PDA

View Full Version : issue with new units mod

kalafus2002
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Hello,
I usually don't post on forums, so I'm not very good at this.

I have created mod with new units and an item to upgrade units to the new units. I'm using the KBMaster_2.2.2_for_a12 for my mod (both included in zip). When I start new game with my mod in game folder the game always crashes when I arrive at Verona. I can get to other islands without problems and can use all the new units. The only workaround I found is to start game without the mod, save, put the mod back in and continue from save. Does anyone know where the issue is and how to fix it?

PS: Feel free to use my mod and let me know what you think about it.

MattCaspermeyer
09-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Hello,
I usually don't post on forums, so I'm not very good at this.

I have created mod with new units and an item to upgrade units to the new units. I'm using the KBMaster_2.2.2_for_a12 for my mod (both included in zip). When I start new game with my mod in game folder the game always crashes when I arrive at Verona. I can get to other islands without problems and can use all the new units. The only workaround I found is to start game without the mod, save, put the mod back in and continue from save. Does anyone know where the issue is and how to fix it?

PS: Feel free to use my mod and let me know what you think about it.

I tried to download it, but the ZIP file is corrupted and I can't open it.

I guess the question is what did you change? Did you change any of the *.LOC files? Usually an error of the type you see is due to a unit or an item that has been added to a location (in your case Verona) that does not exist. It could be as simple as a misspelling of a unit or item somewhere. You may also have the opposite problem where an item that used to exist no longer does.

What you can do is start a new game with your mod, save the game, then open it in KB Scanner and generate the text file. Then look in the Verona section for the names of the items / units you added. It may be a bit time consuming, but you'll have to check to ensure that all the names of items / units in the Verona section exist in your mod.

Good luck, if you re-attach nexus.zip, I may be able to look at the files you changed and provide better help...

Matt

/C\/C\

kalafus2002
09-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks, for your reply MattCaspermeyer.

I have mainly created new units and items and also changed several existing items to affect new units as well (e.g. item affecting archers will affect the new archer unit I have created). Below are the upload links for the master file and my nexus mod (both should be put somewhere in game folder). So far I had no other issues after adding the mod and continuing from existing save. If you could find the issue I would appreciate it.

http://speedy.sh/bZzjM/KBMaster-2.2.2-for-a12.kfs
http://speedy.sh/G5ubH/mod-a12-Master-001-nexus-convertor.kfs

MattCaspermeyer
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks, for your reply MattCaspermeyer.

I have mainly created new units and items and also changed several existing items to affect new units as well (e.g. item affecting archers will affect the new archer unit I have created). Below are the upload links for the master file and my nexus mod (both should be put somewhere in game folder). So far I had no other issues after adding the mod and continuing from existing save. If you could find the issue I would appreciate it.

http://speedy.sh/bZzjM/KBMaster-2.2.2-for-a12.kfs
http://speedy.sh/G5ubH/mod-a12-Master-001-nexus-convertor.kfs

Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but how do I download from speedy without downloading the EXE or registering? I hope there is a way... otherwise you'll have to email me the files. My email address is in my TL HOMM3 Babies mod that you can download on this forum or I can PM it to you if you prefer...

/C\/C\

kalafus2002
09-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Hello MattCaspermeyer

I have tried to download your TL HOMM3 Babies mod, but I'm getting an error when trying to unpack it. We are probably using incompatible zip programs. Can you please PM me your e-mail address or tell me which free upload client should I use. I'm new at using forums and uploading files so I used the first free client I found. Thanks.

PS: sorry for taking so long to reply, I didn't expect another issue to pop up and thought that it would take a long time to find an error in my mod.

Zenith88
01-02-2014, 06:25 AM
This is my first opportunity to visit this website.I want to show my admiration for your generosity in support of people that should have assistance with your question.