PDA

View Full Version : COOP/ Multiplayer Mission Problem

[J4F]Thunder666
10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
hi,

I have reference to the Declaration PDF "missionmakingfordummies.pdf" trying to create a coop mission which is playable with friends online.
Unfortunately, I have not succeeded, so here are my questions to the topic.

First, I have created 2 armies (UK / Ger). So far so good.
Now I have created 2 spawn points, red and blue.
So it was explained in the PDF. Then just follow the waypoints for AI topic.

So I saved the mission and started as a server. In the lobby, I can now choose a side (red / blue).
But I can not select an aircraft, since none is in the list. What is the spawn points are good then? If not for the player?

Next, I added 2 aircraft blue. After selecting the site, I can now select a plane in the list. But I can not fly again.
The plane is an AI. If I "fly" on press I can see her no more.

What am I doing wrong?

Nowhere explained in the PDF I have to first create a player aircraft?

Do I create a player aircraft, although I can get on a plane. But how can other players connect? One can only select a plane for players!?

Have tested it with a friend. I was able to fly with the "player aircraft. He could not select any.
In addition to others, waypoints and other objects are not visible on the map in the briefing.

Am very confused and ask for help :confused:

KG26_Alpha
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
If its the Channel Map it wont work in CooP mode.

If its one of the other other maps afaik CooP mode works in all of them.
So post the contents of the .mis file for the mission here for some help.

[J4F]Thunder666
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
If its the Channel Map it wont work in CooP mode.

what ??? why not ?

now I'm very disappointed ! That was one of the reasons why I bought the game.

Does it perhaps one of the "COOP scripts" that exist here in the forum ?

Coops were with the majority of IL-2, if that does not work anymore, that's all ...............

I can only hope it is patched. These are really very bad news :( and :evil:

greetings

5./JG27.Farber
10-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Was this made using my pdf? Downloaded from airwarfare?

COOPs were never included in the scope of that document. So essentailly you must make a dogfight. Never have I included the player tick box for anything other than testing, so essentailly its "dogfight" multiplayer. Luthier explains coop exists but doesnt explain how!? - if it does exist it doesnt exist how it used too!

There is a COOP script by 92nd Sqd Banks... But I have no experience of it!

FG28_Kodiak
10-06-2012, 04:19 AM
It's also possible to create Coops on Channel Map without problem. :rolleyes:

salmo
10-06-2012, 04:21 AM
When you created the spawn points, did you put in the number of allowed aircraft into the box towards the bottom of the spawn point properies page? If this is set to Zero, you won't be able to select any planes?

FG28_Kodiak
10-06-2012, 05:42 AM
The best would be you post your mission, so we can take a look on it ;)

[J4F]Thunder666
10-06-2012, 04:35 PM
@5./JG27.Farber: yeah was made by your excellent PDF. So the PDF Mission is only for 2 Guys(Dogfight) ?

When you created the spawn points, did you put in the number of allowed aircraft into the box towards the bottom of the spawn point properies page? If this is set to Zero, you won't be able to select any planes?

@salmo: Of course I set the option to 2 player since I wanted to build a coop for 2 players. Now it seems to me as if I did not need the spawn points for the Coop.

It's also possible to create Coops on Channel Map without problem.

@FG28_Kodiak: sounds good ! :grin: but how ?
ok i can Post my Mission, but the better Way is you give me(us) a little Lesson "how to" create a Coop !?

ok I have attached a simlpe mission which I use to get to know the ME and how to make Coop's. I am very curious Kodiak! :)

Grüße

KG26_Alpha
10-06-2012, 06:43 PM
It's also possible to create Coops on Channel Map without problem. :rolleyes:

Well they don't work in the channel map intended coop mode as the other maps do.

:rolleyes:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=466754&postcount=202

FG28_Kodiak
10-07-2012, 07:34 AM
But you can place Players in existing Planes. And block planes players should not use. Normaly i use two "methods". First i use a spawnplace players can create their planes, after that the Mission-Host can select/start the mission. Friendly KI is supporting the Players if nessesary (depens on the player numbers) :rolleyes:
Second i place the Players in existing Airgroups (the player can change the plane if he like via Mission menu).

5./JG27.Farber
10-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Thunder666;467480']@5./JG27.Farber: yeah was made by your excellent PDF. So the PDF Mission is only for 2 Guys(Dogfight) ?

Well you could place a spawn for you guys and take off or airspawn from it and start your "coop" from there.

Coop certainly does not work as it used to...

[J4F]Thunder666
10-07-2012, 12:13 PM
that means I have to put a spawn for each player?
Only a spawn or a plane for each player?
Must be my plane still marked as a player?
Do I need two armies?

It is the principle which meant Kodiak?

It's also possible to create Coops on Channel Map without problem.

Can someone please be so kind to me a simple mission to adhere to this principle that I see where my mistakes are? Would be really grateful.

Actually I've tried exactly that, but it only works for me. The client does not have anything else, and waypoints can select as no planes.

thanks in advance,

Greeting Thunder

[J4F]Thunder666
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
It's the little things that destroy so much.
"Change of aircraft" was disabled. now it seems to work :grin:

tvm Guys

Greeetings Thunder