PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Spitfire IIa vs. 2 BF109s ATAG Server (1080p)[ClOD Movie]

katdogfizzow
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
I find and attack 2 109s in the ATAG Server' s English skies after an attack on Eastchurch

Added my commentary for fun. Sort of like Freycinet minus the talent and wit

720p/1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTbEo0Z96M&feature=share&list=UUl-x8763odbNzKmuouzHAWw

Hope you enjoy! ATAG rocks!

ukBullTerrier
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
love the music and great editing, good show oldboy!

DoolittleRaider
02-13-2013, 05:33 PM
@Katdogfizz: A very nice video, or movie...more than just straight raw "Gameplay".

SPOILER Alert. Forum readers should watch the video before reading any of my comments, below.

--------------------

Good cinematography and editing in your use of various external cameras and shots. Good choice of music.

Good that you seem to have had the mouse-over disabled most of the time so that the text did not pop up when you looked at your instrument panel (except for a flash at 00:59 and again at 5:35 with the altimeter text).

Good also that you had all your text information windows closed for all of the 'movie'. At 3:08-3:12 you did show the 109 Icons/Text which immediately brings the viewer back into "Gameplay" mode, detracts somewhat from the immersion in the 'story'. I'm sure that you did that on purpose as part of the gameplay approach, showing that your distant target ID guess had been correct.

From 3:44-3:55 you use the internal cockpit view looking toward your 6 O'clock. That's a good gameplay option, but since it is an unnatural/impossible view in real life (looking directly back through one's headrest so to say) it again somewhat impacts immersion in your story. A view looking up at your mirror to see the 109 behind you would be more immersive.

-------------------
SPOILER again
As for the aerial engagement itself, when the 109 on the right of the Rotte broke right and you followed, and the wingman could clearly be seen banking over at 3:32-3:36, I immediately thought..."Uh Oh! This guy [Katdog...] is gonna be in big trouble! Sandwiched for sure!" Sure'nuff! That's what happened.

That classic Rotte maneuver and the resulting "sandwich" is described here:
Luftwaffe Tactics (http://www.1jg51.net/jg51/LwTactics.html) Your video would be a useful training aid.

---------------
I'd encourage you to make more ClOD movies such as this one. I've seen your IL-2 (1946) movies and you have what it takes. Remember...(my opinion)... "It's all about the story!" (http://www.flightsimmachinima.com/#its-all-about-the-story)

katdogfizzow
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
@Katdogfizz: A very nice video, or movie...more than just straight raw "Gameplay".

SPOILER Alert. Forum readers should watch the video before reading any of my comments, below.

--------------------

Good cinematography and editing in your use of various external cameras and shots. Good choice of music.

Good that you seem to have had the mouse-over disabled most of the time so that the text did not pop up when you looked at your instrument panel (except for a flash at 00:59 and again at 5:35 with the altimeter text).

Good also that you had all your text information windows closed for all of the 'movie'. At 3:08-3:12 you did show the 109 Icons/Text which immediately brings the viewer back into "Gameplay" mode, detracts somewhat from the immersion in the 'story'. I'm sure that you did that on purpose as part of the gameplay approach, showing that your distant target ID guess had been correct.

From 3:44-3:55 you use the internal cockpit view looking toward your 6 O'clock. That's a good gameplay option, but since it is an unnatural/impossible view in real life (looking directly back through one's headrest so to say) it again somewhat impacts immersion in your story. A view looking up at your mirror to see the 109 behind you would be more immersive.

-------------------
SPOILER again
As for the aerial engagement itself, when the 109 on the right of the Rotte broke right and you followed, and the wingman could clearly be seen banking over at 3:32-3:36, I immediately thought..."Uh Oh! This guy [Katdog...] is gonna be in big trouble! Sandwiched for sure!" Sure'nuff! That's what happened.

That classic Rotte maneuver and the resulting "sandwich" is described here:
Luftwaffe Tactics (http://www.1jg51.net/jg51/LwTactics.html) Your video would be a useful training aid.

---------------
I'd encourage you to make more ClOD movies such as this one. I've seen your IL-2 (1946) movies and you have what it takes. Remember...(my opinion)... "It's all about the story!" (http://www.flightsimmachinima.com/#its-all-about-the-story)

Yes, Its just jazzed up gameplay set to music with commentary. i.e "I mix it up with II./JG53 Wolf and Otto in 2 109s ! Added my commentary for fun. "

I can see why you could mistake it for masquerading/wanting to be some cool story! ha

Yes, I went back to specifically add in the names of the players and placed that clip in to show who it was. (not viewable online)
Also fyi...that rearview shot you mention was specifically just a view to show the closeness and tracers. I wasnt looking back during gameplay..I was attempting to aim and shoot! Maybe misleading...

