PDA

View Full Version : Refueling

stm_God
08-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Would it be complicated to include refueling and repairs at home base so one could use the same plane as long as possible?

salmo
08-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Would it be complicated to include refueling and repairs at home base so one could use the same plane as long as possible?
It's not possible to script RRR at the moment.

hc_wolf
08-14-2012, 01:33 AM
The Dev team are quite clear that they will not allow it in the future also. ... Maybe in 3 years.

skouras
08-15-2012, 10:33 PM
it would be great at least we had a keystroke like CTRL-R to rearm our guns once we landing or something simiral:)

Gourmand
08-18-2012, 07:07 PM
or ground control command ( tab option )

need Rearm refuel repair , message for dev : add this functionnality !!! :-x

5./JG27.Farber
08-19-2012, 10:47 AM
The turn-around time (re-arm and refuel) for the Spitfire was 26 minutes, while the Hurricane's was 9 minutes, which increased its effectiveness.

Really want to wait for that?

Plus its not possible to do with a c# script and 1cMG has said they are never going to implement it.

So its never going to happen.

Gourmand
08-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Plus its not possible to do with a c# script and 1cMG has said they are never going to implement it.

what do you care about this functionnality ?!?
if you don't want just not use it... but not argue against
il2 46 mod allows this feature, not with realistic time, but it forcing pilots of online campagn to return their base safely for having the chance to returning to combat with limited plane...
if you doesn't want this feature just play presently :???:

we now the C# script doesn't have functionnality to change fuel rate...
i think, for dev, making a Plane_Rate_Fuel(id_plane, percent) is not insurmountable and i hope this function exist, but not visible with public function

Hauptmann109
10-16-2012, 04:06 AM
It's called "restart" :grin:

ATAG_Bliss
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
We'll have refuel and rearm on the server soon. :)

Mysticpuma
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Strange such a simple request is so complicated (it appears) to implement? Another development currently has this working really easily. Just land at base...sit still for 1 min (bit less, but go with it) and then you can take off....repaired and re-armed....why that is so difficult is anybody's guess?

Appears quite simple to me.

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Doc
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Haha simple!

ATAG_Colander
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
I believe he meant "simple for the devs". However, they have many higher priorities than adding this functionality.

Additionally, in real life it takes a minimum of 25 mins. to refuel and rearm an airplane. I doubt, if simulated properly, many people will be willing to sit on a plane for that long :grin:

GF_Mastiff
10-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Attrition!!!!!

salmo
10-18-2012, 04:53 AM
Strange such a simple request is so complicated (it appears) to implement? Another development currently has this working really easily. Just land at base...sit still for 1 min (bit less, but go with it) and then you can take off....repaired and re-armed....why that is so difficult is anybody's guess?

Appears quite simple to me.

Cheers, MP

Not as simple as you might think. It's taken the coders some time to figure out how to do this because the dev's have not provided any easy method in C# that exposes the required code.

salmo
10-18-2012, 04:57 AM
I believe he meant "simple for the devs". However, they have many higher priorities than adding this functionality.

Additionally, in real life it takes a minimum of 25 mins. to refuel and rearm an airplane. I doubt, if simulated properly, many people will be willing to sit on a plane for that long :grin:

RRR would never have times paralelling real life for the reasons you state. RRR is only "representative" of refueling, repair by delaying reflying for a short (few minutes) period. The advantage is that scripting can then restrict number of planes so players are "forced" to fly more like real life and safe their airframe by making returning to base a priority.

4./JG53_Wotan
10-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Like everything else in this game r / r / r times should be scaled to fit the mission.

When I land I can get right back up in a brand new Bf 109 in less then 10-seconds. In a game where most servers allow an endless supply of aircraft it makes no sense what so ever be against an r / r / r option.

Using Zuti's MDS in Il-2 '46 mission makers can set r / r / r times how they wish. They can make r / r / r objects "destroyable" so if hit there is no r / r / r etc. On some servers they allow r / r / r at predesignated forward airfields etc...

Including some of these options into CloD would only help to improve the game by giving server admins and mission makers greater options in how they want to run things.

