Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Wishlist for expansion

*Mods, can we have an expansion sub-board? This isn't just idle chitchat because as I understand an expansion may be on the horizon.*

King's Bounty: The Legend is a fantastic game, right? One of the best I have played in many years, for me anyway. But as good as the game is, there's always something that can be improved. I would be happy to pay more money for an expansion pack that gave a new campagin, but here are some other things I would like to see:

1. Most important, a screen that gives the inventories of shop's contents. These inventories could appear only after the player had accessed the shop/ unlocked it by doing quests etc. I would like a search function as well so that I could work out where I need to go for some more of those lovely Royal Snakes. This could work in the same way as it did in Space Rangers 2.

2. This is a small one - I would like an indication of how hard certain fights are going to be. By this I mean the item upgrade fights and the castle attack type fights. Currently, the only way to find out is to try them and reload if necessary. This isn't a huge problem for me because I don't mind the occasional reload, but it completely precludes the player from trying to play as an Iron Man. Just an indicator of the approximate level needed to win the fight would be okay.

3. I am glad that the devs decided to focus on single player mode rather than multiplayer, but I would like to see some limited multiplayer play. For me, I would be satisfied with a hotseat game where you can set the amount of gold before the fight and buy troops/spells etc. I know that implementing multiplayer is very time consuming so I would prefer an emphasis on single player first.

Well, what do you think of these ideas? Got any other suggestions?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

I am against multiplayer for this game.

Edit: otherwise your suggestions are good.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

Whenever I hit a shop I make a note on the map listing what is there. This makes finding specific troops much easier. The only trouble is that you can only fit like 100 characters in a note.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

I too would vote against multiplayer, but I'm really biased against MP games... Hate 'em...

But if I could have any wish, it would be for a better mapping system, or perhaps a more detailed or elaborate map. I know I can drop my own markers, but they're so limited in size, get too many of them and it becomes a cluttered mess, and the labels themselves don't show up on the mini-map.

I usually end up picking up some troops, head out on a quest, fight battles along the way, need to re-stock my troops so Ive got to make my way back to where the troops are, then back out again on the quest... over and over and over... It seems I spend more time roaming around trying to find someplace I've already been to, and trying to remember where I was ina quest after having to stop and replenish troops so many times...

Don't get me wrong, loving the game, but in some areas it just frustrates me...
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Well, some LAN multiplayer could be some fun, imo. Like both players start at example: Level 20 with som rage spirits. And you got twenty minutes to make an army, train spirits, etc. and then it would be a fight.

Maybe some new classes, but i'm on one side with ImperialDane on females: do not add classes with just females. Add a female to every class which had been much better imo.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

For the mob tracking problem, I created a spreadsheet categorized by zone with the list of vendors and what types of mobs they sold. If you could create some sort of internal database that players could bring up and would be automatically populated once you visited a location, this would be great.

I think a cool idea to eliminate the tediousness of running around to get certain monsters for your army would be to create a central market. Let's say one per continent. From here you could buy monsters from all the other vendors on that continent but at a premium.

As far as an expansion or patch, I would like to see a better Quest tracking system categorized by zone. At least we'd know where the quest started. Right now it's just a jumbled mess of 20 or so quests in the log. Also the ability to expand and collapse each zone of quests would be nice.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikpik View Post
As far as an expansion or patch, I would like to see a better Quest tracking system categorized by zone. At least we'd know where the quest started. Right now it's just a jumbled mess of 20 or so quests in the log. Also the ability to expand and collapse each zone of quests would be nice.
I would love to see that as my quest log is a mess and sometimes I really have to run a lot just to return the quest. But I think such a thing as categorizing quest by zones could be added more in patch than expansion
Old 09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Changes to allow us to speed up combat. I'm not a big fan of auto-resolve and the auto-combat AI is abysmal. Even at high combat speed there are lots of battles and I'd like to be able to resolve them more quickly. Either a way to increase the speed of battles even higher, or possibly turn off animations to speed up combat.

-Munch
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

In the old days there were no such things as in-game quest logs or maps. We wrote stuff down and drew out maps on graph paper.

You guys can still jot down stuff on paper. My memory is pretty good. If I felt overwhelmed I would definitely do stuff like write down "royal snakes in snake cave in Arlania" in my real life notebook.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Thanx to technology, the necessity of having to write things down should be a thing of the past. I didn't play nearly as many games in those days because I didn't want to have to write everything down... Ewwww... Hard copy....

I am adversely against having to write anything down to play a game...