PDA

View Full Version : You *can* increase combat / treasure finding speed as fast as you'd like

hapveg
07-30-2012, 02:58 PM
It's fairly easy to increase the speed of any animation in Armored Princess, but it has to be done for each individual unit.

I've attached a zip which has speed increases for a lot of units, but not every unit. I've only boosted the speed of units I've met on islands 2 to 4, since it can be sometimes hard to work out which filename refers to which unit (peasant.atom obviously is the peasant, but the Inquisitor is called priest2.atom, and I've not been able to find the name of the Royal Thorn).

Currently 21 of the more common creatures have been speed boosted, and most of the pet dragon abilities have been speeded up too (including digging).

More animations will be made faster as I encounter them (I'd rather not increase the speed of units I haven't encountered, since I'd be unable to test the changes).

Instructions on how to speed up other units / how to install the mod are below.

Pro guide:
Unzip the attached file into your mods directory. I'd recommend you keep the included files in data/mods/speedmod/ instead of just data/mods/ since there are so many files. That will boost pet dragon abilities and over 20 units.

To boost the animation speed of other units:
In data.kfs there are many .atom files, find the atom file for the creature you want to speed up, then look in the animation section, and increase the last number on each line (after the colon, I just normally multiply it by 10).
To speed up pet dragon abilities, check the animations section of pet.atom

Help! I've never modded before guide:
Navigate to your game folder (for Steam users: probably C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess)
Go into the data folder.
Make a new directory called "mods", unzip the attached file inside the mods folder.
That'll boost the speed of 20+ units and your pet dragon.

To speed up the animations of other units:

Start Menu - (Appearance and Personalization) - Folder Options - Untick "Hide extensions for known files"

Navigate to your game folder (for Steam users: probably C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess)

Go to the data folder

Rename data.kfs to data.zip

Double click data.zip

Copy peasant.atom to the mods folder

Rename data.zip back to data.kfs, or your game will moan when you start it

Use notepad to edit the peasant.atom file in your mods folder

Find the section which starts with "animations {"

Look for the common actions, like attack, move, start, stop, lturn and rturn, each of them will look something like:
move=peasant_move.bsa/fr:25:50
change it to
move=peasant_move.bsa/fr:25:500
and your peasant will move 10 times faster

Test it, then repeat for each unit in your army.

Sirlancelot
08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Does this change affect outside combat speed movement as well? Because that could be a very interesting approach to slightly improve the challenge of the game in a simple but effective way... what about if you couldn't avoid some battles?

hapveg
08-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Nope, this only affects the animation speed of units in combat.

I think the out-of-combat movement speed can be changed, but in a different file.

For example, "archmage.atom" has all the unit abilities and the in-combat animation speed, but "army_archmage.atom" seems to have the out-of-combat data (including turn_speed, walk_speed, run_speed, aggro_sound).

I've only modded the in-combat animation speeds, so can't say how accurate the "army_archmage.atom" hunch is.

MattCaspermeyer
08-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I've attached a zip which has speed increases for a lot of units, but not every unit. I've only boosted the speed of units I've met on islands 2 to 4, since it can be sometimes hard to work out which filename refers to which unit (peasant.atom obviously is the peasant, but the Inquisitor is called priest2.atom, and I've not been able to find the name of the Royal Thorn).

Royal Thorns use kingthorn.atom - let me know if you have any others that you'd like to know (I pretty much know all the names...)

Matt

/C\/C\

RCata
11-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Does this work for Kings bounty Crossworlds version of the game ? I'm playing Armored princess but I really dont know how to install mods there.

MattCaspermeyer
11-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm guessing not, because most of the ATOM's are different. The changes, though, can be implemented in the CW ATOM's, though...

Does this work for Kings bounty Crossworlds version of the game ? I'm playing Armored princess but I really dont know how to install mods there.