PDA

View Full Version : ATAG After Action Reports Episode 1 [gameplay vid]

Newbiefodder
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIKMi9B95Y

Uploaded in 1080p. It is a big file but worth the wait for the quality!

For a while I have been thinking about trying to start a web series based on the flying we do online in this simulator. Thankfully the external view enabler utility has allowed me to get the external views that are needed for this to really take place. This whole video was based on a single sortie flown and shows all of the main points of action that took place during it. If people like the style of this video I will keep doing more, possibly not even all from my own flights but from other peoples as well if they have saved tracks.

The reason I have wanted to do a series like this is not only for the enjoyment of people in the sim community but also for friends or people who want to see what it is about simming that has us hooked. This could be a way for us to share our stories with friends in a way that's more effective then waving our hands around while talking about planes that they can't even visualize. Either way these will take a lot of time and energy to make so I want to see how well it is received before starting more. Let me know what you think!

I am still quite new to movie making and this is the most ambitious project I have taken on so far. Any comments or criticism are welcome, but please try to keep it constructive. One thing I do know that I need to change is removing the in sim radar operator voice. I didn't even think about it until it was way too late in the project, but next video will have that off. I've also never really tried narrating anything like this before but next one I will try to slow down how fast I am talking (or just try find someone quite good at narrating). Most of the camera shots I was able to do with the steady in game camera in the track editor, however there were a few scenes where it didn't work. If things got too close to the deck or planes passed vertically over each other the camera could instantly snap around 180 degrees and it was just disorienting. Unfortunately for those I had to use mouse control for the camera so it wasn't quite as smooth.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the show. It was sure fun to fly and I'm glad that we have a track editor that allows it to be shown to others in exactly the way it happened!

katdogfizzow
02-08-2013, 03:03 PM
great work...very enjoyable. awesome effort.

pumped up to get into some action.

MOAR!