PDA

View Full Version : [mod] Extended skills and awards

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 04:33 AM
No TXT files this time; I did not have time to write them up.

One extends the skill levels to 5, the other extends the award levels to 5.
The award mod also fixes this bug (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=476612&postcount=309):
"Guardian" award - While the hint appearing above this award says that this award gives resistance to all types of damage, it actually does not give any resistance to 'glacial' and 'astral' damage.

Just put the appropriate kfs file in the <King's Bounty>\SESSIONS\ADDON directory and you're done.

In case you use other mods, these are the ones you need to watch for conflicts:
Extended skills modifies these files:
- skills.txt

Extended awards modifies these files:
- addon_rewards.lua
- medals.txt

Since I cannot possibly test all these in-game, feedback on balancing would be appreciated.

Fatt_Shade
11-02-2012, 09:35 AM
@Csimbi Hello man :-)
I saw your posts on this topic in AP/CW and 5th lvl skills are interesting, and they worked with no problem. But my question is about medals, did you change files simply in notepad (or any similar program), or did you use editor to gain 4 and 5 lvls for medals, because that was necessary for adventure/red sands mod who changed medal lvls.
I tried to change medal spell required life iron warrior, fire mage and such and couldnt implement those changes without editor (which was bugged like hell in previous games).

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I did it manually, using a text editor.

Rudi
11-02-2012, 05:43 PM
the spell counter hint doesn't seem to work for guardian/iron knight medals
above lvl3 (see screenshots) possibly for others with complex variables/spell casting counters

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I did not achieve any lvl4 awards yet, so I didn't test this.
But, answering this question should help:
Do you know whether the award's effect takes effect despite of the hint dialog not working?
If yes, ignore; I ditched the game for now because of the crashes and other bugs. Quality is low compared to previous titles.
If no, it's won't work even if I fix the hint in the future; it would means that entire mod defunct anyway.

Rudi
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
tested, by setting the next lvl to 1 casting and didn't work (even on a new game level up to 3 then stops). it's hardcoded somwhere
(mentioned in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22725). Anyway no problem ,I'm also taking a brake from the game right now.

Csimbi
11-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Well, maybe after a few patches this might get working, too ;-)
Thanks for testing and reporting back.

Fatt_Shade
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
For skills to have 4/5th lvl`s you need to change also eng_skills.lng in loc_ses.kfs archive. because there is part of skills that are displayed in hero screen, and your 4/5lvl`s wont be available with just skills.txt changes.
Implement changes in your eng_skills_ext.lng into that file maybe game will accept them after that.

And couple Q :
1) Skills :
- endurance 4/5th lvl dont give any bonuses
- rage ready you make random orc unit lvl 1-6 get bonus adrenalin at start of battle (there ARE no 6lvl units)
- icy rage you have 1255 chance for your units to freeze enemy on hit . . . how do you even get something above 100%
- blood lust 85% permanent rage pool ?
- 35% for ally units to get 100% bonus attack, for 2 rounds , 100% crit with 100% more dmg from crit hit ... seems a bit overpowered
- runic power 100% bonus dmg from rage skills, with 100% chance to use it 2 times per turn

- weakness lore you give wrong bonus for ally crit% , pars=9%,9% and then in filter you give 7% crit bonus ?
- inspiration again same as weakness lore, bonus in pars and filter part arent same for 3/4/5 lvl`s
- tactics only skill i like change, -initiative to enemy but -2 for whole battle is to much, better make it just for first 2 turn on 5th lvl.

- linguistic +15 intellect, a bit much ?
- alchemist -90% crystal cost for upgrading spells ?
- accuracy you make skill that allows player to destroy items up to 7th lvl (param1) ,and create items up to 6th lvl (param2) with recipes.
- creator spells last +5 turns (param2) (blind,fear,slow ... ?)
- destroyer 90% dmg bonus AND 15% crit for spells.

2) medals :
- headhunter 5th lvl need 90 heroes killed. there are NO 90 enemy heroes in game
- dragon slayer 400 killed for 5th lvl ? is there so much dragons in game to kill ?
- mental executor/talented warrior need 500 enemy stacks killed with spells/rage skills !?
- fire_mage 5th lvl bonus is 65% in medals.txt , but in eng_rewards_ext.lng it says 60
- trapper max lvl give 5 traps, with +400% dmg
- vampire slayer need 13000 killed vampires ???
- holy knight 900 spells to get +5 attack/defense/initiative to 3 units (who would waste time on that)
- stupid/undead slayer 450 stacks killed for undead no prob they are all over this game, but 25 orc i`m not so sure
- blind rage 49000 rage used for 5th lvl, you`re kidding right ?
- strategist 5th lvl +4000 lds is a bit much, and 400 battles won with no losses, i`m not sure if there is that much battles in whole game (theLegend was around 330 , AP/CW 350 max)

I said this before to your mod for AP 5th lvl skills medal is interesting, but check what are you giving as params or rewards in medals before just simply slapping numbers in txt files (like 125% chance to freeze in icy rage skill, why would you need more then 100% for it?).

Csimbi
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
For skills to have 4/5th lvl`s you need to change also eng_skills.lng in loc_ses.kfs archive. because there is part of skills that are displayed in hero screen, and your 4/5lvl`s wont be available with just skills.txt changes.
Implement changes in your eng_skills_ext.lng into that file maybe game will accept them after that.
No, you don't.
The reason its that all strings are the same from level1 to level3, so instead of providing the same strings all over again for level4 and level5, I simply referenced the level3 strings. This way, there won't be localization issues and will work for all languages.
Well, would if there were no level cap at 3.