PDA

View Full Version : How to choose runways?

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I created a mission taking off from Coquelles. I wanted the aircrafts to use the longer runway, as in the pic:
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7389/launcher201301150048164.jpg

but when I play, they are positioned on the shorter one:
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6421/launcher201301150049135.jpg

How is it possible to choose the correct runway?

And what's the meaning of the many numbered dots in every airfield, as seen in the first pic?

bolox
01-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Change the wind direction, planes try to takeoff into wind.

The numbers are where AC will park

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Change the wind direction, planes try to takeoff into wind.

The numbers are where AC will park

Thanks, I didn't know that it was possible to manage the wind direction. Where can I do that in FMB? And does the direction stay constant or does it change? How can I see it when in flight? This can explain some of my landings quite...adventurous

bolox
01-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks. Where can I manage the wind direction in FMB?

View>mission parameters >flow

Then alter the figures in boxes to suit. (and you can add different winds at different heights by adding more flows if you wish,)

Wind angle is not intuitive:-P
0 degrees comes from west and the direction is counterclockwise, so 90 deg would have wind coming from South (planes takeoff towards south)

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
View>mission parameters >flow

Then alter the figures in boxes to suit. (and you can add different winds at different heights by adding more flows if you wish,)

Wind angle is not intuitive:-P
0 degrees comes from west and the direction is counterclockwise, so 90 deg would have wind coming from South (planes takeoff towards south)

It's a precious information, thanks again!

lorenzoj
01-21-2013, 02:10 PM
"Wind angle is not intuitive
0 degrees comes from west and the direction is counterclockwise, so 90 deg would have wind coming from South (planes takeoff towards south)"

That kind of start angle and rotation direction are familiar to user of some CAD systems. But is not at all intuitive when you are thinking of compass direction. This is another example of the lack of concern for the end user the creators show by not including any decent technical docs. It is sad when some of the more able users are the only source of good docs and tutorials for the rest of us.

A big thanks goes out to those guys.