PDA

View Full Version : FreeTrack Window Closes CloD to Taskbar

RASmith1030
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Hello All,
I am experimenting with FreeTrack and I am getting great results in Rise of Flight. However, in CloD, the Camera Control window keeps opening, and when this happens, it forces the CloD window into the taskbar.

I tried searching through the forums, but I could not find a solution to this problem.

Hopefully one of you guys could help me out.

Thanks, RAS

RASmith1030
08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Well, after a lot of trial and error, I made some progress. I can run Freetrack with CloD in Pseudo-fullscreen mode, but then I can't use V-sync. Therefore, I get a lot of screen tearing.

Also, I get a lot of voice-induced stutter. To eliminate that, I tried Gamebooster. Gamebooster is turning something off that helps the stutter problem, but then I get lower frame rates. Maybe assigning CloD to a different CPU Core will help.

I am going to continue to try to optimize my parameters, maybe someday I will get this setup to run smoothly.

I highly recommend Freetrack, especially for Rise of Flight. That Sim runs very smooth and the head-tracking experience really enhances immersion.

At first, I was disappointed by CloD. But now, I can see that it is truly a groundbreaking flight sim. I love it now, and if the community hangs together and supports it (financially), I am sure the Devs will solve the problems.

Please let me know if anyone can help with any of the issues I'm still experiencing.

Thanks, RAS

Untamo
08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
S!

Weird problem. Is this Camera Control windows FT's window or the camera software's?

I too use FT and my CloD sometimes (maybe once for every 10 play sessions, so quite rarely) jumps to desktop for no apparent reason, but there is no FT windows open there. I have it minimized as a tray icon.

RASmith1030
08-17-2012, 07:12 PM
When I was first learning how to use FreeTrack, I would iconify the FT window and the Camera Settings window. As you said, FT would sometimes go to the task bar, and the Camera Settings window would be open. I later found out that it seems not to happen when I use the joystick for control inputs. Also, it seems to help if I kill the "CameraHelp" process in Task manager.

Now I am able to enjoy trouble free flying with FreeTrack. I really like it, glad I finally set it up.

Thanks for the response,
RAS