PDA

View Full Version : Need Help identifying certain Skin parts!

Matze81
09-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Hey guys.

I'm working on a skin and I'm practically done, but the fine tuning is driving me nuts! :evil:

I'm using JG26_EZ's Template (Thanks a lot for that one buddy!!! :grin:) which includes a layer to help identify certain parts of the skin, but I'm having problems with a few very tiny parts I cannot make out using this layer.

Screenshots attached.

Any help would be appreciated (and would keep me sane ... er ;))

Edit:
So, basically I need to know where those tiny parts are located on the 2048x2048 skin file, in order for me to change their colour as needed.
1. screenshot: yellow tip of pitot(?) boom
2. screenshot: little green part on that bulge

JG26_EZ
09-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I can't pin point it at the moment because I'm on the run..
If you download this skin, you will see the pieces you are looking for are more defined and easier to locate.. (I've been meaning to update the template to make it even easier)

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/78-bf-109-e1/448-bf109e1-8-jg52-red7-1940

If you haven't found it by the time I get off work, I'll pin point it for you. (11 more hours to go)

...and I know what you mean re: fine tuning. ;)

SG1_Lud
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi Matze81:

What you can do in the meantime is the following:

resize the template so the cells are as small as you need, and either fill the entire zone with instances of the resized pattern, or put it in the zone you want to fine tune. Has worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Matze81
09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks for your replies guys!

EZ is that the correct link? It's JG52 Red 7!
If I find the parts in time I'll post it here. If not I appreciate your helping me out!!!

@At SG1_Lud
Man I was thinking about making a Layer with a smaller grid myself, but then I didn't really know how to go about it. But you're right I can just shrink EZ's nice Layer and apply it to the area I suspect to be the correct one. Due to the color coding on that layer I do have a rough idea already.
Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!

Thanks for the tip!

JG26_EZ
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Coffee break... Red 7, yes. It has some objects outlined that I remember.

JG26_EZ
09-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Now I feel bad...

I just took a look and I can't remember where it was lol.
Here's an image that might help in the search.. It contains the objects mentioned Re: Red 7.
When this skin is run through IL2, both of your objects appear red.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/ClODskins/Parts.jpg

Matze81
09-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I finally located both of the areas I was looking for plus another glitch (second screenshot). The tip of the pitot boom was quite easy to find by coloring EZ's red skin parts, but the little area on that bulge on the bottom right wing was a bit challenging.

I finally figured it out, but only to realize that this glitch cannot be ironed out completely.

Attached is the tiny area (yellow arrow; first screenshot) split up in lime green and blue colour.
Unfortunately the blue part is visible on the top AND on the bottom of the wing so there will be always a tiny bit of miscoloring. Either you have a few pixels of the top colour on the bottom side or vice versa.

But I mean it's not a big deal, I just wanted to figure it out. I made "millions" of screenshots of cool skins I downloaded before and never even noticed that little glitch until I started skinning myself.

So, take it for what it's worth. Maybe it's helpful for somebody!

Thanks for helping me figure it out guys!!!

checkmysix
09-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi Matze81
If I cant find a certain part of a Template even with 'Panel Finder'
I then create a new Layer and call it say 'Markers' then I look to see what the colour of the
part is in 'Panel Finder' in your case Bright Yellow and Light green and then in the Paint Pallete select very Bold colours and then with paint brush set to a fairly Small Size add random dots[different colours] all over the Bright Yellow and Light green areas of 'Panel Finder' then go into 'Plane' viewer and see which colured dot has marked that area.
Keep doing this until you mark the panel you want.
Takes a little time But it works
Regards
Keith;)

JG26_EZ
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
You should post your two discoveries at this link that I started a while back.
It's for the Bf109 and those hard to find areas. Maybe it'll help someone in the future.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33313

Matze81
09-29-2012, 08:44 AM
@checkmysix
Thanks for the advice, that's actually a very good way to do it. I came up with a similar idea just the other day because it was just so painful to track this tiny area down exactly! Instead of dots I used thin multicolored stripes, because I thought with that I also get a directional clue. But it's the same principle.

@JG26_EZ
Will do! I just need to get my screenshots together, because I'm working on two different PC's.