PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Saturday Update! Visual Effects WIP video - enjoy

Mysticpuma
05-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Footage shows new ground explosion effects with frames-per-second improvements to the standard effects. Also shown are new bullet hit effects completely reworked + Me-109 glycol effect improvement plus other work. Finally a surprise reworking of an element introduced in our first patch.

All work is VERY early stages and currently more tweaks are being performed to keep the visual beauty of the new effects while also saving (or should that be increasing) frames-per-second.

This is really hard and time consuming work just to get to this stage and still we are moving forward with further changes to keep the beauty but also enhance the FPS.

Of particular note is a scene where you will see from cockpit view a bomber fly over a burning oil dump. If you watch the left scene and then the right scene (shown simultaneously) you can visibly see the stutter in the old (current) version compared to the WIP version.

Enjoy the update..it's been a challenge getting what you see ready for inclusion....and we're still not there y

https://vimeo.com/65968983

Cheers, Team Fusion

caprera
05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I bought CloD a minute after the video finished.

kristorf
05-11-2013, 05:23 PM
That slow-mo at 1:50 is awesome, make it sepia and it could be gun cam.

major_setback
05-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for a great update!

Royraiden
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Superb update guys.Thank you again for putting so much effort into this sim.

He111
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
looks fantastic, just don't go overboard with the contrails like ya did with the flash-flash sun reflections. :-P

H

5./JG27Meyer
05-17-2013, 11:35 AM
The effects of the De Wilde ammo strikes look really nice ,however how about dealing with the issue of Spits flying around with cockpit open and hearing 109s approaching, as this is totally unrealistic imho. The amount of times me or my Kameraden have sneaked up behind a Spit approaching from the perfect low 6 position for the said Spit to suddenly wake up and split s away out of it.
This is not funny anymore and is ridiculous. I know its a bug inherent in the game but surely you fine chaps at TF who are doing a fantastic job BTW can hopefully look into this problem and fix it .
My tuppence for what its worth

Thanks

II/JG54_Emil
07-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Looks great!

But I think that the fire optics are a bit to much.