Wotan

Ribbs67
10-19-2012, 07:08 AM
It always blows me away how narrow minded some people can be!...??? Wonton has nailed it on the head.. scale it to fit the mission. Your right!..no one is going to want to sit for 25 min while their trusted steed is RRR.. but come on guys ..really? Be realistic and use some common sense. Scale it down to like 2-3 min..possibly depending on how much damage you have sustained.
To get people to use it, will be up to the server admins and mission makers. I personally cant wait untill it is in effect on the ATAG server! When Im all shot up and nursing my crate back across the pond, while alluding half of the Luftwaffe(which is quite often) ;) will feel ten times better when i can have the same aircraft RRR and back in action! S!

ATAG_Colander
10-19-2012, 03:15 PM
This narrow minded person was only pointing out why he narrow mindedly thinks the devs have not included it in the game.

Ribbs67
10-21-2012, 01:56 AM

Sorry Colander...I should have included a quote with my post. It wasn't directed toward you. This quote is what struck a cord with me..
For the life of me, I cant figure out why people would not want it. And to dismiss the idea just because its not 100% historically correct is unbelievable to me. I realize everyone want the sim to be as close to historical as possible ..but come on.. would anyone really not want a feature like this because in reality an aircraft could not possibly be loaded and repaired that quickly? If you answered yes, then why not pay full price for the game, and you only get one virtual life... If you are killed in game.. then that's it. Log off and uninstall the game...game over! it just needs to be adapted and integrated into the mission with a reasonable time limit.

Farber.. If I have misinterpreted your post, I apologize....It just seems that some people lose site of the big picture and take the whole "historical" stance a little to far.:rolleyes: We don't need to have virtual pilots sitting around for 25 min to RRR when it takes an average of 4-5 min to just re spawn a new aircraft. On the other hand ..if there was a penalty for losing aircraft.. and you could RRR an aircraft in slightly less time 3-4 min lets say.. wouldn't that be a great worth while feature? :cool:

5./JG27.Farber
10-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Sorry for the late reply but I never saw this. :-P

First things first:

Like everything else in this game r / r / r times should be scaled to fit the mission.

When I land I can get right back up in a brand new Bf 109 in less then 10-seconds. In a game where most servers allow an endless supply of aircraft it makes no sense what so ever be against an r / r / r option.

Using Zuti's MDS in Il-2 '46 mission makers can set r / r / r times how they wish. They can make r / r / r objects "destroyable" so if hit there is no r / r / r etc. On some servers they allow r / r / r at predesignated forward airfields etc...

Including some of these options into CloD would only help to improve the game by giving server admins and mission makers greater options in how they want to run things.

Wotan

You guys fly mostly COOP against the AI as far as I am aware not multiplayer... What happens in coop I dont care but multiplayer is totally different... In fact people using RRR in MP would proberbly just get vulched.

Sorry Colander...I should have included a quote with my post. It wasn't directed toward you. This quote is what struck a cord with me..
For the life of me, I cant figure out why people would not want it.

Strange cos I am the same but opposite I can work out why you would want it?! This is a sim, everyone screams for realism and recreation of reality... So why would you want arcade game stuff?

And to dismiss the idea just because its not 100% historically correct is unbelievable to me. I realize everyone want the sim to be as close to historical as possible ..but come on.. would anyone really not want a feature like this because in reality an aircraft could not possibly be loaded and repaired that quickly? If you answered yes, then why not pay full price for the game, and you only get one virtual life... If you are killed in game.. then that's it. Log off and uninstall the game...game over! it just needs to be adapted and integrated into the mission with a reasonable time limit.

Its about being realistic... Its not realistic to RRR in 2 mins flat and take off again.

Farber.. If I have misinterpreted your post, I apologize....It just seems that some people lose site of the big picture and take the whole "historical" stance a little to far.:rolleyes: We don't need to have virtual pilots sitting around for 25 min to RRR when it takes an average of 4-5 min to just re spawn a new aircraft. On the other hand ..if there was a penalty for losing aircraft.. and you could RRR an aircraft in slightly less time 3-4 min lets say.. wouldn't that be a great worth while feature? :cool:

What about the RAF that had 2 ready aircraft for every pilot? Can you imagine it? - "No sir stay were you are, dont worry about those redied aircraft behind you we'll patch this leaking bucket up and rearm her and fill her up!" I can't...

Im not the only one^

We'll have refuel and rearm on the server soon. :)

A brave move but what could this add or improve over refly? ATAG already have "something" working but only if you have some ammo and fuel left which is still not working and is still not rolled out as far as I am aware... I just don't understand RRR, thew only reason I could understand you want it is if a particular aircraft was limited and you wanted to hang onto it...