PDA

View Full Version : RAF campaign REDUX - released

bolox
11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3690983/Re_Modded_stock_RAF_campaign_N.html#Post3690983.

If you haven't heard about this already, it's a rewritten RAF campaign to replace the 'rather lacklustre' one supplied with CoD.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did while making it

d.burnette
11-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Sweet, I have been waiting for that to do as my first campaign with this sim.
Many thanks!

SlipBall
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks, very:cool:!

planespotter
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Now I am on mission six! Will not spoil for others but I have six kills, now I am promoted and going for my Distinguish Flying Medal.

Maybe a long night for me...

Thanks to you and Heinkel and...

Feathered_IV
12-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Nice! I'm working on a remake of the default campaign too. Rewriting all the briefings in the style of Armstrong & Miller:

So I was all like listening to the wireless and this and that. And this geezer Churchill comes on, and he's all "the battle of France is over the Battle of Britain is about to begin". And I'm like, way to bring the room down man. I just isn't ready for like war and shit. I've got a note and everything....

bolox
12-01-2012, 07:17 AM
That's well harsh and I'm not even lying about that I've got a note and everything... fo' shur.:-P

Low Flyer
12-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Thank you so much.

The adventures of Pilot Officer Bertram Gussett will be coming soon to a screenshot thread near you. His uncle was an RFC pilot in the last lot, you know....:wink:

Bounder!
12-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Nice!!! Downloading now, thanks very much!

Stirwenn
12-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Downloaded and in game : what a change ! thx to Heinkill, Bolox, Gabuzomeu !

Borsch
12-01-2012, 09:09 AM
GReat many thanks!

I did complete the original and yes, it was nothing to write home about. Cant wait to try the remake! Thanks for the awesome work!
S!

Freycinet
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Downloaded here as well, let's see if there won't be some good movies in this! Thank you so much for your HUGE work! I hope it will inspire others.

ivo
12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi is possible to have all two campingn_gb ? and if it is possible how I can to do it ?

Bye Ivo

planespotter
12-01-2012, 03:07 PM
It was a long night to 2 a.m. but I made a campaign to mission 10 before dying. Luftwaffe fighter AI is quite good I can say! By this mission I had 9 kills and moved from Tangmere to Manston, Hurricane to Spit and this was in my first big intercept on a raid. Very much chaos. I was trying to fight 109s as ordered, and flew under the bombers when an unlucky shot from a bomber got me a pilot kill and I was dead. Grrrrrr.

Now I must start over (I am play dedisded) :)

But that is OK, it is such a cool campaign I don't mind!

BTW I have never been so scared in this sim as when I had to fly from Tangmere to Manston...it took an hour nearly...we got jumped...after that I was always looking over my shoulder and the surprises were not finished! I don't want to spoilt the rest but after that mission I needed a whiskey!!!!

planespotter
12-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi is possible to have all two campingn_gb ? and if it is possible how I can to do it ?

Bye Ivo

I think this campaign overwrites your original files, but if you want back, you just have to verify the game in steam and your old campaign is restore.

But also, you could just go into the campaign folder and rename campaign_gb to campaign_bakkup or something.

But if you want to have both campaign in your menu and still able to play, I don't know how. Desastersoft can do it because their games add a menu item for Desastersoft but I don't know how they do it.

bolox
12-01-2012, 04:20 PM
yes it is possible to have both playable at the same time- tho it does involve 'jumping through a few hoops'.

Before installation of this campaign make a copy of your campaign_gb folder in SteamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign/

rename this folder as you wish - for the purposes of example I will use campaign_gb_bakup

You will then have to edit the campaigns.ini file (make a backup first)

[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_gb_bakup

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_gb_bakup]
folder campaign_gb_bakup
title Cliffs Of Dover-original
image poster.bmp

the bolded parts are the additions. Save this file

You will also have to create a folder with EXACTLY the same name as your 'new' campaigns (campaign_gb_bakup) in
" Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign (you could just repaste the folder you created/renamed in SteamApps.... -and delete the contents.)
when you run the campaign a file called "state" is created which keeps track of where you are in the campaign- if you wish to keep your current progress in original campaign_gb you can copy the state file from the campaign_gb folder in
Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign/campaign_gb

check you can run the campaign "Cliffs Of Dover-original" from the menu.

