PDA

View Full Version : RoF BS advertising spam posted in CoD forum, masquerading as normal CoD forum user

zapatista
06-11-2013, 07:28 AM
we now have RoF BS advertising spam being posted in the CoD forum, masquerading as normal forum user sharing information

its a sad day for our hobby when you see deliberately misleading methods being used by RoF BS promoters to try and bolster interest, posting in forums like CoD pretending to have normal discussions. and if you dont like their pet hobby horse they'll hassle you while pretending to have special insider information to justify it all :)

Hey dude, Im really just trying to brace you for things that are coming down the pipe, I have somewhat inside knowledge on this whole evolution of events and its really going to take the wind out of your sails, if you dont open your mind a little.

Trust me I love cod for what is was. But its dead now, never to go past the BoB which is why Ill return to it every now and then because I am not a fan of the Eastern front.

But in that last thread, everything I said was true. And they are putting some pretty substantial upgrades into the Digital nature engine to bring it up to snuff for a WWII genre sim.

It seems you have put alot of personal commitment into CloD, which is cool, but that isn't going to change what is coming down the pipe from some people you obviously don't like (for some unknown reason).

But trust when I say No one is getting their hands on CloDs source code.

Oh and I wasn't saying BoS is importing the FM and DM from Clod, they have their own that is magnificent, and is capable of things that the Clod engine could only dream of. That's not a hit on Clod, its just a fact. Just as much as a fact that CloD can look MUCH better than RoF. There is much more under the hood than you are giving it credit for.

Anyway, I hope that your vitriol towards RoF or BoS doesn't carry over into your Real life, as that is some pretty hostile shit you are throwing around. I for one have nothing but respect for you as a fellow sim enthusiast, there aren't that many of us out there you know.

~S~

zapatista
06-11-2013, 08:29 AM
just had a look at the RoF forums for "hoover", he might be just an self aggrandizing and overzealous fan, mindlessly playing up everything glorious about RoF BS and also pretending he has inside information on how great it is/will-be etc

dude talks like he wants to be, pretends to be, and in his attempt to be credible he overplayed his act :)

kristorf
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Each to their own, ignore him/her/it

DB605
06-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Watch out guys, we have sherlock here...pretty sad one it seems.

startrekmike
06-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Man, I see the witch hunt continues eh?

This is just sad.

Bearcat
06-12-2013, 01:11 AM
LoL.. ya know..

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr95/99th_Bearcat/IPitydafoolCoD_zps07727897.jpg

I was just popping in here to see what was going on.. and to see if there was a decent fix for the FFB issues in CoD ... but I see ..... things are kind of the same.

Although I have to admit .... I mean if you want to share then share.. but dayum!! The commentary was kinda tacky there Hoovy...

Wolf_Rider
06-12-2013, 02:58 AM
well... after the experiences of "the fans" here in the past, its not hard to put anything past them (memes included)

startrekmike
06-12-2013, 03:23 AM
It is stuff like this that keeps me away from this forum, such bitterness and anger for no real reason.

ATAG_Dutch
06-12-2013, 04:13 AM
It is stuff like this that keeps me away from this forum, such bitterness and anger for no real reason.

Bitterness? - Yes.

Anger? - Yes.

Reason? - Many and various.

Zapatista's one man crusade against the devil worshippers? - Erm, no. And I like the bloke. Always have. Sorry Zap. :(

raaaid
06-12-2013, 04:52 AM
when i was a kid there were huge arguments about what to have for breakfast

this:

http://www.nestleprofessional.com/mexico/es/PublishingImages/hero_images/NESQUIK.jpg

or this:

http://static.tumblr.com/wmbpayh/DH8mb9vk3/colacao.jpg

kids wouldnt get that one is better with cold milk and the other with hot milk

i mean you dont marry a product

startrekmike
06-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Look, I really do understand where the anger comes from, I mean, it is a crummy deal indeed that CloD was never allowed to really be what it was supposed to be.

That being said, I can understand hating the business, I can understand hating Ubisoft for not providing the proper support and I can understand disliking the complications that came with the release of CloD, what I cannot understand is blaming all of that on anyone who even dares mention just about any other flight sim on this forum (mostly ROF and BoS).

All this hate is meaningless, it will only make this forum harder and harder to visit for both new and older players alike and it just makes the community look bad.

I am not trying to tell any of you that you have to like BoS or whatever, I am just saying that making a entire thread on the basis of accusing a user of being a insidious spy is not only childish but also kinda disturbing.

Don't let the opinions and paranoia of a few disturbed users make this forum even more inhospitable to those who might actually come to CloD while still being fans of other flight sims, heaven forbid someone come to this forum because they heard about the game on the ROF forum, surely that will make them a evil spy also!

It is threads like this that make me afraid to post because I know that there are always a couple of folks waiting in the wings to jump on me and accuse me of being some sort of 777 employee (hell, I wish I was employed at all!)

Long story short, calm down, you are making things worse for the community as a whole by making threads like this.

Osprey
06-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Hooves spends 95% of his life complaining. He was in No.401 but was thrown out for his constant whining and negativity, he could be funny on occasion though, it wasn't all bad.

Of course he can eat his words when the Malta theatre appears, because @Hooves, you may not have noticed but Malta is 1600 miles from Britain. Then I suspect the Desert will appear, it's a long road on which we must be patient.

I feel sorry for the bloke, or at least I feel sorry for his missus (if he even has one)

SlipBall
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
My take on Hooves is that he is an enthusiastic flight simmer, and that he was very supportive of Clod in the early release days. BOS is all we have so I can understand his supportive attitude towards it. He may be critical of it after its release, just like most every one else here dealing with Clod. I haven't been following his complaints but if he fly's blue I could understand :-P

raaaid
06-12-2013, 08:58 AM
the thing that makes me happy is the new blood form war thunder

there was times it seemed i should stop my " trolling" by the vanishing comunity but seems to have a bright future by diversability

Wolf_Rider
06-12-2013, 12:43 PM
when i was a kid there were huge arguments about what to have for breakfast

this:

or this:

kids wouldnt get that one is better with cold milk and the other with hot milk

i mean you dont marry a product

well... some I guess just like to cut the pointy end off their boiled egg in the morning, whilst others prefer to cut the blunty end off

CWMV
06-12-2013, 01:22 PM
I think the only proper response is:
"Lol...wut?"
Seems to be on par with the OP.

KG26_Alpha
06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Yea this is going no where fast.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25163