PDA

View Full Version : WOTN rushed in your mouths!

Razorflame
10-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I have to admit I was eagerly awaiting a new KB game. I had really high hopes for this game. With new units/abilities/spells. But sadly it all died in the week I played it.. I am assuming the devs surely rushed this game into the public. Be it lack of time or cash w/e

Since there are not alot of new units(given the time they had after CW)
My point of view is they focused too much on the viking race. (hence the RINSE AND REPEAT battles till after the 4th island. Some BOSSES are RIDICOULOUSLY hard to kill (even with a good setup or wanderer scroll)
also the most linear game story from ALL KB games. making this game so less interesting to play.

On top of all that the Game has ALOT of bugs random crashes some quest that are near undoable cause of bugs etc etc

some skills aren't looked into properly (i mean just see how many complaint there are just on this forum)

All in all this game didn't live up to the gamers expectations(at least the ones that played the former ones) so for new gamers this might be fun to play. But for the veterans this clearly is not. I also find it quite amusing they didn't do anything with the interface mods that are around (camera mod etc)

All in all we can all hope for a GOOD patch or hope for some modders to fix it before they do. But untill then I will prolly not play this game any longer

it's way too repetetive and linear and some things in this game are just ridicoulous

I am very dissapointed in WOTN it could have been so much more....

zjazd18
10-31-2012, 09:53 PM
It's probably weakest of the KB games, but i still enjoy it very much, but just not as much as the others.

My main issue are bugs, bugs EVERYWHERE, skills not working as intended or not working at all. Idea of being stuck with
Vikings units at the begining wasnt bad, but u are stuck for around 150 battles, which gets pretty boring.
Also there is problem of dificulty, game instead of getting harder or atleast staying the same difficulty gets significantly easier the further u go.
Overall there are some interesting changes and if they fix all bugs, and add maybe some variety to the starting area - units and enemies this will be a good game.

Loopy
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Mechanically (new skills, units, items, etc) I love WotN. Everything else is just a bit of a step back from AP. The bugs I don't care much about, I'm sure those will be fixed soon. Limited unit variety and being confined in the first few islands probably isn't going to change though, and those are disappointing.

camelotcrusade
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Mechanically (new skills, units, items, etc) I love WotN. Everything else is just a bit of a step back from AP. The bugs I don't care much about, I'm sure those will be fixed soon. Limited unit variety and being confined in the first few islands probably isn't going to change though, and those are disappointing.

+1

Khornn
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Every time the game crashes I think it's telling me to take a break and read the KB forums, so I do that, then continue. :)

tiberiu
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
All in all this game didn't live up to the gamers expectations(at least the ones that played the former ones) so for new gamers this might be fun to play. But for the veterans this clearly is not.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy WOTN very much even bugged as it is.

it's way too repetetive and linear and some things in this game are just ridicoulous

It's called King's Bounty gameplay. :)

I am very dissapointed in WOTN it could have been so much more....
With this I agree, the battles are not challanging enough considering you have spells, amulet, valkiries, equipment, and random bonuses vs creeps that no bonuses and mediocre AI.

Zechnophobe
10-31-2012, 11:54 PM

With this I agree, the battles are not challanging enough considering you have spells, amulet, valkiries, equipment, and random bonuses vs creeps that no bonuses and mediocre AI.

You are correct, it could be a bit more challenging. Hmm, maybe if you imposed some sort of restriction on your play style, like not using Rune Mages and/or winning fights without ever having losses, that might spice it up? Maybe trying to finish the game in the smallest amount of game time?

Razorflame
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM

the first four island are very repetettive

the rest is ok

You have to repeat every steap in first four islands or get gooD RNG

to get the skills/runes/spells u need to kill the first 3 bosses and later on the spider

it's just SICK

DGDobrev
11-01-2012, 05:54 AM
I'd have to agree. None of the KB games so far have been that restrictive. It feels like 1C is rebooting the series, turning KB into a "Who's best?" race, forcing the players through bottlenecks at some points. Much of the creativity is gone. Nothing subbed the ability of devising your own strategy to win the game that KBAP presented. It is very satisfying to win the game your own way - and to hell with the score...

Still, I am not giving up yet. Gotta see it through once, and then I will wait for the patches. Besides, I have XCOM waiting for me too... Those damn aliens are tormenting my beautiful planet again...

tiberiu
11-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Hmm, maybe if you imposed some sort of restriction on your play style, like not using Rune Mages and/or winning fights without ever having losses, that might spice it up? Maybe trying to finish the game in the smallest amount of game time?

I played AP, CW with 20-round restriction (if any battle gets to round 20 I delete my save game and consider the game lost. This makes some exploitable battles unwinnable in a too early stage.)

Units that I play without are all no-retals, droids, ghosts,inquisitors, green imps, all lvl 5 units, all lvl 4 units that are overpowered (demonologist for example i think was the most ovp of all lvl 4s in AP, ok, Deatk Knight is ovp, but he's at least melee and is not summoner)

Amongst spells that I ban from my game are sacrifice, time back, ressurection, phoenix, phantom. There are others too but don't come to mind right now.

Gold being too much on AP/CW, I played with "lvl up-tax". That means, on leveling I was forced to waste an amount of gold (buying some horde unit and then dismissing it) that was equal to (hero lvl -1) *1000.

I had found playing AP/CW much more entertaining for me. After I finish my first playthrough on WN, where I play using everything available to rape the game, I'm gonna play by these rules.

Razorflame
11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I played AP, CW with 20-round restriction (if any battle gets to round 20 I delete my save game and consider the game lost. This makes some exploitable battles unwinnable in a too early stage.)

Units that I play without are all no-retals, droids, ghosts,inquisitors, green imps, all lvl 5 units, all lvl 4 units that are overpowered (demonologist for example i think was the most ovp of all lvl 4s in AP, ok, Deatk Knight is ovp, but he's at least melee and is not summoner)

Amongst spells that I ban from my game are sacrifice, time back, ressurection, phoenix, phantom. There are others too but don't come to mind right now.

Gold being too much on AP/CW, I played with "lvl up-tax". That means, on leveling I was forced to waste an amount of gold (buying some horde unit and then dismissing it) that was equal to (hero lvl -1) *1000.

I had found playing AP/CW much more entertaining for me. After I finish my first playthrough on WN, where I play using everything available to rape the game, I'm gonna play by these rules.

How the hell did this work for a no loss?

you literally are killing all your chances for a no loss (no resu or w/e by spells or unit abilities)

and there are like 4 BOsses which will give u incredible losses

Colbert30
11-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Most likely, he wasn't. He considers the concept stupid and thinks tough battles should have cassualties.

tiberiu
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Most likely, he wasn't. He considers the concept stupid and thinks tough battles should have cassualties.

Exactly.

barsuks
11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah i thougth i can play with such crashes and others bugs, but when got last valkire in that second time content (Alaria i think) explored more then half of map and was saving after 1-2 fights constantly because affraid of crashes. And guess what it crashed (not in fight( first time to me)) and save was from start of this content. So saves didnt saved? wtf ? piss me off i will wait for patch too.