Only then install this new version.
I do not recommend changing the name of the new version as the 'scoring' is stored in a file written/read from a specific place and this is 'hard wired' into the scripting.

Rather alot of faffing around I'm afraid:sad:

BTW I have never been so scared in this sim as when I had to fly from Tangmere to Manston...it took an hour nearly...we got jumped...after that I was always looking over my shoulder and the surprises were not finished! I don't want to spoilt the rest but after that mission I needed a whiskey!!!
exactly the effect we hoped to achieve :wink:

ivo
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Thank I have done now I have two campaigns for GB

Bye Ivo

major_setback
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
How can I tell if it's installed correctly (using the self installer)?
For example - is there a name/description to the first mission that will tell me?

bolox
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
How can I tell if it's installed correctly (using the self installer)?
For example - is there a name/description to the first mission that will tell me?

when you click on the Cliffs of Dover campaign you should see a splash screen on the right with 'REDUX' on it. If you can see this you have the new version installed

andrea78
12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Good campaign like this increase the whole game value. Any chance for a German redux (maybe for Stukas :grin:)?

SlipBall
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
+1

major_setback
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
when you click on the Cliffs of Dover campaign you should see a splash screen on the right with 'REDUX' on it. If you can see this you have the new version installed

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking forward to this!

Bounder!
12-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Installation was very quick and easy, I've only played the first two missions so far which were a blast, fantastic work. Loved they way the 109s come diving in on the second mission! Wanted to say thanks very much for the work to bring us a better offline campaign.

The stock single player campaign that CLoD came with was a huge disappointment and although I prefer multiplayer online action it is a key area the devs really neglected and I know put a lot of prospective gamers off purchasing CLoD (that and the early performance issues). Hopefully with work like this more and more people will come back to CLoD.

One thing related to the campaign - is there a reason we have 87 octane fighters for a BoB campaign rather than the 100 Octane variants? I've only played the first two missions so far but they are BoB and in August and so the Hurricanes should be 100 Octane.

Cheers.

planespotter
12-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Installation was very quick and easy, I've only played the first two missions so far which were a blast, fantastic work. Loved they way the 109s come diving in on the second mission! Wanted to say thanks very much for the work to bring us a better offline campaign.

The stock single player campaign that CLoD came with was a huge disappointment and although I prefer multiplayer online action it is a key area the devs really neglected and I know put a lot of prospective gamers off purchasing CLoD (that and the early performance issues). Hopefully with work like this more and more people will come back to CLoD.

One thing related to the campaign - is there a reason we have 87 octane fighters for a BoB campaign rather than the 100 Octane variants? I've only played the first two missions so far but they are BoB and in August and so the Hurricanes should be 100 Octane.

Cheers.

True most Hurricane at that time were rotol and 100 Octane. A small slip maybe to be corrected?

theOden
12-02-2012, 08:14 AM
100 oct?
Edit the files and get on with life.

planespotter
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Is it already decided all Hurricanes were 100 Oct? I found this and in August 1940 not all units were on 100 Octane were they?:

Fuel Supplies to The British Empire And It's Commonwealth; Outlook, Ramifications and Projections For The Prosecution Of The War.

"The first bulk shipment of 100 octane fuel had arrived in Britain in June 1939 from the Esso refinery in Aruba. This and subsequent tanker shipments from Aruba, Curacao and the USA were stockpiled while the RAF continued to operate on 87 octane petrol. Having secured what were considered reasonably sufficient quantities of 100 octane, Fighter Command began converting its engines to this standard in March 1940, allowing boost (manifold) pressures to be raised without the risk of detonation in the cylinders. This initial increase in maximum boost from 6 lb to 9 lb delivered a useful power growth of around 130hp at the rated altitude.

By the time of the invasion of the Low Countries by Germany in May 1940 the RAF had converted approximately 25 % of it's total fighter force to 100 octane fuel use. The subsequent escalation in air activity and demands placed upon Fighter Command over the next two months put great strain on both the 100 octane fuel stockpiles and aircraft modified to use the fuel. Against the backdrop of total war the RAF found that it's reserves of 100 octane fuel was well below the level considered necessary for widespread use, for any sustained length of time.

