PDA

View Full Version : big raids

planespotter
06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
i am making missions with 50 RAF vs 50 Luftwaffe, mixed bomers and fighters.

using SW corner of map where not too many towns. basing on reports from raf.mod daily diary.

but it seems the framerate is lower when using luftwaffe bombers than when using just fighters only, is this right?

is there a german bomber type which is more fpa friendly than another? the Do17 seems worse than the He111 but I can"t prove that.

thanks

grawl
06-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello,

What is making you believe that the Do17 is performing worse thant the 111?

Could it be related to the 3D model? Or maybe the AI used to pilot the plane?

bolox
06-13-2013, 05:16 AM
from my experience of building large(ish) missions..

but it seems the framerate is lower when using luftwaffe bombers than when using just fighters only, is this right?

Twin engine planes when present in largeish numbers are a definite framerate hit, this includes 110's. Wellington/Blenheim also cause a problem.

s there a german bomber type which is more fps friendly than another? the Do17 seems worse than the He111 but I can"t prove that.

Personally I find the 111 to be more problematic, the Do17 to be slightly less so Ju88 somewhere in between. 110's seem to be as bad as He111.
I can't prove it's not AI but removing gun stations from bombers in loadout does not seem to make a difference, nor does lowering bomb numbers (8gp/none rather than 30 sc50)
This fps drop for me is worse since beta patches/1.11, almost back to initial release levels (1.05 was better for me).
Problem becomes more apparent when:-
1)player is within ~4km of large twin engine group (LW or RAF player)
2)enemy AC are engaging twin engine group.

I have speculative theories as to what is going on BUT they are purely speculation.
Generally I try to keep twin engine groups to around 20-30 MAX in combat areas

This is on my rig at my settings (tho graphic settings don't seem to be relevant to the relative fps drop, seems CPU related) - your mileage may vary.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/63129-the-battle-of-britain-weather-diary/page-7
may be another source to combine with MOD diary? I generally cross reference at least 3 sources wherever possible.

planespotter
06-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanksyou this s goid info do you know is team fusion is looking at this?