PDA

View Full Version : Need help with lights

Löwe
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Hello, is there any way of modifying .ini files or whatever through kegetys method to make the airdrome lights turn on earlier? Because if you want to see them, you'll have to play at 10 pm I think, and you can't see anything, so it's not enjoyable. (yes, I tried playing at 4 am but they won't turn on) I want to make them turn on at 18:30. Is there any way to achieve that?
Here is a pic: (You can't see a damn thing right?)

Sokol1
02-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Lowe,

I play with lights/searchlights* and by trial & error I find that in the world of "Dr. WHOleg" :) the night last around ~20:11 to 3:49.

The airport lights are turned on at ~20:11.
In console "tod" (time of day) command report 20:19xxxxxx (%?). 20:10 still twilight.
And the lights are turned off at ~3:49 (3:8231xxxxxx) - start of sunrise.

You have some night visibility for around 30 minutes after start and before end of "night".

20:30 to 3:00 is real dark. What would be perfect Lorenz blind landings (http://tinyurl.com/a72kakm) - if this work correctly. Work only partially, outer and inner marks are reported, but the instrument (AFN-1/2) is not able to center on signal and no audible Morse code.

Curiously, if you set 20:10 in FMB is registered 20:09 - so put 1 minute ahead to desired time to get "precise" time.

I try change the height for airport lights, but edit .mis file adding "/hstart XX" dont work.

*The searchlights guys start work at ~20:11 but now (final patch) searchlights use "Infrared" light... :(

Sokol1