Two actions were immediately undertaken by the British War Cabinet in May to resolve the looming crisis. Firstly 87 octane fuel was deemed the primary fuel source to be used until further supplies could be discovered and delivered in sufficient quantities to allow the Merlin conversions to again take place. Those existing fighters already so converted (approximately 125) would continue to use what supplies of 100 octane were available, but all other fighters that had not been modified to continue with the use of 87 octane (of which there was more than adequate supply). The second action was for the British Government to contract the Shell Oil Refining Company to assist the British-controlled Iraqi Petroleum Company at Kirkuk to produce 100 octane fuel. This arrangement proved quite successful as production was quickly converted to 100 octane fuel.

The first Middle East shipment of 100 octane fuel arrived in Portsmouth on 12th August, with a further two deliveries in September and four in October. Although too late to allow widespread conversion for the use of the fuel the deliveries did ensure that from this point on Britain would not be lacking in 100 octane fuel levels. With the newfound supply RAF Fighter Command again embarked upon a Merlin II and III conversion to 100 octane use from late September, finally achieving 100% conversion of it's fighter force by the end of November in 1940.

Bounder!
12-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Really don't want to derail this thread, I simply asked the question above as I thought there may have been a technical problem including them in the campaign or maybe an oversight. If it is the decision of the author to use 87 octane Hurricanes then that's fine, it's their decision to make. After going through the campaign files I found I could modify my .mis files to include 100 octane Hurricanes as another poster above suggests, so if others want to do so there is that option.

Regarding that particular quote above, it was discussed in many threads before and falls down as the original document referenced has never been found to exist http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20110&page=15 If people want to discuss octane in detail I suggest we take it to one of the many preexisting threads.

Back on topic, thanks to the OP for the work on the campaign, I'm having a blast with it.

Cheers.

badfinger
12-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Excuse me for being such a noob, but does this campaign take the place of the original Cliffs of Dover campaign?

Thanks,

binky9

Low Flyer
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes.

badfinger
12-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes.

Thanks, Low Flyer.

planespotter
12-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I just read the readme (never read the readme) and realised if I turn on a voice info window it will tell me where the enemy aircraft is in the text! English is not my natural so I can never understand what they are saying on the radio. But now I can read it! Hooray. In case anyone else except this idiot did not realise this simple thing. Such as here...

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/whirlybirda2a/Promo/promo00002-1.jpg

d.burnette
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice tip, thanks!

badfinger
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM

If you don't see"redux" and you used the automatic installer, what then?

Binky9

Low Flyer
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
You've probably installed the campaign into your 'documents' folder... I did. :oops:.

Once you've found the 'campaign_gb' folder, copy and paste the contents into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\campaign_gb\

...or run the installer again stipulating the above path.

Up to you if you want to back up the original contents first. I think the majority view is that losing it would be no great loss. :wink:

badfinger
12-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Low Flyer,

I did as you advised, but still don't see the "Redux", although for all I know, I am flying the new version. Iwent ahead and flew four missions. Got two kills, bellied in once and bailed out once. Not the best showing. I guess it was a draw.

I still have to wonder why the instructions said to put the file in the Documents folder. Does that work for some people?

binky9

Low Flyer
12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
According to the mission narratives, are you flying for the 'Fat Cats' squadron? That would be the original campaign.

badfinger
12-03-2012, 02:45 AM
According to the mission narratives, are you flying for the 'Fat Cats' squadron? That would be the original campaign.

Yep. Sure am.

binky9

planespotter
12-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Low Flyer,

I did as you advised, but still don't see the "Redux", although for all I know, I am flying the new version. Iwent ahead and flew four missions. Got two kills, bellied in once and bailed out once. Not the best showing. I guess it was a draw.

I still have to wonder why the instructions said to put the file in the Documents folder. Does that work for some people?

binky9

Not everyone installs the game same place. Mine is on an ssd drive notnin programs folder. So you have to choose yourself where to install. It is said in the readme. If you don't choose then it goes into mydocuments and you can cut and paste it where you want but lowflyer tells where above.

Don't waste time on original campaign it is broken and plot is just stupid. No medals, no promotions.

DoolittleRaider
12-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Really don't want to derail this thread....

Hopefully folks will get back to discussing the Redux campaign....and not, in the process, reveal any Spoilers giving away "surprises" to those who are just starting at Mission #1.

I have flown just the first couple of missions and find this Campaign brilliantly immersive! The briefings and the "Story" are detailed and engaging! The "letters home to family/friends" add a very humanizing touch, much needed in all flightsims/campaigns. The missions, thus far, are interesting and historically seemingly quite realistic.

Thanks to all who created this Campaign..

