PDA

View Full Version : No. of missions in stock RAF campaign?

IonicRipper
01-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know how much missions there are in the original RAF campaign?
I would really like to finish it before i move on to user-made campaigns or even the LW campaign (i like to finish what i started) but to be honest this campaign is starting to get annoying.

IonicRipper
01-04-2013, 01:52 AM
Nevermind that, i accidentally pressed New instead of Continue and lost my progress.
I guess there's no way of getting my save back?

bolox
01-04-2013, 05:22 AM
There is a way of 'skipping' forwards/backwards in a campaign.

If you go to your Documents folder and then navigate to

//Documents/Il-2 sturmovic cliffs of Dover/mission/campaign/"your campaign"
(note mission, not missions)
There should be a state file. open this with notepad.
It should have 2 lines of text
[Main]
battleindex ??
where ?? is a number
If you change this to -the number of the mission you want to play minus1,
Ie for mission 3 number is 2, for mission 10 number is 9.
Save (not save as), go play campaign.

Any scoring system(present in some user made campaigns) that keeps track of kills etc will have been reset if you started the campaign. There is no way to reset this back to your previous score.

That help?

IonicRipper
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks, Bolox. That does help a lot. I was planning to blitz through the campaign to get back to where i was. Guess i won't have to do that after all.

Do you know, by any chance, how much missions there are in the RAF campaign?

bolox
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I think there are 18 in total- but there is a 'branch' in the campaign towards the end so you may not get to fly all missions;)

I would suggest you might want to look at the redone version of the RAF campaign
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/4-offline-campaigns/481-redux-modded-raf-campaign

I know you said you like to finish what you started, but it does fix some of the 'irritations' with the original. If nothing else I would recommend it as a first user made campaign

IonicRipper
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Will definitely look into it, thanks.