PDA

View Full Version : Close the forum until people calm down?

planespotter
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Just an idea.

It seems at the moment every second thread gets locked. Why not give the entire forum a holiday until the patch is released?

This is a serious suggestion.

Rowddy
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
+1

Ibis
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Could be a long wait.

Feathered_IV
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm calm. Most other people seem to have got it out of their system after the first few days too. As Ibis said though, could be a pretty long wait otherwise. ;)

LoBiSoMeM
09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Yes, close the forum and please stop selling this unfinished game until it's properly patched and finished.

Just that. :(

Majo
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Another priceless sentence for the keeping.

"Why not give the entire forum a holiday until the patch is released?"

At the same level that some others written these last few days:

"(Luthier) MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF WITH THIS NEW FLIGHT SIM EXPERIENCE."

"yeah it sucks that this game was left hanging".

Salutes.

skarden
09-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Why can't people just cam down of their own accord ? we are for the vast majority grown and apparently sensible adults, although to be honest I think that yet again, its the vocal minority making a ruckus and stiring people up for no real reason at all, things like the idiotic accusations of dodgy business models, as if it was 1C plan all along, which anyone with half a brain and who has ever had anything to do with actually running a business see's it for the stupidity it is are just as I said, idiotic not to mention groundless.

Some people here seem to have a short memory about the original IL-2, it took MANY patch's and MANY years to get it too the amazing sim it is today.

There are sooooo many great sims out there I don't know how people can get wound up about just one, ROF, DCS, FSX, IL-2 1946 are just a few, go play some of those, each is easily worth your time and money, and will keep you busy for a VERY long time, this sim will get there just as IL-2 did.

And for gods sake show a little maturity.

ATAG_Snapper
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Why can't people just cam down of their own accord ? we are for the vast majority grown and apparently sensible adults, although to be honest I think that yet again, its the vocal minority making a ruckus and stiring people up for no real reason at all, things like the idiotic accusations of dodgy business models, as if it was 1C plan all along, which anyone with half a brain and who has ever had anything to do with actually running a business see's it for the stupidity it is are just as I said, idiotic not to mention groundless.

Some people here seem to have a short memory about the original IL-2, it took MANY patch's and MANY years to get it too the amazing sim it is today.

There are sooooo many great sims out there I don't know how people can get wound up about just one, ROF, DCS, FSX, IL-2 1946 are just a few, go play some of those, each is easily worth your time and money, and will keep you busy for a VERY long time, this sim will get there just as IL-2 did.

And for gods sake show a little maturity.

+1

pstyle
09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Folks can be incredibly critical AND remain calm.

Is prefer the forums stay open there's still plenty of really interesting ongoing discussions that I am keen to see progress. it'd be a shame to temporarily terminate them.

kristorf
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
To be honest with ourselves most threads are destroyed by a few of the 'usual suspect', we all know who they are, so why close something that the vast majority abide by??

SlipBall
09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Usual suspects?... that guy of long roots in the community:-P

Pudfark
09-18-2012, 03:01 PM
This is the essence of the forums and I keep it at the forefront of my thoughts, " The developers constantly post on this site. The members of this forums want good rapport with the developers. "

To suggest that the forums "close"?
Seems like the wrong direction.

I'm not real happy at this time. I'm calm about it.
Like everybody else, I'd like to know some things.

So far, most folks have been very civil. :)

Tree_UK
09-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Usual suspects?... that guy of long roots in the community:-P

Yep, thats him.

raaaid
09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
i dont mind how crappy the game is my support depends on weather i can fly over the pyramids

can fly over the pyramids 100% i buy it

cant 40% i buy it

anybody knows if the pyramids will be in the expansion?

raaaid
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Yep, thats him.

tree congrats youre an archetipe

the prometheus the rebel

a perfect person for a chaotic and unfair world

ATAG_Snapper
09-18-2012, 03:35 PM
i dont mind how crappy the game is my support depends on weather i can fly over the pyramids

can fly over the pyramids 100% i buy it

cant 40% i buy it

anybody knows if the pyramids will be in the expansion?