SlipBall
12-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice! I'm working on a remake of the default campaign too. Rewriting all the briefings in the style of Armstrong & Miller:

So I was all like listening to the wireless and this and that. And this geezer Churchill comes on, and he's all "the battle of France is over the Battle of Britain is about to begin". And I'm like, way to bring the room down man. I just isn't ready for like war and shit. I've got a note and everything....

Sounds more like Jim Morrison words, The doors:cool:

planespotter
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Hopefully folks will get back to discussing the Redux campaign....and not, in the process, reveal any Spoilers giving away "surprises" to those who are just starting at Mission #1.

OK no spoilers but I just want to say am I the FIRST to win the campaign medal?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

OK I had to try three times to get through campaign without dying:

1. Pilot killed by bomber gunner
2. Tried to crash land on water and somasalted
3. Two crash landings and three failed missions but survived and complete campaign with DFC and DSO

What I like: yes the after mission briefing are very good and give a good feeling you are in a big battle, not just your own world. Here I hacked into one and copied I don't think its a spoiler because it just shows the action for the day in the whole of raf, not just my mission

Combat report, Sept 2 1940: CODEWORD CROMWELL...INVASION IMMINENT...ATTACK PROBABLE.

Weather: Fair early morning and evening, cloudy for the remainder of the day.

Day: Slight activity. Some small attacks on airfields.

Night: Heavy raid on London, mainly in the east.

Highlights: Two attacks were made against the South East of England, the first by some 100 aircraft, mainly on the Kentish Coastal districts with a sub-section to Central London; the second by some 30 aircraft which penetrated to the London area and was a prelude to the night attacks in this district.

The RAF flew 305 sorties and shot down 7 enemy aircraft, at a cost of 4 aircraft lost. The casualties in night time raids were 400 dead.

When I saw INVASION IMMINENT I was a little panic. I checked, was actually this a real event and there was a invasion alert 'Cromwell' issued in September and there was. Very good research. Also the number of dead, was tragic.

Also these small quotes I like, of Hitler and Churchill, this one I have not seen before:

And people in England today nosily inquire: Well, why isn't he coming? Calm yourselves! He IS coming. And curiosity killed the cat - Adolf Hitler

I don't like

- I think bomer, stuka and 110 gunners are too accurate it is crazy how many times they can kill the pilot or the engine. Five times I had to land with dead engine.

- Mabe the text messages on screen are too often sometimes. In a dogfight you don't need to know so much how many of your side and how many of the other side have been shot down, it would be better if this just came after you land, not during the fight. Except for missions where you need to make sure not to lose too many bombers or too many of your own fighters.

But this is not much, and maybe the first one is the fault of CloD, not the campaign?

ems9
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Nice! Good job!

Jungmann
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks very much for your good work. Just started Redux, but it breathes new life into what was for me a disappointing game. I'm sure I speak for a lot of players,

Reminds me of campaigns in IL-2, which I always enjoyed.

Jungmann

jamesdietz
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Again great work & not to look a gift horse etec etc...but is there a chance you might be reworking the stock Luftwaffe campaign as well?
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/page5_50.jpg

badfinger
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Not everyone installs the game same place. Mine is on an ssd drive notnin programs folder. So you have to choose yourself where to install. It is said in the readme. If you don't choose then it goes into mydocuments and you can cut and paste it where you want but lowflyer tells where above.

Don't waste time on original campaign it is broken and plot is just stupid. No medals, no promotions.

When I get home tonight, I think I will just load "Redux" in the Single mission folder. That seemed to work for other campaigns I have downloaded.

binky9

planespotter
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
When I get home tonight, I think I will just load "Redux" in the Single mission folder. That seemed to work for other campaigns I have downloaded.

binky9yes thatbwill give you missions but you wont get medals and total kills as campaign goes on I think. Why you can't just put in the cod campaign folder?

planespotter
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Again great work & not to look a gift horse etec etc...but is there a chance you might be reworking the stock Luftwaffe campaign as well?

ask them at airwarfare forum, i ask them there for information

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/forum/26-campaigns-missions-w-i-p-and-latest-releases/1374-redux-raf-campaign#1520

Mysticpuma
12-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I downloaded the auto install.exe version and let it run.

Attached is an image of where it was installed to.

Is this the correct location or do I need to move it into the 1C softclub folder?

I'm just wondering if this is in the right place?

