PDA

View Full Version : BR.20 engines

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Fiat BR.20 is a nice machine to fly, apart from the missing of the autopilot. It can land in a tennis field. But when I reduce throttle and begin to lose height for landing, the engines always start to "cough" and lose power. I tried to reduce mixture and to open/close carburettors, but it only gets worse. The only thing to do is to give full throttle and hurry to the airfield. In fact, BR.20 was sadly famous for the unreliability of its engines, but I hope CloD designers weren't that realistic!

Stirwenn
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
reducing throttle = reducing temp => close a bit radiators... same clue on G50.

VO101_Tom
01-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi. The engine too cold. You should close the radiator during the landing, and push some throttle to keep the engine warm. There is a thermometer of cylinders, but is shows 0, because you must select one cylinder (there is a switch*, left and right 0-7 number. No matter the number, just pick one). You have to keep the temperature between 200 and 300 celsius!

The oil temp should keep around 60 celsius.

(This is true with the G.50 too).

*I looking for some BR.20 video on the net, but every self-appointed teachers forget this switch... :rolleyes:

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I really didn't think to that....I use to fly the Ju88, where engines seize up if you only THINK to close a bit radiators :grin:
Thanks to both