PDA

View Full Version : Co-op style

Hood
07-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi

I want to create a DF mission in the style of a co-op. This means have 12 aircraft on a runway waiting to take off, engines off. I hope this will give people time to jump into the right slot before they start up. Ideally they'd have 0% fuel so that the non-AI did not take off.

What's the best way to achieve this - just set aircraft with a take off waypoint or....?

Thanks

Hood

Sokol1
07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Since your objective is dogfight, why not instead aircraft create "Spawn area"?
So every player create one aircraft, with preferred loadout, fuel, etc.

Easy way: edit one of these mission include with game - in dogfight folder - remove existent AI flights - these that have waypoint's - an leave only "spawn area".

If desire you can limit aircraft type that can spawn in some base, ie only RAF, only fighters, etc. Look in "Spawn area" object properties.

Ad some AAA around base to inhibit "voulchers"... Set ratio of fire above "1" or they only made "fireworks" show. ;)

Sokol1

Hood
07-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Sorry Sokol1 I was not clear.

I mean I want to create a co-op mission within a DF environment, co-ops not working in CloD.

So I will create everything as I would in a co-op, but I also want to create aircraft for pilots to use, say 12 Spitfires sitting on the runway with engines off and they do nothing until a pilot uses it.

Hood

Wtornado
07-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Maybe someday we might be able to made single co-op
missions with precise timelines,planes and conditions
for just one run.

Sokol1
07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
1 - CloD allow COOP? (some players and IA done some pre-set missions) YES

2 - CloD allow COOP like in il-2 1946? (players take slots, hit ready, host
hit start mission...) NO

Suposedly some players lobby to Oleg change the "old" 1946 COOP mode, allowing players take "any plane at ANY moment" (http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/topic/767-thread-gather-your-suggestions/#entry14221) - that now is used as exploit for unfair players online in dogfight servers... So thanks to "UBiZ00 crowd".

Moving on.

Based in this 'limitations", try adjust to what CloD allow.

I did this test with a small dogfight map that I made with spawn areas and AI flights - launching then as Multiplayer Server.

One AI group is a flight of 6 Blenheim - I mark the first as "player plane" and set the group to start "idle".

At beggining of mission this group appear at runway, engines iddle.
And dont take-off - if because player plane on front or iddle I dont know - need investigate.

I left the mission running for 10 minutes, after I "leave" the first plane and take the third in row, planes ahead dont take off, so I take the first again and take off.

The other 5 stay in runway, then I leave first and take the second and take-off, the other 4 stay in runway...

So I think this fit to your premises of planes in runway awaiting players.

Other possibility is set only two waypoints to AI flight, one for take off and the second inside airport radius. AI planes without a "flight plan" land immediately after take-off (see as "aborted" flights :) )...

have 12 aircraft on a runway waiting to take off, engines off.

Here's has a problem, after last (1c/MG) Patchs* to plane spawn with "engines off" you need tick the "parket" option that make they appear in the parking areas - some fields have 60 or more... that are used from hightest (farther) to the lowest number...

* In first versions was possible start with engines OF on runaway... probable remove due complain of people that blow engines seconds after start them...

Perhaps with C# script you overcome this, I dont know...

Sokol1

Wtornado
07-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the answer Soko its what I wanted to know.

Its the first time in 15 years that I really REALLY wasted 50$ on
a PC game expecting a sequel or follow up as you can say
of IL-2 1946.

This sort of reminded me of when Operation Flashpoint came out
with thier mission building scripting and FMB.Tough but it did at
least work.