Cheers, MP

SlipBall
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
No that is wrong place Mystic, read page 2 I think...goes in the Steam side of things not the 1c club

d.burnette
12-03-2012, 09:28 PM

binky9

It really is easy to install to the proper campaign location, during the installation process it gives you an example of where it should be. Mine was a little different as I have it installed on a different hard drive than my system hard drive, but all I had to do was point the installer to the steam/steamapps/common/IL-2Sturmovik cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign folder, and it installs and overwrites the campaign_gb folder and files, with the redux campaign.

I have not flown any of the campaign yet, but did launch it and the splash screen did come up showing it was the redux campaign.

planespotter
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I downloaded the auto install.exe version and let it run.

Attached is an image of where it was installed to.

Is this the correct location or do I need to move it into the 1C softclub folder?

I'm just wondering if this is in the right place?

Cheers, MP

As said just cut the campaigngb folder from your mydocs and paste where dburnette says.

1C really buried the campaigns folder...

SlipBall
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM

There is a Blue mini campaign included in this great work, that you can choose to fly

katdogfizzow
12-03-2012, 11:19 PM
sweet! THANKS

planespotter
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
There is a Blue mini campaign included in this great work, that you can choose to fly

Sorry which mini campaign? In redux? I played all missions but didn't see a LW mini campaign??

SlipBall
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Sorry which mini campaign? In redux? I played all missions but didn't see a LW mini campaign??

Sorry I can't explain how to get there, I found myself flying Blue in my favorite ride the E3, and now I can't get back there.

SlipBall
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
OK, I figured it out, in the Redux screen, double click the pilots name on the left side of the page.

planespotter
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
OK, I figured it out, in the Redux screen, double click the pilots name on the left side of the page.

Ah, you jolly joker...

There aint no blue mini campaign ;)

SlipBall
12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Ah, you jolly joker...

Everything that I say is gospel, now get airborne!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/OK.jpg

Low Flyer
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
That's the original German campaign that ships with the game.

bolox
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Alder Angriff is the default Luftwaffe campaign that comes with the game.

Redux in no way alters/adds this campign.

To everyone I'd like to pass on a message of thanks from HeinKill
Thx on behalf of the team, for the kind words. People put a lot of work into this mod because our hope was that it would become the new 'default' RAF campaign for CoD. Our goals would be realised, if a new player comes to this forum and says 'Installed CoD, now what mods do I need?' and the answer includes '...and make sure you install the REDUX campaign for RAF'.

Maybe that's a bit ambitious, but hey, we gave it a try!

H

SlipBall
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
That's the original German campaign that ships with the game.

Just looked for the redux, you are right...my bad:-P

SlipBall
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Ah, you jolly joker...

Ooops, I thought I saw redux logo when I first got in there.:(

Meusli
12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the campaign, I am really enjoying it.

Screamadelica
12-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Fantastic work. Downloaded and installed smoothly. Back in the skies again. Thank you to all involved, great job! :grin:

planespotter
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I am annoyed I could not complete mission 8 even though I have finished campaign. No spoilers but that is a long tough one! So I loaded the missions into single missions folder so I can play each one any times I want, and now I have finally done it!

What devil created that one ;)

rslot
12-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi Planespotter
Having had the pleasure and privilege of beta testing this and can honestly say mission 8 left me with sweaty palms and a sore neck all the times i played through it.

Bolox did a great job on the parameters and its the closest i have been to actually being scared i was going to get bounced before i could land and get mission success. When i say 'land' i don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it through to the end. Best advice is to know where all your cockpit controls are if you don't have them all mapped.

It did get toned down a bit on final release. An earlier version had an inland route which was absolute murder to get through.
I end up flying as fast and low as possible and used the map to dodge the fighters. Not very 1940s and a bit of a cheat, but hey ho, after about 10 times being shot out of the sky needs must.

Good to pass the word that imho the redux is now the default GB campaign.

Thanks again to Heinkill, Bolox and Gabuzomeu

Mysticpuma
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
It really is easy to install to the proper campaign location, during the installation process it gives you an example of where it should be. Mine was a little different as I have it installed on a different hard drive than my system hard drive, but all I had to do was point the installer to the steam/steamapps/common/IL-2Sturmovik cliffs of dover/parts/bob/mission/campaign folder, and it installs and overwrites the campaign_gb folder and files, with the redux campaign.

