PDA

View Full Version : My MGs won't operate in multiplayer

lonewulf
08-22-2012, 03:04 PM
For some reason my MGs won't shoot when I fly on a server. My 20mm cannon work fine, but I can't get the MGs to shoot. I've tried mapping the function to a different key and reversing the mapping for the MGs and cannon but still they refuse to shoot. This is a new problem by the way; they used to work just fine.

I have been mucking around with the belts and I was therefore wondering if it's possible to inadvertently switch the guns off somehow. I've tried reverting to Default but no dice. When I fly in S/P the problem doesn't appear.

Has anyone experienced this problem or know what I may have done to stuff things up?

Ze-Jamz
08-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Cant fix or any but save your config file for your controls only and reinstall, it may be a quicker fix plus it will clean your game up a bit :)

pupo162
08-22-2012, 11:40 PM
make sure you are taking MG's.

go into the weapon selection thing where ty ucna change tracers and bombs and make sure you have the MG selected.

it works on offline, becouse the above doesnt work offline. :grin:

Untamo
08-23-2012, 09:08 AM
S!

Yeah check that you haven't mistakenly disarmed the MGs from your plane in the loadout screen. Also, check the Guns tab that you have something in the belting, otherwise you have the MGs but no ammo :)

And in game, try to click the MGs button on the control column using mouse, if the guns fire, you have some problem with your joystick or button bindings.

lonewulf
08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks. As it turns out, I must have done something wrong in 'loadout' as has been suggested. I went back in and 'clicked' on this and that, and changed the default setting etc for the guns. At one point neither my MGs or cannon were working!! So I resorted to my usual approach and just started feverishly changing things at random and in an ever more panic stricken kind of way :(. Eventually my persistence paid off and both weapons sets re-activated. I still have no idea why:confused:.