire), to buy reserve stacks cause troops u like will never be in the same shop forever.

Only Capital Castle and the Temple should mantain the troops without changes.

sade
01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
1. +1 vote to multiplayer

2. more "woman" monster, like succubus, and pixie

3. women heroes (also marriage-able :))

OGKingsBounty92
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Only ONE thing would make this game alot better. Have ALL the items available in the game, screw that random BS, it kills a huge aspect of the game. I can't plan a game around a certain race because I have to hope and pray that the items are there and not random. :mad::confused: