PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Problems - Logic 3

Bikerjack
10-22-2012, 08:01 AM
I killed my joystick at the weekend.

For weeks now I have been getting problems with joystick set up for smooth flying. The control column in the cockpit would move without me touching it and so I was constantly adjusting my angle of bank and rudder trim. I thought it was what some of you refer to as "lag" or even "stutters" and would have to learn to live with it. Trying to line up on a 109 or bomber was nigh impossible.

Then I noticed that the controller settings in the stick software/test/adjustment program would sometimes fail to centre the stick movement and also slowly drift to one side on aileron control. Tried loads of different settings in CLoD Axes to try to cure it. Reboots and reinstalls. Still no good!

Anyway, took the thing apart to see if I had a hardware problem or dodgy wiring. Nothing was evident. Put it back together and everything was much the same.

So, being an impatient sod, I bought a Saitek Cyborg Fly5 'cos that was all they had in PCworld - a bit "futuristic" for my taste.

Set it up and flew on Sunday and it was a different experience. Smooth flying and absolute control was a joy!

The moral of the story is "you get what you pay for". The Logic3 just wasn't up to the task but, to be fair, it had taken a hammering over the past few months! Obviously the "sensors" or mechanical parts on the joystick X and Y axes had failed.

Now in the bin!

One question. There is a small "wheel" control on the Cyborg just under the view button. I tried to set this up for elevator trim but CLoD wouldn't accept it? Anyone got one of these sticks and can advise?

Thanks