PDA

View Full Version : How do i copy objects from one mission to another?

MadTommy
11-01-2012, 04:10 PM
As the title says.

How do i select a group of objects, copy them and paste them into another mission?

Or merge two missions.

I'm sure this is possible, I've even done it myself ages ago.. just can't figure it out

The lack of documentation is really beginning to piss me off. Nothing is obvious or explained in this ******* mission editor.

No1 Cheese
11-01-2012, 05:34 PM
l for you bud,im coming up with the same simple probs every time i go in FMB.
Sorry cant help but will look forward to replies.

Cheese

FG28_Kodiak
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
ALT+Left mouse select the opjects right click save, then you can paste it into an other mission right click on the map and load.
Or open the mis-file with an editor copy the section you wish and then paste it into an other mis-file.

MadTommy
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
ALT+Left mouse select the opjects right click save, then you can paste it into an other mission right click on the map and load.
Or open the mis-file with an editor copy the section you wish and then paste it into an other mis-file.

Does not work like that of me.

Alt + left mouse button - drag over objects.

Right click on map i get a choice of:
Copy to file
Paste to file

I assume it is 'copy'.

Select Copy to File, this opens a dialog box where you can choose a file.

I select the file/mission i want to copy to, and the dialog box closes.

I then load the file/mission i tried to copy to, and the file has nothing in it, nothing is copied. If i right click I get the choice of Paste From File, selecting this i end up selecting the file i'm trying copy from and nothing happens again.

Grrrrr FFS! Clearly i'm missing something.. but your instructions make no sense in relation to what i am seeing.

Thanks for any help.

FG28_Kodiak
11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Works for me without a problem.
ALT+Left mouse button to select the objects, btw this doesn't work for actors only for statics, maybe this is the problem.
Then right mouse click save to file.
Then open another mission right click and paste from file, thjen the objects should be at the mouse pointer position.

If you open the saved file with a editor you should look like (example)

spawn Stationary.Ammo_Vehicles.2cmFlack38_composition1 POSP -0.530 0.636 0.001 POSO -230.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT nn EXTPARAMS
spawn Stationary.Environment.SandBagWall_Arch POSP -1.563 1.164 0.000 POSO -210.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT nn EXTPARAMS
spawn Stationary.Environment.SandBagWall_Arch POSP -1.153 -1.876 0.000 POSO -135.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT nn EXTPARAMS
spawn Stationary.Environment.SandBagWall_Arch POSP 1.247 1.914 0.000 POSO 60.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT nn EXTPARAMS
spawn Stationary.Environment.SandBagWall_Arch POSP 1.717 -1.866 0.000 POSO -45.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT nn EXTPARAMS
spawn Artillery.20_mm_Flak_38 POSP 0.284 0.030 0.000 POSO -165.000 0.000 0.000 REGIMENT de EXTPARAMS /timeout 0/radius_hide 0

BTW i use a german version of the game so i don't know hows things exactly labeled in an english version. If you don't like my help i put you on my ignore list, so it would not happen again.

MadTommy
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
If you don't like my help i put you on my ignore list, so it would not happen again.

I am grateful for any help, just frustrated with the FMB. Hence i thanked you for your help. So i don't understand your comment regarding ignore list.

But Copy to file does nothing for me. I'm trying to copy a set of statics making airbase templates. Clearly i am missing something.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok using an editor is an easy workaround. I've managed to copy/integrate much better that way. Cheers fo r the tip.

FG28_Kodiak
11-02-2012, 04:17 AM
I am grateful for any help, just frustrated with the FMB. Hence i thanked you for your help. So i don't understand your comment regarding ignore list.

Seems i've misunderstand your post. Never mind ;)

MadTommy
11-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Seems i've misunderstand your post. Never mind ;)

I was just very frustrated with the FMB. And this spilled into my post tone.

Ok i understand what I was doing wrong.

You can't actually copy and past from one *.mis mission file to another. You actually need to copy the objects to a NEW file that you create. And then you paste from that file into your mission.

This is the critical step i was missing. Which was causing much frustration. :evil::rolleyes:

Cheers.

JG26_EZ
11-02-2012, 07:56 AM
When in the mission builder, you can copy and paste by selecting the group with alt+Lmouse, then use Ctrl+C to copy, and then Ctrl+V to paste. Not sure if this works from map to map, but worth a try (fewer steps).

S~

MadTommy
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM
When in the mission builder, you can copy and paste by selecting the group with alt+Lmouse, then use Ctrl+C to copy, and then Ctrl+V to paste. Not sure if this works from map to map, but worth a try (fewer steps).

S~

I did try that, it does not seem to work. i think the clipboard gets emptied when you open a new *.mis

TBH creating a 'template' file to then be pasted in to a different *.mis is fine.. at least it works. It seems to be the only way i can do it.

Thanks.

planespotter
11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
ALT+Left mouse button to select the objects,
Then right mouse click save to file.
Then open another mission right click and paste from file, thjen the objects should be at the mouse pointer position.

The above is correct. Right click to save as a file. You need to give a name eg 'group of ships', then open your other mission, right click and choose paste from file. You should see a list and 'group of ships' will be one of the things on the list. I think naming your group is the step u r missing.