This all happened pretty quickly and when i went back and recorded I distorted some views so you could see that wingman rolling etc (i couldnt when eyes on target...but I was expecting it!)

thanks for the tactical aid I'll check it out.

love the music and great editing, good show oldboy!

Thanks Breh!

TomcatViP
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Cool stuff.... Yeah for sure you was bracketed (sandwiched).

Boom&zooming a pair being alone is all abt going in straight lines (just like ironing with long and straight pass on your adversary) and adapting to the situation.

With two in your visor you hve to adopt an angle for your pass tht allow you to switch from one target to the other at the last moment without bleeding too much E. This is done by angling out your enmy that they appears both aligned in your visor (as much as possible). So basically, you are not attacking one aircraft in particulary but the pair as a lot and can choose which one is your victim depending on how they react. Once they start manoeuvring hard (right break here), don't try to keep them in front of you. Extend smoothly and regain alt for another pass.

Usually I keep my foot one one rudder pedal guessing on which side they will break (flying slightly sideways) to be ready to quick it for a last seconds snapshot (with opposite 'ron).

By the way I like those honest Spit vid where the plane keep a nose authority that won't make shy a Sidewinder (there is another one posted somewhere here tht hve to be seen to be believed)

Löwe
02-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Did you use my video to choose the music? Just asking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcIC4z3zQgU

katdogfizzow
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Cool stuff.... Yeah for sure you was bracketed (sandwiched).

Boom&zooming a pair being alone is all abt going in straight lines (just like ironing with long and straight pass on your adversary) and adapting to the situation.

With two in your visor you hve to adopt an angle for your pass tht allow you to switch from one target to the other at the last moment without bleeding too much E. This is done by angling out your enmy that they appears both aligned in your visor (as much as possible). So basically, you are not attacking one aircraft in particulary but the pair as a lot and can choose which one is your victim depending on how they react. Once they start manoeuvring hard (right break here), don't try to keep them in front of you. Extend smoothly and regain alt for another pass.

Usually I keep my foot one one rudder pedal guessing on which side they will break (flying slightly sideways) to be ready to quick it for a last seconds snapshot (with opposite 'ron).

By the way I like those honest Spit vid where the plane keep a nose authority that won't make shy a Sidewinder (there is another one posted somewhere here tht hve to be seen to be believed)

Yeah no doubt, it hindsight and with slpit second decision making perhaps I couldve banked left and sprayed the left! what vid are you talking about? It sounds like you're saying I shouldve feathered back on the sammie

Did you use my video to choose the music? Just asking

No, random google 40s music (same exact link tho ha)...nice landing...looks like mine

JG53_Valantine
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure Wolf posts here and I know Otto only comes here infrequently now I'll pop up a bit of feedback from them.

During that sortie one of our new chaps was flying and was attempting to locate and join their formation, as such when they saw you approaching their initial thoughts were that he had finally caught up before Wolf saw the rounded wings and tell-tail spitfire profile: called out on Teamspeak and began to bank round.

Knowing both of these pilots quite well I have to say you done a good job at keeping them at bay for as long as you did!

As for the video: It's a nice online sortie clip with some written commentary and does well in that role - Obviously it's no "faith hope and charity" or "I flew for the Fuhrer" BUT as a sortie clip it's pretty good
V

katdogfizzow
02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure Wolf posts here and I know Otto only comes here infrequently now I'll pop up a bit of feedback from them.

During that sortie one of our new chaps was flying and was attempting to locate and join their formation, as such when they saw you approaching their initial thoughts were that he had finally caught up before Wolf saw the rounded wings and tell-tail spitfire profile: called out on Teamspeak and began to bank round.

Knowing both of these pilots quite well I have to say you done a good job at keeping them at bay for as long as you did!

As for the video: It's a nice online sortie clip with some written commentary and does well in that role - Obviously it's no "faith hope and charity" or "I flew for the Fuhrer" BUT as a sortie clip it's pretty good
V

Yes..When i was reviewing the footage I did see that chap danger close to me climbing to reach them! (although I never saw him in game..nor him me apparently)