PDA

View Full Version : He-115B-2 skin (Non-Historical)

Panzermeyer33
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi guys!

Just wanted to advise you that I just posted a skin of a He-115B-2 in the white, early war scheme of the Seenotstaffeln, over at airwarefare.com

I made it to represent a He-59 from Seenotstaffel that was forced down by 54.sqn Spitfires on 9.July 1940.
An honour to the men that was dedicated to saving friend and foe from the freezing waters.

Its my first skin, so take a look and please give me some constructive feedback. - I know there are many experts here:)

Tx
Panzer

major_setback
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi there. I think you are the first to do a He 115 skin, at least at Airwarfare. Well done!
I like the skin, everything is right about it and the markings are in the right place. You got a good shade of red too, which is difficult to do in this game...the game renders colours in a strange way.
I have a couple of points...as you asked for tips. The game makes whites look extremely bright. It might tone the brightness down a bit if the skin wasn't such a brilliant white. Maybe an 'off-white' would work better. And you can actually lower the brighness quite a lot without it looking grey, especially if there is a little yellow or cream in the white.
The reds are just a bit saturated for my liking, but otherwise it's a great skin.

Again, well done!

Cheers.
major-setback

Panzermeyer33
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Tackär så mycket:grin: - Thank you very much for the feedback.

I really appreciate your point of view and taking the time to post it.
The only way I can improve is to listen to it.

I did struggle quite a bit with the white and where to put the layers and so on.. I think I will go back and edit the white the way you suggest, adding more yellow to it.
Too saturated reds : I dont understand this, but you would like the red colours a bit darker?

Thank you very much

Cheers
Panzer

major_setback
02-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Not darker. Less saturated.

Go to the section where you do adjustments for light and colour etc., it will be called 'adjusments' or 'edit image' or something like that.
Then go to 'adjust colour' (or it will be called something similar) - then to 'hue and saturation' and reduce the saturation (amount of colour).

Also if you want to change the white it's easier to do it with the colour picker (the pipette symbol, which is used with the squares of colour bottom left of your tools), you get a better overview of what you're doing.

http://pe-images.s3.amazonaws.com/type/effects/gel/photoshop-color-picker.jpg

Pick a colour and then fill a layer with it using the 'paint bucket' tool.

Panzermeyer33
02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
OK, I understand it now. Thanks! I will definately play around with that a bit and see if I can change it to the better.