PDA

View Full Version : How do you write a brief?

Richie
11-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Yes how do you write a brief in Cliffs Of Dover missions. I'm to much of an idiot to figure it out.

bolox
11-18-2012, 04:21 AM
This is based on SP

in fmb with your mission loaded. click on the edit tab, from the drop down menu click briefings.
A briefing box will open, click new, yet another VB box opens, select briefing type from drop down menu, click yes. In RHS of briefing box type in your text(make sure you have description tab selected;) ). Click save and save your mission. You do this for each type of briefing you want to use, eg info,mission, failure etc

If you want to be clever click the slide tab then click the rhs NEW button, 1/1 should appear in top box. To the right of the second box down is a square button, click this to browse to the pic you want to use, click open and your pic should appear. Add text to the caption box if required. Save. I recommend keeping pix in same folder as missions for campaigns to keep everything together. you can use more than 1 pic;)- just click new button again.
Sound tab- not really played with this but similar to adding pix- doesn't work for campaigns apparently

briefing types
success and failure are pretty self explanatory
Info appears when click on single mission in game menu
rest- use as you wish. for instance you can 'assign' a briefing to specific planes- select group you want briefing for and R click to bring up properties tab, click the plane tab you wish to have a briefing for. Select briefing you wish from drop down box, save. This will present this specific briefing to that plane before flight.

Briefing files can be opened with notepad and text pasted in (useful if you have a wall of text). When done click SAVE- not save as.

This enough info to get you going?

Richie
11-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Going to try it after I get back from work. Thanks bolox :)

Richie
11-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Hmm. Not working. I did exactly like you said in the first paragraph. This is a Siege At Malta dogfight mission where I'm using the Isle Of White as Malta and a moving convoy. The mission works just no brief.

bolox
11-18-2012, 09:50 AM
you can 'assign' a briefing to specific planes- select group you want briefing for and R click to bring up properties tab, click the plane tab you wish to have a briefing for. Select briefing you wish from drop down box, save. This will present this specific briefing to that plane before flight.

maybe this bit?- I normally use the 'mission' brief assigned to player.

If you are still really stuck pm me the mission and I'll see if i can 'fix it