PDA

View Full Version : Hun in the Sun Campaign problems

jamesdietz
02-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Does anyone else have this campaign up & operating? It comes in 3 parts & is a relatively simple install, but although it shows up in my game menu under Campaigns it refuses to start...I think I must be missing something..any ideas?

huninthesun
02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
I can replicate that problem (campaign is listed in the Campaigns menu but nothing happens when you click on it) if the RAFCampaign.dll file is missing. There are two DLLs that should be in the steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\huninthesun folder - RafCampaign.dll and RafCampaignMission.dll. They can be found in the "campaign-parts" section of the installation file.
You may have just copied the folders from "campaign-parts" and missed out the dlls?

jamesdietz
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I can replicate that problem (campaign is listed in the Campaigns menu but nothing happens when you click on it) if the RAFCampaign.dll file is missing. There are two DLLs that should be in the steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\huninthesun folder - RafCampaign.dll and RafCampaignMission.dll. They can be found in the "campaign-parts" section of the installation file.
You may have just copied the folders from "campaign-parts" and missed out the dlls?
Just checked they are both there...could it be that I just got a "bad" download? I can't imagine that happening , but then again I'm no PC whiz kid...

huninthesun
03-10-2013, 04:08 AM
There's no harm in trying to install again. You said you can see the entry for the campaigns in your Single Player menu - what does happen when you click on the menu? Does it change to another screen or is there no response at all?
Check the files and folders under the Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\huninthesun folder against the those in the installation file. If you have the DLLs and the mission\campaign\campaigns.ini file then selecting the campaign from the menu should take you to another screen that allows you to choose either the Hurri or Spitfire campaign.