I have not flown any of the campaign yet, but did launch it and the splash screen did come up showing it was the redux campaign.

Thanks...yes this is quite well buried ;)

Looking forward to playing offline, with what appears to be something worthwhile at-last ;)

Cheers, MP

DoolittleRaider
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
It seems to me that some of these missions, having been crafted around a creative Briefing and "mini-story", would be a natural for ClOD community movie-makers to put together interesting movies. 3/4 of the screenplay has been laid out for them, the Recording is the "performance" by the "actors". The movie-makers could focus on the cinematography and editing, plus narration and/or dialogue.

Again, the work on the creative core idea(s)/plot(s) has been done by the ReDux creators.

imho

planespotter
12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
It seems to me that some of these missions, having been crafted around a creative Briefing and "mini-story", would be a natural for ClOD community movie-makers to put together interesting movies. 3/4 of the screenplay has been laid out for them, the Recording is the "performance" by the "actors". The movie-makers could focus on the cinematography and editing, plus narration and/or dialogue.

Again, the work on the creative core idea(s)/plot(s) has been done by the ReDux creators.

imho

And Mysticpuma is the expert of BoB movies! I love also your BoB2 movies catman.

W1ndy
12-07-2012, 10:58 AM
I am annoyed I could not complete mission 8 even though I have finished campaign. No spoilers but that is a long tough one! So I loaded the missions into single missions folder so I can play each one any times I want, and now I have finally done it!

What devil created that one ;)

Mission 8 is great (rhymes) , and so are a lot of the other ones.

Personal favourite, hunting at night for low level bombers. I use icons to see the enemy, but it is still very atmospheric.

Freycinet
12-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Can't wait to try this after the Christmas break... As Doolitleraider said, there might be some good movies in these missions!

Hood
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Aaaah this looks great, but I cannot download as it is out of bandwith. Can anyone set up a mirror?

Thanks

Hood

bolox
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/4-offline-campaigns/481-redux-modded-raf-campaign

does this link work?

Hood
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes. Thank you.

Hood

Mysticpuma
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I have also added a Mirror to the Redux.exe file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?se2chnbbsxl675x

Cheers, MP

MadTommy
12-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks all sounds great apart from one wee issue... an RAF campaign based around a Yank pilot.. shame, especially considering the political position between US & UK at the time of BoB. Not the US's finest hour. :rolleyes:

Look forward to checking it out.

SlipBall
12-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks all sounds great apart from one wee issue... an RAF campaign based around a Yank pilot.. shame, especially considering the political position between US & UK at the time of BoB. Not the US's finest hour. :rolleyes:

I was wondering the why about that also

Moggy
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM

Actually Tommy, I couldn't disagree more. Although the political situation was not good between the USA and UK at the time (war plan red anyone?), much was made about the American pilots (we even had a detachment of American Home Guards in the UK). When Billy Fiske was killed in 1940, it was heavily publicized and there was even a plaque unveiled at St. Paul's cathedral on 4th July 1941. He's actually buried in Boxgrove, just north of Tangmere where he was stationed.
I think a BoB RAF campaign about an American pilot is a nice touch, although it could of been made about any of nations involved in the battle.

planespotter
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Actually Tommy, I couldn't disagree more. Although the political situation was not good between the USA and UK at the time (war plan red anyone?), much was made about the American pilots (we even had a detachment of American Home Guards in the UK). When Billy Fiske was killed in 1940, it was heavily publicized and there was even a plaque unveiled at St. Paul's cathedral on 4th July 1941. He's actually buried in Boxgrove, just north of Tangmere where he was stationed.
I think a BoB RAF campaign about an American pilot is a nice touch, although it could of been made about any of nations involved in the battle.

The campaign is inspired on a real US pilot, not a fictional one. So even it takes that into account, because the pilot had to go to Canada to enlist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_W._McColpin

As for why, I think I read on Simhq that the mod crew looked at the unit for the default campaign 607 Sq, and then looked at famous aces of that squadron to make their story. There was only a couple of choices and his was the most interesting.

I thought it was here, but there is more on Sim HQ:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3664420/Re_Coming_soon_modded_stock_RA.html#Post3664420

Roblex
12-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Surely this makes him even more worthy of our thanks, he was willing to come over and help us even though his country was still saying it was not their problem.

planespotter
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
My new year wish: a Luftwaffe REDUX by these same guys.