PDA

View Full Version : FMB Problem: AI no longer fighting

Racetrack
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm making some custom mission with the FMB but i have an huge problem.
Everything work fine! Triggers too. But in the middle of any battle the AI fighter stops the dogfight and start to go around in close formation, they don't give that they are under attack, they just go around in formation. Why?
How can i let they fight unitl the last enemy is down?
Cause is very annoying this... At first i was like... BUT THEN..
AHAHA

bolox
03-05-2013, 02:20 PM
CoD's AI works differently to IL2 and they will not fight 'to the last man down'

You can increase their desire to 'stick around' by altering the skill levels, bravery and discipline are the most important here- push them up to high levels.
Tactical position seems to help- there seems to be some relation between the amount of time directly threatened by enemy EA and when they decide to 'bug out'
Fuel level also seems to have an effect, if plane is low on fuel it will be more likely to exit battle and head for home.

One of CoD AI's worst features is the way once the sim has decided a plane has 'had enough' it switches into a mode I call RTB dummies. They will simply fly towards home/last waypoint (which they will circle)

One 'trick' you can use in mission building is to put a waypoint after combat that is low level/high speed, and directed away from combat.
If done right the planes will attack/be attacked and after a time will 'breakaway' in a dive to the next waypoint.

hope this helps some

planespotter
03-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes if ai is out of guns or fuel it goes into dumb mode so just set a waypoint after combat that takes them out of the fight and makes look like they are running away. problem with this though is in ground attack missions they will only make one or maybe two pass and then leave combat area, so you need to set a fighter attack waypoint also.

Racetrack
03-07-2013, 12:44 PM
CoD's AI works differently to IL2 and they will not fight 'to the last man down'

You can increase their desire to 'stick around' by altering the skill levels, bravery and discipline are the most important here- push them up to high levels.
Tactical position seems to help- there seems to be some relation between the amount of time directly threatened by enemy EA and when they decide to 'bug out'
Fuel level also seems to have an effect, if plane is low on fuel it will be more likely to exit battle and head for home.

One of CoD AI's worst features is the way once the sim has decided a plane has 'had enough' it switches into a mode I call RTB dummies. They will simply fly towards home/last waypoint (which they will circle)

One 'trick' you can use in mission building is to put a waypoint after combat that is low level/high speed, and directed away from combat.
If done right the planes will attack/be attacked and after a time will 'breakaway' in a dive to the next waypoint.

hope this helps some

Thank u mate. So, if i have understand, i have to make a new waypont ( next to the "engage EF waypoint") far from the combat area with a low altitude and an high speed. AM I RIGHT?

bolox
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I would describe it as@- add a 'normal' waypoint after the 'engage' waypoint, which doesn't need/want to be too far away but so that course is 90deg away from the enemy's course, -at high speed/ low level.

You are on the right lines, but some experimentation may be needed with the exact positioning.
Try watching how AI engages/ disengage from external view(s);)

have fun