PDA

View Full Version : How to set a takeoff waypoint?

Hippo123
07-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a very simple mission so that I can practice starts and takeoffs. I open the FMB, load the main map, add a plane as the player aircraft, set a few waypoints with the first being a takeoff waypoint at the aerodrome, I tick spawn parked. However the mission always starts with the aircraft in flight over the runway.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hood
07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
It may be because you have ticked "Spawn parked." Unless you have the takeoff waypoint at 500m and 300km/h.

A better idea is to create an airfield spawn point with all aircraft selectable.

Don't forget to create and save it as a multiplayer map then run it from the multiplayer screen.

Hood

Sokol1
07-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Heres sample:

Over any map airbase put 1st waypoint, set for as Take Off, Altitude 0, Speed 0.
In "Group properties" tab, tick Spawn Parked (if you whant do cold start).
The second waypoint leave in default settings, 500 - 300 I think.

http://i44.tinypic.com/nd8rw8.jpg

But Hipo tip of use dogfight map and set a server is better, since you can take of whit any plane without leave the mission, create group of flights, set weapons...

Sokol1

Hippo123
07-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi,

Thank you so much for your replies.

I just checked again and found that I had the option for mission takeoffs and landings set incorrectly. Boy do I feel like a bit of a f*ckwit.

Not a complete waste of time though, as I shall make use of your excellent suggestions.