PDA

View Full Version : maddox.sound runtime error

salmo
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Can any of the coding guru's suggest why the code below fails with a 'sound not part of maddox' runtime error when I run this script with a mission. Seems like the compiler doesn't recognise that maddox.sound is referenced in my project (but it is). No errors show up in C# express.

code removed by author

FG28_Kodiak
08-30-2012, 05:36 PM
//$reference parts/core/sound.dll
didn't work?

BTW The "new" soundengine is in fmodex.dll and fmod_event.dll, it's from a 3rd party developer http://www.fmod.org/ may be this is the problem.

salmo
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
The sound.dll is already referenced, and yes, it didn't work. I'll try the FMOD components instead. Thankyou

salmo
08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
New (similar) problem :( I can reference the FMOD namespace in my project, and use it's classes & methods without any apparent error in C# express. However, I get a "the namespace FMOD could not be found" console error when the mission runs. I tried to add a reference to fmodex in the c# project but that "could not be added". Help!

code removed by author

UPDATE: Fmod is unmanaged C++ and thus can't be referenced directly into .Net. You have to use the FMOD wrapper. Now I'm looking for the wrapper.

UPDATE: Found the wrapper, imported the cs files into my project, but now there is an 'incompatible' error between FMOD for CLOD & the fmodex classes in the wrapper :(

Is there a way to reference FMOD in C# express projects?

hc_wolf
08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Bump

ATAG_Colander
08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
If you are trying to play a non standard sound on the client (player's) machine, I'm afraid that will not work.
You will end up with the sound being played on the server which, if running on your machine, will make you thing is coming from the client.