11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
See it here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36155

planespotter
11-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Cool vid

juanjo
11-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I follow all your videos...indeed I tried to do one with the same style for my friends, but i came up with a huge file with low quality. Which video editor do you use? How can I compress the video with good quality?...ant tips?
Super funny videos those of yours!

Freycinet
11-23-2012, 07:46 PM
hola juanjo,

I capture the videos directly when I fly the missions, using MSI Afterburner (freeware). Then I edit them, minimally, with Windows Live Movie Maker (freeware).

Do I come across as a scrooge? ;-)

Hope this helps.

juanjo
11-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Hola Freycinet ! yeah I did it the same way but.. somehow I had to reduce the quality a lot in order to upload the video for sharing..it was huge.
Well, congratulations...your videos are really funny and I like very much the filter for old radio you use in this last one.
cheers !

Continu0
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Great video, like it!

Your shooting is getting better!

If you hit the radiator of a 109 I would say there is a 80% chance that it won´t make it home to france, so you could really have let that 109 in the beginning go...:)

Freycinet
11-24-2012, 04:59 AM
I mainly followed him down for the visuals, catering to you people who watch the movie... :-)

Freycinet
11-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Hola Freycinet ! yeah I did it the same way but.. somehow I had to reduce the quality a lot in order to upload the video for sharing..it was huge.
Well, congratulations...your videos are really funny and I like very much the filter for old radio you use in this last one.
cheers !

I use the radio filter in the last four or five vids. My capture files can be up to 20 GB, then I reduce quality in Movie Maker to perhaps 5 GB before I upload to youtube, which can take a couple of days on my connex... The pure capture avi's are sumptuous comparedto the final youtube vids. And it seems to me that there are much more artifact errors in them lately, so maybe youtube started using a faster and worse conversion tool on uploads... Is vimeo better, I wonder?

DUI
11-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Very entertaining video!
Normally, I like seeing Hurricanes and Spitfires go down, but in this case I would have made an exception... ;)

Freycinet
11-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I plan on flying for blue in my next vid... :-)

nadasero
11-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I use the radio filter in the last four or five vids. My capture files can be up to 20 GB, then I reduce quality in Movie Maker to perhaps 5 GB before I upload to youtube, which can take a couple of days on my connex... The pure capture avi's are sumptuous comparedto the final youtube vids. And it seems to me that there are much more artifact errors in them lately, so maybe youtube started using a faster and worse conversion tool on uploads... Is vimeo better, I wonder?

Hi Freycinet,

Great Video, as always.

The sizes of your videos are different from what I typically get.

I capture the videos with Fraps and this gives about 30 GB for 10 minutes of video. I have used Movie Maker and now I'm using Sony Vegas to create the final video. Both are reducing the size of a 10 minute video to approximately 1 GB. My version of Movie Maker (2011 build 15.4.3538) produces only wmv files but no avi. In Vegas, I'm using MP4-Files "HD 1080-60i (1920x1080; 29,970 fps)". Until now, I didn't got artifact errors.

I'm not sure but it is possible, that you can get much smaller videos and shorter upload times with even better quality if you check your Movie Maker version or play a little bit with the output formats.

nadasero

Freycinet
11-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your nice words and for the info!

I actually have no problem with the Live movie maker wmv-file size and upload time. I just let it upload in the background till it finishes. The main issue I have with quality is youtube's rather crappy conversion of my uploaded movie. The wmv looks finer, but after uploading to youtube there are lots of pixelated "drop-outs". Annoying, and getting worse, it seems to me. I guess they are preparing a "premium service" with nicer upload quality for money sometime in the future...

I like Windows Live movie maker for giving me the option to define my own specific upload quality. I am going for 1080p, 30fps for my next movie, but I don't know what kind of bitrate I should go for. Any idea? 8000, 16000, 64000 kbps?

nadasero
11-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I like Windows Live movie maker for giving me the option to define my own specific upload quality. I am going for 1080p, 30fps for my next movie, but I don't know what kind of bitrate I should go for. Any idea? 8000, 16000, 64000 kbps?

Unfortunately, I don't have the Movie-Maker Files any more, but I'm sure I used the default High-Definition Setup which seems to be 24000kbps.

He111
11-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Condors are basically fuel tankers, they should have blowup after 1 or 2 bursts.

maybe change ammo type in your dream to Max-Blasto-Firey-Deatho-DepletedUranium shot ?

Freycinet
11-25-2012, 12:01 AM
HEHE... - Well, perhaps they didn't attack South England with a full fuel load...

Killing condors in Hurricanes wasn't as easy as you think, tho. The catapult-launched Hurricanes launched from merchant ships had a hard time downing them:

http://books.google.be/books?id=GUIQMw6dAq0C&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=eric+brown+hurricane+condor&source=bl&ots=1E96kI5uEc&sig=Bz_tWHz6oCelePPYzBmr-NNewvI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=L22xUMjpDuqx0AXznYDoBA&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=eric%20brown%20hurricane%20condor&f=false

- "Blowing up" happens more in the movies...