PDA

View Full Version : Please help with item edition

TheGsProds
08-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi guys, i´m trying to make new items and edit others.

I know how to create the new items but i don´t know how to write the characteristics in the game, i cannot find tihs archives to write a description for the item, so the item appears and give the attributes but i don´t know how to make the information appear

hint_config=object_item
label=itm_ancient_ring_name
hint=itm_ancient_ring_hint
information_label=itm_ancient_ring_info

I hope you can help me, thank you so much.

MattCaspermeyer
08-28-2013, 04:14 AM
That information you can put in a file with the LNG extension.

If you look for ENG_ITEMS.LNG in your LOC_SES.KFS file located in AP_DIR\sessions\addon folder for AP or your ORCS.KFS file located in AP_DIR\sessions\orcs folder for CW you'll see these types of labels used for various items.

Just copy them over to your new LNG file, change the names to match your names and change the descriptions and you'll be good to go.

Just note that there is an item limit so don't add more than about 50 new items otherwise you'll run into trouble with CW (you can add more with AP, but it has the same limitation).

Good luck!

Matt

/C\/C\

TheGsProds
08-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Thank so much Matt, I´m going to try it

TheGsProds
08-29-2013, 08:10 PM
It works absolutely perfect Matt, thank you very much.

I have another question, i want to upgrade the item after 300 victories. Do you know how could i do that?

MattCaspermeyer
08-30-2013, 06:00 AM
It works absolutely perfect Matt, thank you very much.

I have another question, i want to upgrade the item after 300 victories. Do you know how could i do that?

Glad it worked for you! :)

You want the item to be able to be upgraded to another item after 300 victories?

Automatically?

If it is automatic then you need to study life_shield_1 through 4 as they automatically upgrade / downgrade based on a random value that increases / decreases based on where the item is (i.e. in your backpack versus wearing it). Essentially you increment the victory counter after a successful victory (After Fight Event), and once the victory exceeds the value a script is executed to automatically upgrade the item.

If you want to do it manually, create a use condition and then add an On Use event that upgrades the item after the use condition enables the item to be used.

Do you use the editor? Look at the life_shield_1 through 4 items in the editor to get a feel for an item that automatically upgrades itself after a condition. Also look at ancient_amulet and intellect_ring_1 for examples of items that allow them to be used after a certain number of victories. The editor is the easiest way to implement things with items when it comes to victories. Just note that adding new items to ITEMS.TXT requires a restart to allow the new items you've created a chance to generate during the new game creation.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

:)

/C\/C\

TheGsProds
08-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Glad it worked for you! :)

You want the item to be able to be upgraded to another item after 300 victories?

Automatically?

If it is automatic then you need to study life_shield_1 through 4 as they automatically upgrade / downgrade based on a random value that increases / decreases based on where the item is (i.e. in your backpack versus wearing it). Essentially you increment the victory counter after a successful victory (After Fight Event), and once the victory exceeds the value a script is executed to automatically upgrade the item.

If you want to do it manually, create a use condition and then add an On Use event that upgrades the item after the use condition enables the item to be used.

Do you use the editor? Look at the life_shield_1 through 4 items in the editor to get a feel for an item that automatically upgrades itself after a condition. Also look at ancient_amulet and intellect_ring_1 for examples of items that allow them to be used after a certain number of victories. The editor is the easiest way to implement things with items when it comes to victories. Just note that adding new items to ITEMS.TXT requires a restart to allow the new items you've created a chance to generate during the new game creation.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

:)

/C\/C\

I do it manually but upgrading items it´s so hard to me. I would like to create an item that begins with -1 speed and morale to all units and after 300 victories it upgrades to a really great item but i don´t know how to do that.

Your explanations are really useful but I´m so ankward with PC operations.

Anyway, thank you so much for your time and your help.

Nice to talk to you

MattCaspermeyer
08-31-2013, 05:16 AM
I do it manually but upgrading items it´s so hard to me. I would like to create an item that begins with -1 speed and morale to all units and after 300 victories it upgrades to a really great item but i don´t know how to do that.

Your explanations are really useful but I´m so ankward with PC operations.

Anyway, thank you so much for your time and your help.

Nice to talk to you

I think if you played with the editor and checked out some of the items I mentioned you may get how it works and can create a new session in the editor, create your item, and then paste it into the CW ITEMS.TXT that you are modding.

I think that is your best bet, otherwise working with the items without the editor is really tricky.

Good luck!

/C\/C\

TheGsProds
08-31-2013, 08:45 AM
I think if you played with the editor and checked out some of the items I mentioned you may get how it works and can create a new session in the editor, create your item, and then paste it into the CW ITEMS.TXT that you are modding.

I think that is your best bet, otherwise working with the items without the editor is really tricky.

Good luck!

/C\/C\

¿The editor is only available on AP? I can´t find the editor in CW

MattCaspermeyer
08-31-2013, 06:44 PM
¿The editor is only available on AP? I can´t find the editor in CW

Actually its only available with CW so you should have it, but you have to download some additional stuff since some places where you purchase it don't include everything.

See this post:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16706

And there is a whole section devoted to the CW Editor:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=184

The editor is buggy and tends to crash a lot (at least on my computer), but it is a great way to get started with altering the game files especially if you're not much of a code person. After you launch the editor, load a session, then a map, and then go to Sessions -> Items to start looking at items. They are listed alphabetically by their names in ITEMS.TXT. Also pay attention to the includes at the beginning of ITEMS.TXT:

==medals.txt
==hidden.txt
==spells.txt // include
==spells_adventure.txt // include
==specials.txt // include
==boss.txt // include
==effects.txt // include
==companion.txt // include
==items_quest.txt
==items_monster.txt
==params.txt
==special_params.txt
==new_specials.txt
==new_spells.txt
==arena_spells.txt

Note that MEDALS, HIDDEN, COMPANION, ITEMS_QUEST, and ITEMS_MONSTER all include items that are aggregated in Sessions -> Items when you pull it up in the editor so you can literally page through all the items in the game and double click an item to start editing it (or at least perusing how its capabilities are implemented).

You'll find that MEDALS are just items that are added to your hero when you attain that medal and HIDDEN includes the pet dragon bonuses as well as the adventure spell bonuses so these are both good things to add to your list of items to look at in the editor.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

:D

/C\/C\

TheGsProds
09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Thank so much again and again and again... haha!

I´m going to download this archives but in my KBCW doesn´t appear the Editor, or maybe i don´t know where it is. The editor appears when y launch the game or it should be in a folder??

MattCaspermeyer
09-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank so much again and again and again... haha!

I´m going to download this archives but in my KBCW doesn´t appear the Editor, or maybe i don´t know where it is. The editor appears when y launch the game or it should be in a folder??

Hey, no problem - that's what we're here for...

It should be in the program group where KBCW was installed. I'm using Windows 8 and it is in my 1C Company group in the All Apps sections of the start screen (note that editor PDF manual is also here). I also have Windows 7 and I think it was installed in 1C Company as well under the start menu.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

/C\/C\

TheGsProds
09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I don´t know why but I don´t have the KBCW Editor. I´ll try to reinstall the game, maybe was an error.

Another question totally diferent, I played Red Sands two years ago but I erase all the components and now I would like to play it again. I saw yesterday there was a new Red Sands version, 1.8 version but there are a lot of links to download it and I don´t know which ones are the corrects links.

Could you help me with this? My KBCW version 1.3.1 (I bought Collectors Edition last year)

Thank so much :)