PDA

View Full Version : Cant reset the default controls

specta
10-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi all ) New to this game and forum , Enjoy the game lots so far )) :grin:

Would be greatfull is any one can help me with this problem i changed the controls on the cam views. And now i cant swith back to cockpit view in flight once i have changed to the external cam , I have it mapped to F1 but it does nothing and i am stuck in the external view.

I searched the forum and tryed the fixed for resetting controls back to default , deleted all user configs files etc and in game controls are still the ones i set.

I unistalled the game twice and deleted every file connected to the game in the steam folder and my documents ,And much to my surprise when i reinstall it my custom keybindings are still there? were is this game storeing this data on my pc , deleted my documents and all steam data ?

I dont know what else i can do and i cant play the game until i can reset these controls , Any one know what i need to do ? :confused: Never played a game with no reset for keybindings are controls so its all new to me.

Thanks

Ataros
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
It sounds like it syncs with the Steam cloud. Try switching Steam cloud off.

Controls are stored in Documents/1C Softclub/IL-2 folder. If you delete files from there they are reset. You can also save controls setup as a file at other location. Maybe this is what you did? Than load the default file from the above folder.

specta
10-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks Ataros :grin:

You were correct settings were stored in the steam cloud , i disabled it and reinstalled the game and controls are now back to default .Have saved the defualt setup to file so i can just load it up myself if i mess up in future .

So much to learn with this sim its going to be a good challenge to fly it on realistic settings :) Graphics and planes cockpits all look great so much detail

Again thanks for the advice :)