PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Warthog buttons fail

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-14-2013, 03:28 PM
My Thrustmaster Warthog has suddenly materialised a fault,the buttons on the joystick have stopped working.

If I go into the Windows control panel and go into the 'game controller settings' menu,when I press the trigger all the button lights are showing,so I obviously have a fault,but how I go about fixing this is anyone's guess.

First impressions,it looks like something inside is shorting to do this,but not being electrically minded I don't know.

Anyway I have contacted Thrustmaster support for advice on a solution to fix this,but I have a horrible feeling their customer support ain't that good,we''l see.:rolleyes:

marcastel57
05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Anyway I have contacted Thrustmaster support for advice on a solution to fix this,but I have a horrible feeling their customer support ain't that good,we''l see.:rolleyes:

I had a Thrustmaster Hotas X. After 4 months the joystick began to be jerky on the "Y" axe. I asked the support and I'm still waiting for the answer (It happened 3 weeks ago). In the meanwhile I bought a Saitek X52 and now I am perfectly satisfied (crossing my fingers).

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-14-2013, 05:58 PM
I had a Thrustmaster Hotas X. After 4 months the joystick began to be jerky on the "Y" axe. I asked the support and I'm still waiting for the answer (It happened 3 weeks ago). In the meanwhile I bought a Saitek X52 and now I am perfectly satisfied (crossing my fingers).

Blimey mate,that makes me feel a whole lot better :rolleyes:

Skoshi Tiger
05-15-2013, 05:23 AM
When my Warthog throttle died a few few weeks after buying it I contacted the The Thrustmaster service people and it took about a week to get a answer to my service ticket.

Dispite the wait, I found them helpful and eventually they sent me a flash program to reset the BIOS on the throttle and it fixed my problems.

Hope your solution is just as easy. I'ld hate to have to pay postage to return a Warthog for servicing.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Thanks Skoshi,actually within 24 hours I had a reply and a list of instructions to get it working again one of which included an update to the 'TARGET' software to reinstall,so I take back what I said about them,so far I'm impressed:)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-16-2013, 09:29 PM
All fixed,two wires were adrift in lower joystick housing din plug,once soldered back I was back in business,have to praise Thrustmaster they were superb;)