PDA

View Full Version : New Movie - Legend Lives On by Scottnmegs

scottnmegs
08-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Been bored on holidays so decided to make a short dedication type film to the spitfire and the brave pilots flying it.

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=761_ikb4P7c

Ibis
08-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Shame about the "music".

IvanK
08-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice job ... be nice with some Vera Lynn sound track.

ATAG_Snapper
08-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Great footage and excellent editing and post processing. I do find the music selection distracting and, for me, takes away from the overall effect. The camera work was very well executed.

5./JG27.Farber
08-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Meh the music is always bad on holiday. ;)

Pitti
08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Great footage and excellent editing and post processing. I do find the music selection distracting and, for me, takes away from the overall effect. The camera work was very well executed.

Same for me. Nice camera work but the music doesn't fit.

[RS]Boomer
08-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Very nice shots and well put together. But like others have stated, the music does not fit very well. This these type of game videos need classical/movie soundtracks to go with them. At least that is my opinion.

DoolittleRaider
08-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Nice job ... be nice with some Vera Lynn sound track.

The Movie is quite nice, Scott...I think better than your "It's a Pilot's Life". I especially like that you try to tell a story of some sort in your movies, which is lacking in most of the ClOD movies which are very exclusively focussed on constant combat action. I look forward to seeing your next movie.

As for the music, it's always a matter of the Movie creator's choice, so please take the suggestions in this thread objectively. I've found that posts in this forum about ClOD movies are always intended to be constructive and helpful.

For anyone interested, just to get a sense of the different feel which music selection creates, click here Well Meet Again (https://www.dropbox.com/s/axb00k4vfluhaj6/VeraLynnWellMeetAgain.wav), then download and play the song while the movie soundtrack is Muted.

scottnmegs
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the comments, I have learnt a lot for the camera effects and post processing recently, I have now got the motion somewhat smoother than before. I appreciate the comments about the music, its never going to please everyone (dare to be different) but I will use something more fitting in the next movie. Next one will be a tribute to the 109 or something of the like. If anyone can suggest good music with that in mind please feel free to pass it on.

I can handle any comment, in my line of work I need an incredibly thick skin so all feedback good and bad can be only used to make the next movie better, thats how I look at it anyhow.

@ Doolittleraider - a movie must have some sort of storyline otherwise it is nothing but random video clips placed together;), I have upgraded my editing software and am learning it quickly. I was pleased to be able to get some of the scenes in that clip looking lifelike. I especially liked the shot of the spitfire rolling over and dissapearing out of the bottom of the screen. To me that looked awesome (lifelike).

Finally the main point is, without a simulation of this quality any movie like this or any others would not be possible. Without the graphics and eye candy the movies just wouldnt be the same. Sure it has its issues but its on the right track now (every game has things people dont like). Big thumbs up to the creators!!