PDA

View Full Version : New Beautiful Sweet FX

Löwe
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Hello guys I just wanted to share my Sweet FX settings, which do make a difference at first sight, but it is still nothing exagerated, so it makes it look very realistic in my opinion. PLEASE, IF YOU ALREADY USE SWEET FX, BACKUP YOUR CONFIG JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THIS.
Just unzip and copy all content from "SweetFX by Lowe" folder to your game installation folder. That's it. If you want, please reply with your opinion :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?9701d370wpgomwu

JG1_Wanderfalke
03-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Screenshots Please :grin:

Smilinjack
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Lowe,
SweetFX is causing Launcher crashes on my rig. This began after I applied the Windows updates in early March. Those updates included KB2670838 and IE 10, both of which I have uninstalled but the Launcher crashes remain.
I'm running Win 7 x64 (now without SweetFX).
I'm trying to isoloate the problem.
Are you running Windows and have you had any Launcher crashes with SweetFX active?
Thanks.

II/JG53_Volker
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
@SmilinJack,

Have you tried doing the repair .Net and DirectX install fix ?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32982&page=2

the post from JTDawg.

I had to do this after uninstalling that microsoft update as well.

hope it helps

~S~
Volker

Smilinjack
03-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Yes, I tried repairing DX and .Net to no avail. I finally removed SweetFX and the crashes went away.
I then reinstalled IE 10 via MS Update and ran without Launcher crashes.
SweetFX is definitely the cause of the crashes, at least on my machine, after applying the MS updates in early March. I assume it's got something to do with DX after the update as DX11 was updated in association with IE 10.
Result.. SweetFX will run if the March updates are not applied and will cause Launcher crashes if run after the updates.

BTW, thanks for the reply.

DoolittleRaider
03-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello guys I just wanted to share my Sweet FX settings, which do make a difference at first sight, but it is still nothing exagerated, so it makes it look very realistic in my opinion. PLEASE, IF YOU ALREADY USE SWEET FX, BACKUP YOUR CONFIG JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THIS.
Just unzip and copy all content from "SweetFX by Lowe" folder to your game installation folder. That's it. If you want, please reply with your opinion :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?9701d370wpgomwu

I have been using "Flight FX" GUI/application to swap various SweetFX 'Presets'. I've not thought about it much for a long time, but looking again just now it seems that really all I would need to do is place your single "SweetFX_settings.txt" file into the same folder (FX/SweetFX/Presets) as my other 16 (Yikes, that's a lot!) *.txt settings files....then enable that file in my Flight FX application.

I'm pretty certain that is all I have to do...but, it's been quite some time since i dabbled with "Flight FX"...Are you (or others in this thread) familiar with the "Flight FX" GUI/utility/application? If so, am I correct in my understanding?

danjama
04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I have been using "Flight FX" GUI/application to swap various SweetFX 'Presets'. I've not thought about it much for a long time, but looking again just now it seems that really all I would need to do is place your single "SweetFX_settings.txt" file into the same folder (FX/SweetFX/Presets) as my other 16 (Yikes, that's a lot!) *.txt settings files....then enable that file in my Flight FX application.

I'm pretty certain that is all I have to do...but, it's been quite some time since i dabbled with "Flight FX"...Are you (or others in this thread) familiar with the "Flight FX" GUI/utility/application? If so, am I correct in my understanding?

Correct