I don't believe so. Sounds very much like the sequel will be based on the Russian front (Operation Barbarossa).

Many of us shared your desire for a N.Africa/Mediterrean theatre, but it's not to be, it would seem. :(

JG52Uther
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
To be honest with ourselves most threads are destroyed by a few of the 'usual suspect', we all know who they are, so why close something that the vast majority abide by??
Sums it up for me really. A lot of people visit the forum every day, many more than you would think. A vocal minority are not going to spoil it for everyone else.

_YoYo_
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Or close to till next patch will be ready, this official via Steam.

kristorf
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Or close to till next patch will be ready, this official via Steam.

But then how will people know it's ready, especially if they have uninstalled the game until the mythical 'fix' is released?

Pudfark
09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Sums it up for me really. A lot of people visit the forum every day, many more than you would think. A vocal minority are not going to spoil it for everyone else.

That will always get my positive vote.
Well said. Much appreciated.

raaaid
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
oh im glad before i looked like a dnagerous troll

now after the last news of just one more update im just a funny innocent clown :)

furbs
09-18-2012, 05:13 PM

I would bet my house most of them are just as disappointed as me.

SlipBall
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Yep, thats him.

:)

kristorf
09-18-2012, 05:23 PM

More than likely mate, those that don't have rose tinted glasses (and maybe some of those that do) know we have been sold a duff product with no end in sight to rectify it.
But we have the common sense and possibly the maturity to voice opinions without getting personal or inflamitary (most of the time anyway ;))

bongodriver
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Is your house nice?

raaaid
09-18-2012, 05:34 PM
i think if i have the money ill still support the game

after all the dev team looks like the average joe working hard for the cash

but plz make it the mediterranean

kristorf
09-18-2012, 05:43 PM
but plz make it the mediterranean

That would be my wish as well, soooo many areas to work on, be it Greece, Tunisia/Libya, Palastine, Crete etc

Adlerhorst
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I get so confused. I can't keep track of who is on what side -- fanbois, hater, usual suspect, vocal minority, silent majority, PITA???? I don't have time to read every day yet I am here most days and what I need is a scorecard -- like Flea would do -- so I can pigeonhole (not a rude condition) everybody without drilling through a lot of aimless drivel. So in the absence of CLOD to Mod would some skilled soul who knows the players make a cheat sheet for the rest of us? To make it more interesting there could be a feature so the Community (and I use that term loosely) can agree or disagree with the categorizations. :rolleyes:

Mysticpuma
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
tree congrats youre an archetipe

the prometheus the rebel

a perfect person for a chaotic and unfair world

I think of tree as the Monolith in 2001 a Space Odyssey ;) (I think of that as a good thing ;) )

furbs
09-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Is your house nice?

Do you think the majority of people who have brought COD are happy with their purchase and state of the sim?

Have you seen the numbers online?

bongodriver
09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you think the majority of people who have brought COD are happy with their purchase and state of the sim?

Have you seen the numbers online?

Nah mate....just wondered if your house was nice...., but on a serious note I have never claimed nor implied or even eluded to a state of mass euphoria among the wider COD community, I just believe that a majority believe that at some point things will be put right, in my oppinion better late than never and I believe people are working hard to ensure the 'never' happens with the constant.....well you know the word by now.

furbs
09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Nah mate....just wondered if your house was nice...., but on a serious note I have never claimed nor implied or even eluded to a state of mass euphoria among the wider COD community, I just believe that a majority believe that at some point things will be put right, in my oppinion better late than never and I believe people are working hard to ensure the 'never' happens with the constant.....well you know the word by now.

A year ago you would be probably be right, now i think not.

Toni74
09-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Just an idea.

It seems at the moment every second thread gets locked. Why not give the entire forum a holiday until the patch is released?

This is a serious suggestion.

Yes PLEASE! I was suggesting this before and almost been banned for it.

JG52Uther
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
It is what it is. Most people, although unhappy currently, don't feel the need to constantly go over the same things ad nauseum.
With that, the forum is not going anywhere, so its best to end this here.