PDA

View Full Version : Orcs campaing items problems !

RCata
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi , so I'm just taking up the OOTM campaing and I seem to have a problem with the items. Im running an impossible no loss warrior and I just got to Scarlet Wind. Problem is I just spend a TON of gold on Ghost Blade and Shovel items.

problems:

Shovel enhances the tooltip of treasure hunter (4 chests and 2 objects ) but I only have 3 green dots (chests) in EVERY battle. I tested this in 10 battles , never had I had 4 greens.

Ghost Blade:

So my 5 paladins deal ~100ish damage to a stack of Assasins without Ghost Blade equiped and they deal exactly the same 100 dmg with it. The min-max value are EXACTLY the same when I hover my mouse over the enemy.

50% + of 100 should be 150. Tested this again on several ocassions. This seems to happen only with items of OOTM new items , old items work just fine.

This is very frustrating because:
1. I spent tons of gold and had to run with 1/3 leadership army to do it. It was excrutiating to fight so many battles on imp. no loss like that. I figured the sacrifice would be worth it once I get the items. Imagine my expressions when I figured out they dont quite work.
2. Serious issue if new items dont work...it would suck big time.

Please help me with this ,I'm so frustrated right now.

Fatt_Shade
11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
First mistake you made is buying items before having full army. What good is great weapon, if there is no one to benefit from it ?

First and foremost is securing you win battle, then worry about bonuses for army and medals/full maan-rage pool and such.

Second out of battle what does Digger rage skill says ? If it`s 4 chests/2shrines and in battle you have only 3 chests then move around your units, it`s possible that some of your stacks are standing on chest green spot. And do quick dig check in first turn before any units move to see how many green/red spot you see.

Third ghost sword doesnt give enemy units -50% physical res , but 50% of their basic value. So for your example assassins have basic physical res 0%, remove half of it 50% = half of 0 is still 0 so they stay on 0%.
But if you attack lets say horseman who have basic phy res 20% you`ll lower it to 10%.
Ghost sword is total crap item, i`m sorry to say you wasted gold on it :-(

RCata
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
First mistake you made is buying items before having full army. What good is great weapon, if there is no one to benefit from it ?

First and foremost is securing you win battle, then worry about bonuses for army and medals/full maan-rage pool and such.

Second out of battle what does Digger rage skill says ? If it`s 4 chests/2shrines and in battle you have only 3 chests then move around your units, it`s possible that some of your stacks are standing on chest green spot. And do quick dig check in first turn before any units move to see how many green/red spot you see.

Third ghost sword doesnt give enemy units -50% physical res , but 50% of their basic value. So for your example assassins have basic physical res 0%, remove half of it 50% = half of 0 is still 0 so they stay on 0%.
But if you attack lets say horseman who have basic phy res 20% you`ll lower it to 10%.
Ghost sword is total crap item, i`m sorry to say you wasted gold on it :-(

Yes,tested the blade on some ghosts. They have 25% resist with it equiped. Thanks for clearing that up. You can imagine why I though it would be great. I thought that it actually lowers all enemies resist to physical dmg by 50%. So 0% would be -50%.That would be a great damage boosts for all my units. Poor item description I guess.

Anyway by digging 3 - 4 times a battle the gold really never was a problem for me , only problem was the struggle to fight with such a low leadership army.

Anywayz,thanks for clearing things up.