PDA

View Full Version : Battle area

Chief WH
06-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi,

Another very novice query;

When creatign a mission, what is the purpose of setting the battle area, are objects restricted to only being within it? Can you fly out of the area in a mission. On initial appearances it appears to just determine what is on the Map?

Thanks for any advice,

Chief WH

Snacko
06-28-2013, 06:02 PM
I think it is just to give the users an idea of where the game area is. In the BoB Map it is so huge that you normally won't be using most of the map. When I start a multiplayer mission that I have set a battle area in, the game's map focuses on that area.

If you keep the sectors to 10000 meters, then each square is 10km, which makes it easier to navigate. But it's up to you.

I don't know if the game imposes any restrictions or penalties based on the battle area..

planespotter
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
I think it is just to give the users an idea of where the game area is. In the BoB Map it is so huge that you normally won't be using most of the map. When I start a multiplayer mission that I have set a battle area in, the game's map focuses on that area.

If you keep the sectors to 10000 meters, then each square is 10km, which makes it easier to navigate. But it's up to you.

I don't know if the game imposes any restrictions or penalties based on the battle area..

The Battle Area is for two reasons:

In briefing screen, the map tab shows default the area defined in the battle area. So the mission designer show the player the area of operations, rather than whole BoB map

Secondly, the in the briefing, mission designer can use sectors defined by the battle area to direct player to the target area eg 'patrol sector C2' or 'destroy tanks at sector F3'

Therefore is important to set the grid size in the battle area appropriate large, or small, to enable this. If you set too large, the player won't get much help, but if you set too small, the player have trouble seeing it on the map (sector fff333 is too tiny).

Chief WH
06-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks.