PDA

View Full Version : War Thunder.... After some time.

Richie
12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Well....

After some time going at this game..the demo all I can say is it's a pain in the arss. It's beautiful the flight models aren't terrible but guess what..all I've been able to fly is German biplanes. I think they give you more if you fly for hours on end and score many kills but I can't do that! Or you can buy more aeroplanes. I think I'm so use to IL-2 that anything else that is different seems garbage or totally confusing to my pea sized brain. That's probably the main problem. The only other sim that comes close to IL-2 in my opinion is Rise Of Flight witch is good for all of us. The only thing is I'm not a WWI guy.

JG52Krupi
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
For me there was no feeling of flight, the cockpits are so bad there is zero immersion.

BTW: You can fly other aircraft, look on the research tree and you can test fly some aircraft.

SlipBall
12-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Why not fly Clod now Rich? Not very much wrong with it, and ROF is two years away. Anything else coming in near future is crap, in comparison to Clod right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYoWZ9B0eXg&feature=youtube_gdata

Lexicon
12-25-2012, 03:14 PM
For me there was no feeling of flight, the cockpits are so bad there is zero immersion.

BTW: You can fly other aircraft, look on the research tree and you can test fly some aircraft.

Merry Xmas Krupi.

Some pits are bad indeed...But some are quite good.(p-39, 109 and few others). What I have to say though, is that CLOD's pits do look good, but when you talk about "immersion" ? In CLOD, Prop f/x are bad, tracers are bad, clouds are bad, plane in a distance are bad, the always blue sky is bad... And an invisible pilot ?!! Im WT, although the pits are less detailed, the glass reflexions are great, sun glare is realistic, "scratches" in plexi are awsome, tracers are good, clouds are good and weather is very good...And terrain ? And trees ? And buildings? WT all the way...
I agree that in terms of a "sim" (FM, DM and technical specs) CLOD may meet the standards, but immersion, I give WT the blue ribbon.
The ideal sim would be a merge of those two !

Salute !

Lexicon
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Why not fly Clod now Rich? Not very much wrong with it, and ROF is two years away. Anything else coming in near future is crap, in comparison to Clod right now.

CLOD has beautiful pits, good but unfinished FM, good DM and physics.
But as mentioned in my other post, many important aspects of CLOD are ...I will not use your word, but, lets say, less than stellar. At release, before endless patches and updates, CLOD was labled as a "failure" by almost all critics and simmers...Hardly playable for most users...That is only few months ago....
So a lot of things can happen in "the near future"...

Salute !

Dark_P
12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
How is the CEM in WT?

JG52Krupi
12-25-2012, 07:17 PM
How is the CEM in WT?

utter garbage

JG52Krupi
12-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Merry Xmas Krupi.

Some pits are bad indeed...But some are quite good.(p-39, 109 and few others). What I have to say though, is that CLOD's pits do look good, but when you talk about "immersion" ? In CLOD, Prop f/x are bad, tracers are bad, clouds are bad, plane in a distance are bad, the always blue sky is bad... And an invisible pilot ?!! Im WT, although the pits are less detailed, the glass reflexions are great, sun glare is realistic, "scratches" in plexi are awsome, tracers are good, clouds are good and weather is very good...And terrain ? And trees ? And buildings? WT all the way...
I agree that in terms of a "sim" (FM, DM and technical specs) CLOD may meet the standards, but immersion, I give WT the blue ribbon.
The ideal sim would be a merge of those two !

Salute !

Merry Xmas...

I tried a few aircraft and found them all terrible.

COD is superiour in terms of basically everything to that game as COD is a SIM not a game. Somethings are nice in WT props are better but nothing else... Reflections are waayy way over the top, ROFs are much better same with the clouds. Tracers were vastly improved in COD and are better than WT. The terrain while nice is not great tbh it just does not look correct in the maps i flew in and the lack of shadows didnt help.

In a flight sim I spend the majority of my time looking for EA's or looking at my cockpit and even with all the bugs in COD taken into account I would say WT still cannot hold a candle to it but then again its not meant too it a game not a sim.

Dark_P
12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Dowloaded it and tested it, and all i can say this game is all utter garbage!

Sure i know it is in the line of World of Tanks, so i knew that the game was a MMO but i thought it to be somewhat balanced, but wth?!... dog fighting a MIG 17 in a HE 51 is not fun!

This was not a game for me :P

Richie
12-26-2012, 12:22 AM

I think COD is great but I just got tired with the same thing day in day out on ATAG So I went back to IL-2. Battle For Stalingrad is due the first quarter of 2014 so I figure I'll be in IL-2 mostly before it comes out.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?

Dark_P
12-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Ok now i must eat my own hat...

I took some time with WT and when i finally got a grip of the controls and staying far away from the Arcade battle i am having fun with this, i just love being back to the ostfront again, i can play this until BOS comes for sure, i hate the RPG elements like hell but other than that this is good.
The CEM seems to work but you have to enable it with a key command, you have to choose the key in the controls menu, did you do that Krupi?

planespotter
12-28-2012, 09:03 AM
I have also plaid and give up. online is a joke, small maps, too many aircrafts all zooming around at sea level except jets that do b&z and no one can catch them. you have no idea who is friednly and who is enemy, everyone shoot at everyone even in the historical.

campaigns is a joke - aircraft carriers in battle of britain. destroy ten bombers in five minutes or fail mission. stupid game unless you think xbox is the best.

SlipBall
12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
I have also plaid and give up. online is a joke, small maps, too many aircrafts all zooming around at sea level except jets that do b&z and no one can catch them. you have no idea who is friednly and who is enemy, everyone shoot at everyone even in the historical.

campaigns is a joke - aircraft carriers in battle of britain. destroy ten bombers in five minutes or fail mission. stupid game unless you think xbox is the best.

I hope you didn't spend any money on it

Dark_P
12-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Remember that the game is still in beta... just saying

Lexicon
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Just to be fair, I 've plyed CLOD and WT back to back...
But to be absolulty fair, WT has to be played in mission builder, where you can decide wich mission, how many planes vs planes, the kind of planes for Allied and Axis, and the year of the conflict. And Full realism.

WT wins hands down for its "immersion" value . Terrain, lighting, clouds, weather, FSAA that let you see planes in a distance, plexiglass reflexions, scratches and shadows, and "blackout f/x" are much better in WT.
And the FPS is perfect, with no stuttering...At full and max settings with a bunch of planes and explosions...Oh, and you crash if you hit a tree...And oh,
the trees that you hit will fall down and burn....That is immersion...

CLOD's cockpits are indeed better, but "blackout f/x" are a spoiler for being that bad...Planes in a distance are also quite bad. Can't comment on FM, cause nobody seems to agree on that subject. Clouds are poping in and still look bad. Tracers are better than WT. DM ? Seems ok for both games.

That 's it...But WT is still in BETA, and still have many months in development...

Salute !

JG52Krupi
12-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Just to be fair, I 've plyed CLOD and WT back to back...
But to be absolulty fair, WT has to be played in mission builder, where you can decide wich mission, how many planes vs planes, the kind of planes for Allied and Axis, and the year of the conflict. And Full realism.

WT wins hands down for its "immersion" value . Terrain, lighting, clouds, weather, FSAA that let you see planes in a distance, plexiglass reflexions, scratches and shadows, and "blackout f/x" are much better in WT.
And the FPS is perfect, with no stuttering...At full and max settings with a bunch of planes and explosions...Oh, and you crash if you hit a tree...And oh,
the trees that you hit will fall down and burn....That is immersion...

CLOD's cockpits are indeed better, but "blackout f/x" are a spoiler for being that bad...Planes in a distance are also quite bad. Can't comment on FM, cause nobody seems to agree on that subject. Clouds are poping in and still look bad. Tracers are better than WT. DM ? Seems ok for both games.

That 's it...But WT is still in BETA, and still have many months in development...

Salute !

Really have to disagree it just doesn't look right at all, it might look good but it certainly does not look realistic.

And the DMs in WT feel like I might as well have a health bar, unlike ROF and COD that use a detailed DM.

Really shoddy affair, other than graphics I would rather stick with il2:1946!!!

Lexicon
12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Really have to disagree it just doesn't look right at all, it might look good but it certainly does not look realistic.

And the DMs in WT feel like I might as well have a health bar, unlike ROF and COD that use a detailed DM.

Really shoddy affair, other than graphics I would rather stick with il2:1946!!!

Hello Krupi,

What do you mean by "not realistic " ?

These are few exemples of real in cockpit flights...
So...Do they look more like CLOD or WT ?

And speaking of realistic:

Do far away planes in CLOD look realistic ? no
Do clouds in CLOD look realistic ? no
Do blackouts in CLOD look realistic ? no
And plexi reflexions ? Do terrain in CLOD look realistic ? And Buildings ? And what about the trees in CLOD?

Most of us have never flown in any of these planes in any of these locations, but at least, if it "feels" close to reality, and also looks good, we have an obvious winner in terms of "immersion" here....
I don't mean that WT is a better sim, I mean the best at making us feel we are there for real....

And if we are lucky, those DM and FM could be improved in the next few months ;)

Salute !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvBW2DXONY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hgboNY1KhA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiAIyX0l42M

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBRPILoefik

Mysticpuma
12-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Lex, don't bother, it's an argument that you can never make some people understand.

WT has by far superior graphics detail, especially in the weather and terrain (no popcorn buildings!) and the plexi as you mention is beautiful.

It seems though that no matter what you say, some people just will not dare to concede that someone else has an opinion obtuse to theirs?

Now, I DO agree with Krupi that the DM and FM in WT is nowhere near the level of CloD. The actual feeling that you get when destroying an enemy in CloD is one that makes you think it really was your skill that brought a victory, not pure blind luck.

Similarly I have no idea why WT decides to kick you out of your aircraft when it thinks your aircraft is too badly damaged. In 1946, I loved having a severly damaged aircraft and nursing it back home. That was immersion. A feeling of achievement against the odds. No such luck in WT. Belly into the ground and you'll usually explode (after being forced to watch from an external camera), get shot and damaged (but you don't think it's too bad) get forced to watch from an external camera as your aircraft barrels in.

WT in DM and FM is not a scratch on CloD and the way it seems to have progressed in the FM and DM, I don't see much change from the Alpha.

I do think though the graphics engine is much more user friendly with huge frame-rates, no discernible building pop up, really nice ground textures, weather effects, smoke effects.

I must point out the weather effects because the cloud layers are amazing with 100% opaque coverage which you can actually dive through, with no frame-rate decrease.

A video from the much maligned Wings of Prey, shows just how good, what is considered to be a poor quality sim (and I agree it's not anywhere near the level of Sim Clod is, it really is a game to me), the graphics, smoke, weather, rain should be in a current Simulation.

Let's also be honest, this type of atmospheric effect, which can be achieved in what some see as a lowly, 'you're not worthy' aircraft game, if it can be achieved in such a poor game, is the minimum we should expect to see in any game released in 2014?

So I hope that weather effects, atmospheric effects are given the consideration they deserve?

In 2012, let alone 2014, the last thing we should expect to see is pop-up buildings, pop-up clouds, pop-up aircraft, no weather and see through clouds?

CloD does many things beautifully and better than WT, but WT and WoP, do some things better.

I hope some players will at-least consider that CloD is no the shining light of everything and really could learn from what are considered to be 'rubbish' games?

If rubbish games can do what you see in the following video, the Holy Grail of simming, Cliffs of Dover should be able to do this in it's spare time?

MP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF_oPrvNtU&feature=youtu.be

Lexicon
12-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Hello Mystic,
Well, it is ok...In fact, when looking for some exemples to prove my point, I just realized how good , technically speaking, WT is.I had ZERO issue since I started playing few weeks ago...For the fun of it, I just pushed ALL video options to the max...60 FPS, NO stuttering, just movie like playing..I could not beleive it...CLOD ? Still very buggy and choppy in "heavy"circumstances. WT ? Never happened...
My very personnal opinion, is that Gaijin took the opposite road to development:
They priorized the playabilty, the graphics and "immersion" to get as much clients as fast as possible. Since all hardcore simmers despised Gaijin sims anyway, they choose to please a much wider audience.
The big question now, is do Gaijin wants to put money and resources to build a real FM and DM for a niche crowd ? Is the current engine capable of such a thing ? And even if their FM and DM were in fact superior to CLOD's, will they get any recognition from the elite group ?
In early 2014, BOS will be (?) released. 777 have a BIG challenge ahead of them. They are the only hope for simmers like Krupi and other HC simmers.
Gaijin raised the bar in many aspect of the genre. And that is good for all of us....;)

Salute !

Bearcat
12-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Well....

After some time going at this game..the demo all I can say is it's a pain in the arss. It's beautiful the flight models aren't terrible but guess what..all I've been able to fly is German biplanes. I think they give you more if you fly for hours on end and score many kills but I can't do that! Or you can buy more aeroplanes. I think I'm so use to IL-2 that anything else that is different seems garbage or totally confusing to my pea sized brain. That's probably the main problem. The only other sim that comes close to IL-2 in my opinion is Rise Of Flight witch is good for all of us. The only thing is I'm not a WWI guy.

Yes that was my take as well.. and I just didn't have the time to invest in it.. It looks nice.. the sounds are ok.. but for some reason I had continual connection issues and then there was that black screen thing where I hear the music and get no picture.. that really just annoyed the mess out of me..

MP how is the skinning in WT..? I never got that far .. is it like in WoP?

Visually WoP was great and it flew decently enough.. not IL2 not CoD.. different but for me enjoyable.. but the skinning system was horrible.. in tha if you skinned say a Mustang.. then every Mustang in the sim had the same skin..

GloDark7
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
View full screen 1080p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxjvRJxycw&hd=1

Bearcat
12-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Nice shots Glo.. Hows the skinning in WT? I always like the ballistics in WoP .. they seemed more realistic to me.. more like actual guncam footage..

Lexicon
12-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Well, I think that Glodark's video says it all...(nice aim by the way !)

Any one can now see what WT is capable of...And it is still in....Beta...
In terms of immertion, playability and fun factor within a good enough realistic FM and DM environment, WT has the crown...for now...

Salute !

GloDark7
12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks Bearcat, Lexicon,

No skinning in the traditional sense. Just this decal placement arrangement they have which results in some bizarre oddities online. It may get opened up to traditional skinning later on, who knows?

Glo

Bearcat
12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Graphically it is nice.. WoP was great too in that respect.. I still use it to take screen shots and for quick skirmishes every now and then.. I think Gaijin got some things right.. very right..and if RoF can look at what's out there and use it .. I think it will be great.. I just hope it's online functionality is better implemented..

WTE_Galway
01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I may be the odd man out here, and it may be because i have spent a bit of time flying IRL and have over-high expectations, but none of the new genre of games really looks that impressive to me graphically. Beeter than IL2 yeah, but so what. FSX from altitude with addon scenery can look reasonably realistic but none of the new combat flightsims do it for me.

Personally "immersion" comes from other factors in a sim and has little to do with graphics. I recall flight sims from the early 90's that where far more "immersive" than most of the current crop.

Lexicon
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I may be the odd man out here, and it may be because i have spent a bit of time flying IRL and have over-high expectations, but none of the new genre of games really looks that impressive to me graphically. Beeter than IL2 yeah, but so what. FSX from altitude with addon scenery can look reasonably realistic but none of the new combat flightsims do it for me.

Personally "immersion" comes from other factors in a sim and has little to do with graphics. I recall flight sims from the early 90's that where far more "immersive" than most of the current crop.

Hello Galway,

What other factors are you reffering to? What is missing in WT (in FRB) or CLOD, in your opinion, compared to those early 90' sims ?
You know, both WT and BOS are in development, so any constructive comments are welcome .

Salute !

Stublerone
01-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Sometimes I feel like some of you guys really do not really understand, what clod intended to do with all the stuff, that is for sure some kind of buggy and pops in.

It is a straming engine, which intention is to give you maximum possible viewing ranges and details. All streaming engines are running bad in terms of hacing pop ups. The reason, why wt is looking better in that terms is that you roughly have 5km clear viewing range and it has nothin to simulate. Nearly all fround objects in clod had the intention to be single objects, which also costs a lot of performance.

Next point: Wt has no detailed DM as it cannot have it for now. It is an il2 engined game with even lesser detail than old il2 in terms of computing and simulating anything. It is just a easy version of il2 with eye candy.

Viewing distance is horrible, fm is not ther, even in historical matches. The ripped out essential flight simming characteristics to do an arcade game. Anybody, who is comparing it to clod and its totally other approach, really has no clue, what it was all about. Level of details, single placed and moving objects, which are programmable and not randomly just create immersion, but also additionally try to make sense do not seem to weigh here.

I not say, that any of both games were anywhere near a fine game, but clod had the potential built in. WT do not have options to be a sim and to create a sim comunity with its limited and cut out features.

Than better play hsfx mod on il2, because with wt, we will never come back together in a way, we did it in il2. And that is fact.

Sure you can play it, but I really hate to hear people here talking about the game and compare it with each others. In this case I often think to myself: Is the world really getting dumber than the world was sime years ago? Complete Nonsens.

But I do not say, that noone should play one of these games ;) play, whatever is fun.

Lexicon
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Sometimes I feel like some of you guys really do not really understand, what clod intended to do with all the stuff, that is for sure some kind of buggy and pops in.

It is a straming engine, which intention is to give you maximum possible viewing ranges and details. All streaming engines are running bad in terms of hacing pop ups. The reason, why wt is looking better in that terms is that you roughly have 5km clear viewing range and it has nothin to simulate. Nearly all fround objects in clod had the intention to be single objects, which also costs a lot of performance.

Next point: Wt has no detailed DM as it cannot have it for now. It is an il2 engined game with even lesser detail than old il2 in terms of computing and simulating anything. It is just a easy version of il2 with eye candy.

Viewing distance is horrible, fm is not ther, even in historical matches. The ripped out essential flight simming characteristics to do an arcade game. Anybody, who is comparing it to clod and its totally other approach, really has no clue, what it was all about. Level of details, single placed and moving objects, which are programmable and not randomly just create immersion, but also additionally try to make sense do not seem to weigh here.

I not say, that any of both games were anywhere near a fine game, but clod had the potential built in. WT do not have options to be a sim and to create a sim comunity with its limited and cut out features.

Than better play hsfx mod on il2, because with wt, we will never come back together in a way, we did it in il2. And that is fact.

Sure you can play it, but I really hate to hear people here talking about the game and compare it with each others. In this case I often think to myself: Is the world really getting dumber than the world was sime years ago? Complete Nonsens.

But I do not say, that noone should play one of these games ;) play, whatever is fun.

Hello Stublerone,

"We" understand this though: CLOD, after 8 years of development and $8 million in investments, is a total business failure, and half the game it should have been. And so imcomplete it becomes boring to play after few months...
So everything as "had the potential" and "intended to do" , and " had the intention to be" is totally irrelevant since CLOD could not make it happened...

WT may have only(?) 5 km of viewing distance but does many important things CLOD should do to be called "immersive" and realistic :

Good looking 3D clouds, overcast, weather system, planes in a distance , realistic blackouts , pilot in cockpit, in cockpit plexi reflexions, sun f/x , collision with trees, realistic terrain at low altitude, and having 20 fighters against 50 bombers in formation over cities at good FPS with a decent PC.
If CLOD fell short to do all this because of some "calculations" to have perfect FM and DM, well, the trade-off is not worth it apparently.
As far as if WT could have, eventually, good FM and DM , whos to say ?
In the end, if WT still updates its game at the actual rate, WT will have everything better than CLOD...So how close to CLOD's FM and DM WT has to be to get the "sim" approbation ?

Salute !

naz
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Clod boring to play after a few months??

Can't agree with you there old boy....each to their own I guess but you are definitely speaking for yourself there.

Lexicon
01-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Clod boring to play after a few months??

Can't agree with you there old boy....each to their own I guess but you are definitely speaking for yourself there.

Are'nt we all speaking for ourselves here ? ;)

And you call me old boy !!! You know what Naz ?!!!!
You're right about that one !:rolleyes:

I have to admit that I am more of a "visual" and "immersion" guy than an expert in FM/DM and technical specs of each airplane. But there is no concensus about those issues in CLOD either...

SAlute !

Roblex
01-04-2013, 06:48 AM
What impresses me is that this was using am ATI HD 4850 which has only 1GB and is over 4 years old!

Stublerone
01-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Wt is already boring after weeks for many and it simply will never have the possibility to create content near the possibilities of il2 and clod. And il2 is an old sim, still capable of more features than wt would ever have. Random battles are boring and do not suite to a flight sim.

With "intention" I mean the intention, why it complicatedly built. Sure it had bucks and performqnce problems, bit I see the technical aspects behind it. You can screw down the whole graphics to 800x6000 and it still is technically better than wt. I do not want to argue, but you are seeing skins, textures and anti aliasing, but not the number of polygons, the calculations etc behind it. With all that limited in wt, the game should look like gran turismo or R.A.C.E. and not like it is now. It looks okay but they are far beyond the possibilities.

Btw: I could play clod sufficiently directly after the first small patch a few days after release. I just had to take away some eye candies, which are not that much relevant. I mean: Why set number of houses on max, if it looks okay enough on low settings and it has no influence on your flying.

The only thing about clod is, that they haven't looked into the old comunity and give their feedback enough value. The game is built like wt: you cannot establish a core gaming comunity with that limited access to a good mission builder and some other stuff. And the second topic on clod was, that they wanted too much and did not have the proper skills to make such a complicated thing ready to run. I also never understood, why the fm's were so weird.

But that is all. Technically our next pc will be able to run clod in its first released state easily. The engine requires too much from a system "pc" which nobody cares of in the direction of game requirements. We simply need better comunications between the parts of a pc and we are already lost years of innovation in this case, because the consoles stopped it. If you see recent analyses, it could be the best solution for the new console generation to go closer to pc configuration again, as 4k resolution on a crappy ps4 with a amd a10 chip inside is nonsens. They will lose shares soon, if you hear the technical analysts.

Bit that is a bit off topic :)

Stublerone
01-04-2013, 08:19 AM
What impresses me is that this was using am ATI HD 4850 which has only 1GB and is over 4 years old!

That is totally easy: You take your old experience with the il2 engine, create new interiors, new layers and totally limit the workload on physics and other calculations or replace it with easier to calculate rudimentary calculations and you have enough headroom for eyecandy and so on. Additionally screw down visibility from other ganes down from 35km to 5km or less and guess what: You have a game running on every system! They already built a ps2 game out of il2 and a console also only can do limited workloads.

I am just wondering, why it do not look like bf3, because with all these limitations, it should easily work! So for me they are now beginning to make money with a polished ps2game in the jacket of the new free to play mmo's. And additionally they could use the old mechanics to let you build missions and play "full real". This was also what they bought with the rights to built a ps2 il2. Poorly they slow everything out, which is important as sim and made it arcade. Sure they do, because the group of people playing arcade is much more big and they can make a lot of money! :) And they do by far better than world of warplanes from wargaming.

But nevertheless there is no need to discuss this game as substitute for a flight sim player. Simple as that! And immersion through visible effects are not, what a sim stands for. And immersion in sims is created by your own and the others, who are flying in clan flight evenings (organized and not just an online server gang bang. I mean real meetings with companies, where 3vs3clans with fighter and bomber specialists are flying against each others. With real organized swarm tacticts, your wingman and all the skills needed to perform such flights! That is, what il2 was all about for most players.

No online gang bang, no offline flyers, etc. Just the organized clans playing high end and building the living part of the comunity.

Ataros
01-04-2013, 09:22 AM
I think WT is a fun game if you do not expect highest detail, hardcore simulation or Oleg's perfectionism.

Do you play on a Russian server or there is a separate EU or US server? The RU server has a 3rd game mode with more realistic settings(e.g. limited friendly icons only) than Arcade and Historic Battles.

Stublerone
01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Arcade, historical and full real. Only downloaded and flew one arcade match and one time on full real.

It is intended to be a fun game. That is, why it is totally unnecessary to compare it to any simulation. Some simulation guys do not seem to love the word "simulation", because they are advertising an arcade game in a forum, where many experienced people talk about simulation and not abou arcade games. This should be posted in the 1c wings of prey section.

I cannot hear it anymore. Wt is an arcade game with no ambitions to be even close to simulation. It is a world of tanks like game, where they will try to give the vehicles their known strengths, bit additionally will try to balance it for fighting 1vs1.

But we are talking in the clod forum and clod is a sim. And sims cannot be compared to arcade games. This should not be difficult to understand. All those, who are now advertising wt here were never really into simulations or they simply do not care anymore. But stop comparing them. The engine if a simulator is at least 10 times more complicated. Graphics can be already done by unemployed 400 eur jobbers. Sure this is a bit to much, but I hate hearing people with no knowledge on anything concerning gaming engines talk about them and asking themselves: why can they do high fps in wt, but not in clod? They simply should not talk anymore until they know about it.

I call these guys the "aa-lovers". As soon as a game do not have aa, they are angry about it.
Solution on that: buy yourself a sufficient monitor and not all these 1080p crap. You do not need much aa on a 4k monitor with a goid scaled game. It simply has nearly double as much pixels. I wonder, why we went steps backwards with displays anyways! :) I had more res 10years ago (not depending how we usedto play the games). I do not need aa with my dell ultrasharp!

Slipstream2012
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Arcade, historical and full real. Only downloaded and flew one arcade match and one time on full real.

It is intended to be a fun game. That is, why it is totally unnecessary to compare it to any simulation. Some simulation guys do not seem to love the word "simulation", because they are advertising an arcade game in a forum, where many experienced people talk about simulation and not abou arcade games. This should be posted in the 1c wings of prey section.

I cannot hear it anymore. Wt is an arcade game with no ambitions to be even close to simulation. It is a world of tanks like game, where they will try to give the vehicles their known strengths, bit additionally will try to balance it for fighting 1vs1.

But we are talking in the clod forum and clod is a sim. And sims cannot be compared to arcade games. This should not be difficult to understand. All those, who are now advertising wt here were never really into simulations or they simply do not care anymore. But stop comparing them. The engine if a simulator is at least 10 times more complicated. Graphics can be already done by unemployed 400 eur jobbers. Sure this is a bit to much, but I hate hearing people with no knowledge on anything concerning gaming engines talk about them and asking themselves: why can they do high fps in wt, but not in clod? They simply should not talk anymore until they know about it.

I call these guys the "aa-lovers". As soon as a game do not have aa, they are angry about it.
Solution on that: buy yourself a sufficient monitor and not all these 1080p crap. You do not need much aa on a 4k monitor with a goid scaled game. It simply has nearly double as much pixels. I wonder, why we went steps backwards with displays anyways! :) I had more res 10years ago (not depending how we usedto play the games). I do not need aa with my dell ultrasharp!

Nicely said Stublerone, ;)

jamesdietz
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Well....

Agree with your review...except I really do think RoF is pretty cool!

Lexicon
01-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Wt is already boring after weeks for many and it simply will never have the possibility to create content near the possibilities of il2 and clod. And il2 is an old sim, still capable of more features than wt would ever have. Random battles are boring and do not suite to a flight sim.

With "intention" I mean the intention, why it complicatedly built. Sure it had bucks and performqnce problems, bit I see the technical aspects behind it. You can screw down the whole graphics to 800x6000 and it still is technically better than wt. I do not want to argue, but you are seeing skins, textures and anti aliasing, but not the number of polygons, the calculations etc behind it. With all that limited in wt, the game should look like gran turismo or R.A.C.E. and not like it is now. It looks okay but they are far beyond the possibilities.

Btw: I could play clod sufficiently directly after the first small patch a few days after release. I just had to take away some eye candies, which are not that much relevant. I mean: Why set number of houses on max, if it looks okay enough on low settings and it has no influence on your flying.

The only thing about clod is, that they haven't looked into the old comunity and give their feedback enough value. The game is built like wt: you cannot establish a core gaming comunity with that limited access to a good mission builder and some other stuff. And the second topic on clod was, that they wanted too much and did not have the proper skills to make such a complicated thing ready to run. I also never understood, why the fm's were so weird.

But that is all. Technically our next pc will be able to run clod in its first released state easily. The engine requires too much from a system "pc" which nobody cares of in the direction of game requirements. We simply need better comunications between the parts of a pc and we are already lost years of innovation in this case, because the consoles stopped it. If you see recent analyses, it could be the best solution for the new console generation to go closer to pc configuration again, as 4k resolution on a crappy ps4 with a amd a10 chip inside is nonsens. They will lose shares soon, if you hear the technical analysts.

Bit that is a bit off topic :)

Hi Stublerone,

Be sure I am not here to argue, but to understand something.

What features are you reffering to when you state:

" And il2 is an old sim, still capable of more features than wt would ever have. "

I've been playing IL2 since 2001. I've been following the forums since then.
FM and DM features have always been an issue among hardcore simmers and no concensus has ever been reached. Same for CLOD.

But ,the main complaints from hardcore simmers regarding CLOD, even during its development were related to...graphics!!! How the damn thing looked !

1-Terrain...Remember all the discussions about: the color, the tone, the good green, the bad green...Bad lighting...Good lighting..?
2-Clouds...That is a pitty..But remember all those discussions and complaints about the shape ,the color and shading ? Overcast anyone ?
3-Tracers...about 25 threads of complaints about those too.
4-Buildings...Same thing...Bad color, bad size...
5-Trees...well, there were discussions about the size and green tones of the leaves...And the shimmering shadows ?
6-And all the complaints about the everchanging hue and contrast with the whole thing...including the cockpits...
7- And the "dots" plane in a distance...
8- And the blackout f/x that looks like scratches on the screen...?
There are so many complaints about the graphic aspects of CLOD in this comunity that I can't beleive it is not a priority for the simmers.

When 777 opened its forum for the IL2 BOS, about 90% of the questions were about ? The graphics !!! Will it look good ? CLOD crowd don't like the ROF graphics ! They want eye candy !

WT decided to go the other way around. Top graphics with high FPS on average machines and high playability. Now people complain about FM, DM and other "game" features that CLOD may have done right.
WT is based on IL2 engine. That means there is the possibility to make WT as good as IL2 ...If they wish to. BUt WT "works" very well, in its BETA state.
CLOD never succeeded in that matter, and was a catastrophic failure at release. Maybe Gaijin did learn from 1C ?

Salute !

Stublerone
01-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Generally you are right with your comment, that they complain graphics so often. I know, that the people of clod are not the same, that are well known in il2. Most guys simply never came to clod, because it do not generate what they all wanted. My known clans all not complain about graphics and also not complain fm. They mainly complain, that cannot fly together in that game in a manner, how you did it in il2. And all we wanted is simple: Polish and advance il2 and its mechanics, regularly fill it with planes and give us a really powerful tool like an advanced SEOW.

Without a tool like that and a powerfull mission builder, clod was dead for most of the il2 guys as they want to play with a story and dynamic theaters. Not only historically correct, but with balanced planesets or with historically correct plabesets, but with resources advantages, etc...

It was dead for all people I know, not because of bad graphics, but with no sense for what a real jagdgeschwader/squadron needs to perform correct flying with immersion.

My immersion is in the things, that are briefed ir in my own mind and never graphically depending.

The engine is powerful, but you cannot fully access them to create a theatre for months. Dynamic campaigns and some sort of SEOW powers are the major backbreaker for my clans and all the people I know. Like ne, they flew perhaps 10-20 hours in clod. And performqnce issues aside, we had no fun to play on an online server, as generally you see perhaps 2-3 squadrobs really playibg it right. The rest is just meeting and shooting. No tactics, no squadron flight techniques, nothing... So: no fun!

Stublerone
01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Generally you are right with your comment, that they complain graphics so often. I know, that the people of clod are not the same, that are well known in il2. Most guys simply never came to clod, because it do not generate what they all wanted. My known clans all not complain about graphics and also not complain fm. They mainly complain, that cannot fly together in that game in a manner, how you did it in il2. And all we wanted is simple: Polish and advance il2 and its mechanics, regularly fill it with planes and give us a really powerful tool like an advanced SEOW.

Without a tool like that and a powerfull mission builder, clod was dead for most of the il2 guys as they want to play with a story and dynamic theaters. Not only historically correct, but with balanced planesets or with historically correct plabesets, but with resources advantages, etc...

It was dead for all people I know, not because of bad graphics, but with no sense for what a real jagdgeschwader/squadron needs to perform correct flying with immersion.

My immersion is in the things, that are briefed ir in my own mind and never graphically depending.

The engine is powerful, but you cannot fully access them to create a theatre for months. Dynamic campaigns and some sort of SEOW powers are the major backbreaker for my clans and all the people I know. Like ne, they flew perhaps 10-20 hours in clod. And performqnce issues aside, we had no fun to play on an online server, as generally you see perhaps 2-3 squadrobs really playibg it right. The rest is just meeting and shooting. No tactics, no squadron flight techniques, nothing... So: no fun!

SlipBall
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM

So no game to make better with time

Lexicon
01-07-2013, 12:56 PM
HI guys,

Well, I think that we can agree on one thing now:

With time and dedication, almost any average/good sim can become great.
EAW, ROF, BOB II, IL2 1946, ATAG for CLOD, and many more have found passionate and dedicated modders that were able to push the boundaries
to make these games great sims...
So who knows where CLOD, WT and BOS will be in few months ?
We can never say never...With any new flight sim that comes on the market.
I still think though, that a game/sim that has great graphics and high FPS for average PC and good playability, at release, has better chance to last and make money. If it lacks "options" , it is more likely that modders would be interested in pushing the game if there is already lots of fans to please.

Salute !

vranac
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM

http://sowc.forumotion.co.uk/

https://sites.google.com/site/clodbattle/opisanie-proekta

The second project is based on ground war with pilots supporting it.More possibilities than in old il2.

tialmisu
01-08-2013, 07:56 AM
I am going to download it tonight to try it. I love war related flight sims. War Thunder is similiar to World of Warplanes? DotMMO says it is very similiar.
http://www.dotmmo.com/war-thunder-15685.html
http://www.mmowood.com/war-thunder

Stublerone
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Cannot get it translated on the fly on my mobile phone. But is it clod? Sure clod has the power to do something more than il2. But some dynamic campaign system with a powerful data base for planning the next mission with the random result of the round before (like seow) should be implemented in the game to make it less complicated for all of us. I know, that there are still guys out there who can manage to get something out of clod. But now it is a bit too late as we do not get furthe content like new planes, new maps, new ground units, ships and other gimmicks to fill it with life.

My dream was to have a sufficient base and that some guys of the comunity can add more weapons, ground units of all kinds, etc. But it is too late too hope on that.

If clod would get more content and a dynamic campaign from a third party, all the old seow il2 guys would love to join. And there are hundreds of people out there just want to fly coordinated real time events against other clans. But life in the game is not existing. :(

vranac
01-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes CloD.By a chance ATAG was down yesterday and ~ 25 pilots was on the server(Kupikolesa.ru) and everything was working perfectly.Scripting is almost finished.
Someone was doing that for SEOW also.
Commanding the mission is done through the Menu Tab 4 but that can be done differently when you have core scripts ready.

Ataros
01-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Saturday will be a FullReal day on RU WT server. Hopefully the Realism room will have side selection and old squadrons will join. Good time to join and test the game.

Peak time will be evening UTC+3. Get the message to your squad-mates please.

---

Personally I am looking forward to a CloD online war where squads can select missions and fly them against other squads.

WT provides very coop-like environment where teams face each other for a 30-60 min. mission. (FM and DM are not 100% there yet though.)

JG52Krupi
01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Fm and Dm are not there at all from what I have flown :|

SlipBall
01-09-2013, 09:25 AM

Thats the beauty of it, smooth game play :-P

Bearcat
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM

I still have not gotten into CoD enough to really speak on it other than the fact that it runs better now for me than it did.. and WT I could never get into much.. but if it is like WoP graphically it is very nice but the draw distance was a kiler.. You could be tracking a target.. and it would just disappear beyond a certain distance.. Also if I am not mistaken the CEM in WT is less detailed than in IL2... Still it could be fun though.. just not for me.

But nevertheless there is no need to discuss this game as substitute for a flight sim player. Simple as that! And immersion through visible effects are not, what a sim stands for. And immersion in sims is created by your own and the others, who are flying in clan flight evenings (organized and not just an online server gang bang. I mean real meetings with companies, where 3vs3clans with fighter and bomber specialists are flying against each others. With real organized swarm tacticts, your wingman and all the skills needed to perform such flights! That is, what il2 was all about for most players.
No online gang bang, no offline flyers, etc. Just the organized clans playing high end and building the living part of the comunity.

Good posts there..

vranac
01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I still have not gotten into CoD enough to really speak on it other than the fact that it runs better now for me than it did..

Good posts there..

What is good there, stublerone is wrong with that.Not to argue his opinion or his friends.
There is 3th historical campaign running every weekend with 90 pilots in it
and that is similar with SEOW and you can check it at ACG SoW server.
And there is online war with moving front running similar to online wars in old il2.

This kind of stuff kept il2 alive and SQs together.

That is not posible in RoF,WT and it will not be in BoS.

Sorry for the off.

Bearcat
01-09-2013, 08:51 PM
What is good there, stublerone is wrong with that.Not to argue his opinion or his friends.
There is 3th historical campaign running every weekend with 90 pilots in it
and that is similar with SEOW and you can check it at ACG SoW server.
And there is online war with moving front running similar to online wars in old il2.

This kind of stuff kept il2 alive and SQs together.

That is not posible in RoF,WT and it will not be in BoS.

Sorry for the off.

No worries.. I meant what he said about needs in an online sim.. like I said I don't know enough about CoD to comment but I can relate to what he said about what makes a good online server......... I don't know how RoF is online either.. and of course BoS isn't out yet...

Sokol1
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Yes CloD.By a chance ATAG was down yesterday and ~ 25 pilots was on the server(Kupikolesa.ru) and everything was working perfectly.Scripting is almost finished.
Someone was doing that for SEOW also.
Commanding the mission is done through the Menu Tab 4 but that can be done differently when you have core scripts ready.

Hi Vranac,

I join this server "Battle of France" another day, but I am "lost" in what to do.

http://i47.tinypic.com/wvdhdz.jpg
https://sites.google.com/site/clodbattle/karty

Is not possible translate this URL with Google:

https://sites.google.com/site/clodbattle/opisanie-proekta

How I get instrucions this?

Sokol1

vranac
01-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Hi Sokol1 !

I'm also not shure how to command because first the pilots have to choose commander throgh Tab 4.

I also don't know Russian and it was easier to translate when it was described on sukhoi forum but I think you can copy some text from there and put it in the google translator.

Point is the scripts are working very well with 25 pilots and I just hope they might carry more pilots.

We are offtopic here and I'm sorry for that, maybe we can continue this on the right topic tomorrow, I will find it , podvoxx made this war , very talented guy !

Stublerone
01-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Sokol, you are partly right with your new campaigns in clod. I see, that there are interesting things going on there and I am not aware with them so far. It would be great, if we can carry out this campaign system somewhere here.

I am german and I know about the language problems within the com and that all countries, especually the russian comunity, always have something in pipeline, which we not knew about very well. It is like having different internets. ;) I know, that some good ideas still hanging out there at a small group of people and the others do not know.

What I wanted to say in my post: It is not about the possibilities of clod to do such campaign systems. It is about the complexity and that clod was not able to provide such an important dynamic campaign system in its stick version without comunity help! That is, what I claimed ob clod: It is a new and powerful simulator, but it mainly lacks of such important tools. And I think, that this is, because of the general fixing problems. They simply had no time abd no possibility to fill the game with new content and new feature sets. That is, what I wanted to say... ;)

Ataros
01-10-2013, 10:23 AM

Here is a list of planes they officially consider 85-90% "there" and ask to report FM bugs to get it to 99%. Not many yet.

A5M4, A6M2, A6M2-N, A6M3, A6M3 mod 22, A6M5, A6M5 Ko, B-17G, Bf 109 E-3, Bf 109 F-4, Bf 109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, Bf 109 G-2, Bf 109 G-6, Bf 109 K-4, CR.42 Falco, F4U-1a, F4U-1c, F4U-1d, Fury Mk.I, Fury Mk.II, Fw 190 A-5, Fw 190 D-12, Fw 190 D-13, Fw 190 F-8, G.50 serie 2, G.50 serie 7AS, G4M1, Gladiator Mk II, Gladiator Mk IIF, Gladiator Mk IIS, Hurricane Mk I, Hurricane Mk II, Ki-10-I, Ki-10-I C, Ki-10-II, Ki-10-II C, Ki-200, Ki-43-II, Ki-61-Ia, Ki-61-Ib, Ki-61-Ic, Lancaster Mk III, M.C.200 serie 3, M.C.200 serie 7, M.C.202, Meteor F.3, Meteor F.4 LW, Meteor F.4 SW, Mosquito FB Mk VI, Mustang Mk IA, N1K2-J, N1K2-Ja, Nimrod Mk.I, Nimrod Mk.II, P-26A-33, P-26A-34 M2, P-26B-35, P-38G, P-39K-1, P-39N-0, P-39Q-5, P-40E-1, P-40E-1, P-47D, P-51D-5, Pe-2-1, Pe-2-110, Pe-2-205, Pe-2-21, Pe-2-359, Pe-2-83, Pe-3, Pe-3 early, Pe-3bis, SBD-3, Sea Meteor F.3, Su-2 M-82, Su-2 MV-5, Su-2 TSS-1, Swordfish Mk I, Ta 152 H-1, Typhoon Mk.1a, Typhoon Mk.1b, Typhoon Mk.1b late, XP-38G .

Full FM is ON only in 3rd gamemode (realistic), it is not present in Historic and Arcade Battles intentionally.

I do not consider this game a sim and do not expect good FM and DM from it. It can be used for quick shoot-em-all relaxation when someone is too tired or drunk to bother about CEM. I just want to get my La-7 and Dora ready to be able to do so ))

Ataros
01-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I also don't know Russian and it was easier to translate when it was described on sukhoi forum but I think you can copy some text from there and put it in the google translator.

You can contact Podvoxx at ATAG forums or at sukhoi.ru. He speaks English. His mission is not ready yet and that is why briefing is not translated yet as it is a subject to change.

Voting for a com is supposed to be very easy AFAIK.

vranac
01-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks Ataros.
Yes I know that it is not completed yet, I was following thread on sukhoi, but it seems to me it is very close.I whitnessed attack on the city in Blenheim over the great tank battle, 109s tryin to knock me, and spits and hurries defending me ))
Yes I know choosing com should be easy.

Sokol check your PM.

Ataros
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Side-selection is available in FRB now. (USA vs. Germany)

Tomorrow is a FRB night at the RU server.

Crumpp
01-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Fw 190 D-12, Fw 190 D-13

Why would the developers model these variants in the initial release??

Ataros
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
MK.Mr.X in action while waiting for the Team Fusion CloD patch (starts at 3:57).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q9u0JlwrKt4#t=238s

And some of his friends from RoF and Il-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VmzWCMJ-u9s

Another great WT video thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=38229

Wolf_13 likes WT FM BTW and said it feels more like RoF one than original IL-2.

buz13
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Well....

Well it's a demo.......but my problem is trying to get the controls set up....I get the joystick done for flying but assigned buttons for guns, bombs, views are not working.....the set up for the controls is very complicated compared to other sims and needs to be simplified before I spend more time just trying to get everything to work....otherwise it may be a fun sim....or game...not sure sim is correct term for this.

Ataros
01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
buz13, I have 3 different sticks connected to PC. All buttons work in WT. For axis try these settings by Mr.X http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/16077-initial-impression/?p=163095

WT controls are definitely much easier to set up than CloD one as it is a more simple game.

Mr.X and Wolf_13 from RoF use Doras (the plane I miss in CloD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=82iN-js_B8c

SlipBall
01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
I tried WT but uninstalled it soon after that :-P

Ataros
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
It is not a sim exactly yet, but became much better after 1.25 major patch in December and then many Il-2 squads came to it (like FB, SLI, RR, 72AG, 2GvShad and others who played IL-2 VEF AFW, ADW, etc). Full Real battles on RU server are very competitive now.

At least one guy from Luthier's CloD team is working there on FMs now. 1.27 major patch is out today.

smink1701
01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Will WT have SP, missons, campaign, etc???

Ataros
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Will WT have SP, missons, campaign, etc???

It has already. Some are free and some are paid-for. I do not know if they are good though. Probably WIP beta.

KG26_Alpha
01-31-2013, 10:37 AM

Many think the same and it was a killer they went for DF only.

WT looks fun, my sons flying it, but its not for me.

:)

SlipBall
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Very unfortunate about BOM I was looking forward to ground and air collaborations

smink1701
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know when it will be released. I'm guessing about two weeks;)

SlipBall
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Many think the same and it was a killer they went for DF only.

WT looks fun, my sons flying it, but its not for me.

:)

Simple truth is Clod demanded a strong upgrade, those people gambled that the devs would tweak it down to their PC level...so, never bought it as show of support, and then we all lost out of what I think would have been great BOM. ground/air sim

Ataros
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know when it will be released. I'm guessing about two weeks;)

Depends on what you call a release. You can download and play it now. It uses a sort of "perpetual beta" concept I guess.

JG52Krupi
02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Simple truth is Clod demanded a strong upgrade, those people gambled that the devs would tweak it down to their PC level...so, never bought it as show of support, and then we all lost out of what I think would have been great BOM. ground/air sim

I found bombers boring in il2:1946 but my most fond clod memories are flying the bloody blenhiem, such a swine of a plane it was bloody good fun :o

SPEKTRE76
02-15-2013, 10:06 AM
I've been playing way more CLoD than WT lately. I finally was able to get on the ATAG server but quickly realized I CAN'T FLY for s!@#. After many attempts I finally got the engine started. Upon take off after 1 min I perforated my radiator! Then I cause myself a spins and made a nice crater in France, lol. I need a stick if I'm going to fly on ATAG and sooooooooooon. :grin:

Ataros
02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Mr.X shooting in WT video. In a discussion under the video he tells he will come back to CloD when an online war project starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rzjAJyMcA6k

GloDark7
03-23-2013, 04:07 PM
War Thunder just received a huge update and a positive step in improvements for FM/DM, game dynamics and match maker (more historical aircraft matchups but only when there are enough online it seems). Many more aspects need work on but it is a step in the right direction.

I would like to see a further reduction in screen clutter in FRB mode (considered to be it's Simulation style mode), increase available player slots and see some bigger maps (Kuban is nice though).

This video shows me at the controls (webcam-style overlay) and how effective 6DoF head tracking is.

View in HD if you have the bandwidth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYmf_XiXfJM&hd=1

Still no World War mode but hopefully in the coming months.

We need more sim pilots to help guide this modes development!

Glo

TomcatViP
04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Improved FM . lOl

Remind me my old Microprose 1942. And by the way I alrdy own this game: it's called SOW/The one that was never fully delivered

At the beginning of your video, the climb is alrdy highly surrealistic but I watched your movie patiently expecting something to see that match your comment.... Until I saw the merge with the Yack... And then OMG that's remind me some of the worst infamous/hilarious FM of some of the Old_IL2 planes.

Every body needs what fit their own feet. Right? You'e got your leather and high heels War thunder, we've got our flat feet CoD promising even without the top notch graphics :rolleyes:

RedSkys
04-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Improved FM . lOl

Remind me my old Microprose 1942. And by the way I alrdy own this game: it's called SOW/The one that was never fully delivered

At the beginning of your video, the climb is alrdy highly surrealistic but I watched your movie patiently expecting something to see that match your comment.... Until I saw the merge with the Yack... And then OMG that's remind me some of the worst infamous/hilarious FM of some of the Old_IL2 planes.

Every body needs what fit their own feet. Right? You'e got your leather and high heels War thunder, we've got our flat feet CoD promising even without the top notch graphics :rolleyes:

Wow, im a War thunder player, and I must say that merge looked TOTALLY crazy and unrealistic. You would never be able to pull that off anymore.

So I went in the game and tried to do the exact same thing with the same plane, and I got no where close to that. All i did was send my plane into a crazy spin when i tried to pull back on my stick that hard. (incase your wondering im talking about at 5:35)

That HAD to have been a glitch in the FM or footage of the old FM. So please dont judge the FMs by that footage. They really are alot better than that.

Richie
08-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Graphically it is nice.. WoP was great too in that respect.. I still use it to take screen shots and for quick skirmishes every now and then.. I think Gaijin got some things right.. very right..and if RoF can look at what's out there and use it .. I think it will be great.. I just hope it's online functionality is better implemented..

I agree Bearcat. I like Flight Models and IL-2 has always had that. I have been one of the lucky ones who have had few problems at all with COD actually none it's just been held back by the actual game. But as things have progressed I this COD is the much better "sim" and there for for me much more fun than War Thunder.

Oldschool61
08-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Wow, im a War thunder player, and I must say that merge looked TOTALLY crazy and unrealistic. You would never be able to pull that off anymore.

So I went in the game and tried to do the exact same thing with the same plane, and I got no where close to that. All i did was send my plane into a crazy spin when i tried to pull back on my stick that hard. (incase your wondering im talking about at 5:35)

That HAD to have been a glitch in the FM or footage of the old FM. So please dont judge the FMs by that footage. They really are alot better than that.

I just downloaded WT yesterday and I'am still trying to find my way around so to speak. Are there any type of servers for the FRB that are setup like the old day IL2 servers like War clouds or ATAG??

Oldschool61
08-20-2013, 04:26 PM
No one here has played War thunder.....really???

startrekmike
08-22-2013, 05:50 PM
No one here has played War thunder.....really???

I did, I tried it twice and both times it really was not anything I would write home about.

As I had said before, I think that the whole "F2P MMO" aspect of it really clashes with the whole military airplane thing, all the grinding and more grinding needed just to be able to fly specific planes and then you have to grind a whole lot more if you want to keep up with the repair cost of said plane is absolutely absurd.

Frankly, War thunder provides nothing that IL-2 1946 does not and IL-2 1946 provides all it's features upfront, not locked behind arbitrary grind/pay-walls.

planespotter
08-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Tried it a few time, hate it.

Every time I go back is a 30 minute download because a new patch. Fly biplanes to win monoplanes, much team killing, full real is never a human on the server, only bots, and the historical missions - a joke, aircraft carriers for Japan in the English Channel. I puke.

The say they have 3 million players register. Either a lie, or they register once, vomit and leave...

Metatron
09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
One thing I do not see adressed about WT is, is it even possible to take part in a historical battle with the correct aircraft?
All I see on youtube and in screenshots are Bf 109s fighting Zeroes over the Pacific and Corsairs over Stalingrad etc. Is there any way to properly control the planeset in a historical battle?

Palex
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
WT?? Beautifull graphics, inexistent FM and DM. I could see Beufighters and Bf110 turnning and diving like a spit, or a Gladiator fighting hand to hand with a LaGG3.

Is an excellent graphical adventure!!

ECV56_Guevara
09-12-2013, 02:15 PM
WT?? Beautifull graphics, inexistent FM and DM. I could see Beufighters and Bf110 turnning and diving like a spit, or a Gladiator fighting hand to hand with a LaGG3.

Is an excellent graphical adventure!!
You like graphical adventure...and men.

Palex
09-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Que botonazo!!:grin:

Senilix
03-26-2014, 07:45 AM
I started with mouse-aim - It was great fun. After a year i bought myself a proper joystick setup (Saitek x 51 pro, with rudder and TrackIr5). I knew from forum that the setup would be difficuldt, and it was. I have now bought COD due to my growing interest on more sim flying. In WT there is a playerbase who use mouse, stick flying is much more difficult - spesially the aiming.

The playerbase on "serious" players are narrow, so there is a lot of bot's in sim mode, and historical battling is almost non present. A lot of things is good, the game is under development and will improve I hope. FM's, DM's and match making is not good atm, I am not sure about if they will succeed or not - I am afraid the "arcade" player base will force them to focus on a lighter game than go for full sim functionality.

I have to learn to fly sim-wise, this game is a better place to do that - postet after 5 hours playing after installation.

SlipBall
04-30-2014, 09:39 PM
I started with mouse-aim - It was great fun. After a year i bought myself a proper joystick setup (Saitek x 51 pro, with rudder and TrackIr5). I knew from forum that the setup would be difficuldt, and it was. I have now bought COD due to my growing interest on more sim flying. In WT there is a playerbase who use mouse, stick flying is much more difficult - spesially the aiming.

The playerbase on "serious" players are narrow, so there is a lot of bot's in sim mode, and historical battling is almost non present. A lot of things is good, the game is under development and will improve I hope. FM's, DM's and match making is not good atm, I am not sure about if they will succeed or not - I am afraid the "arcade" player base will force them to focus on a lighter game than go for full sim functionality.

I have to learn to fly sim-wise, this game is a better place to do that - postet after 5 hours playing after installation.

Welcome to the game