PDA

View Full Version : Totally stumped in my movie making...

Freycinet
11-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Trying to dabble a bit with the track viewer in CoD, but that is a total no-go it seems to me.

When I try to look at a track in the in-game track viewer, shouldn't I have the view from the cockpit? - I just see some moving water and nothing else, no way I can get the view from inside my plane...

Searched the web for a CoD track viewer FAQ but there is no such thing. Seems the community really has given up on this sim. And of course no documentation from the developers, but that goes without saying, with Oleg and Ilya at the helm of the project...

Good that there is much more fun stuff in life than making CoD movies, because that really is no fun at all!

Mysticpuma
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Try Shift+ F2 at the start of playback, or F2 or Ctrl+F2. Once you can see an aircraft, you should be able to get into your cockpit using the default controls.

Let me know if this helps, cheers, MP

Freycinet
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Inexplicably it just started working after maybe ten tries... By then it was too late for any moviemaking today, tho, so maybe next week, but probably not. With CoD anything is really an uphill struggle, which is why only a few diehards have taken to the sim.

I'd still love to see a Track viewer FAQ. It is sorely needed.

Freycinet
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
MP, it helped and along with some other help I got at the ATAG forums I'm progressing, so thank you!

DoolittleRaider
11-25-2012, 11:30 PM
I just built my new Rig, so I am once again finally back into flight simming (FLYING) CloD, and RoF....after 18 months away from it with an old Rig that couldn't work at all with teh new gen sims.

Re-installed ClOD from Steam, RoF from RoF, on to new Rig.
Set ALL Settings at Maximum level, just to see what happened....and...Both run perfectly smooth...not a hint of a stutter, graphics/visuals astounding, FPS reported by FRAPS as outrageously high.

That's the good news. The Bad news is the totally incomprehensible GUI and Settings and other interface of ClOD with the Player/User/Flyer. I'm spending days reading FAQ's (some old/outdated, etc) and Forum posts/threads trying to get Keys and Axes set, learn the ClOD idiotic interface to set up (and/or eliminate) INFO Screens, etc. Finding out, for example, that it seems you cannot turn acft Icon/ID text on/off mid-game. Also scrambling just now to find out how to get back into Cockpit view after going just Once to 'external view'.

At least I didn't have to deal with all the Major Bugs of ClOD over the past 18 months, which I assume/understand have been fixed.

Right now, I am hunting down the latest info about Hakenkreuz enabling....it seems I'll need to find 3rd party Skins (which are always better than stock 1C skins anyway).

I'm just rambling now. Thanks for listening.

My New Rig:
GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H mobo
INTEL i7-3770K 3.50 GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 4GB
ASUS VS247H-P 24" LCD monitor

CORSAIR 240GB SSD
2TB 7200RPM HDD

LOGITECH Z506, 5.1 speaker system

Freycinet
11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Wowsers, impressive rig! GREAT that you are back in simming!

For me the CoD setup was pretty straightforward, but setting all the keys is a pain and especially remembering them. Make sure to save to an .ini-file of your own name and to keep a safety copy of it. Also remember to click apply for the changes to take effect.

I can send you my .ini-file if you want. They also have some good documentation at airwarfare.com for key combos and all that.

The CoD gui is terrible, but once you get thru an initial period of grief and despair the sim is more than worth it.

DoolittleRaider
11-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I can send you my .ini-file if you want. They also have some good documentation at airwarfare.com for key combos and all that.

I''ll browse at airwarfare some more. Meanwhile, your INI file might be helpful, thanks. I assume you are referring to your confUser.ini in the 1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder....correct?

Freycinet
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Here´s the airwarfare info:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/20-manuals/452-cliffs-of-dover-key-command-kit-v1-0

Away from my home comp right now, but I´ll get you the ini-file...

Freycinet
11-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Here's my ini-file... Just rename to "something.or.other.ini"

It is in C:\Users\XX\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

I don't think it is especially good but at least it could be a start.

My methodology is to use shift- and ctrl- as "open" and "close" modifiers. So, open radiator is shift-R and close radiator is ctrl-R. You can do whatever, but it works for me...