PDA

View Full Version : Regia Aeronautica bombs Hawkinge! - New CoD video by me...

Freycinet
07-16-2012, 01:05 PM
http://www.flightsimvids.com/Regia.Aeronautica.bombs.Hawkinge.500px.jpg (http://www.flightsimvids.com)
(Click image for my movie web site, this movie is the top-most of the fun vids...)

I'm back online in "Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover", flying on the ATAG server. The Regia Aeronautica certainly gave me a warm welcome, but they got some pay-back a while later... :-)

An amazing thing about attacking planes in CoD is that there are literally hundreds of damage modes. Every time you attack the enemy the result is different. I think you can really see the difference here, between the first and second bomber I attack. Must have gotten a lucky hit with the first one! (It doesn't happen often). With the puny British .303 machine guns you usually need to give the enemy a good peppering, and even then you won't make catastrophic damage.

Flying online in CoD is just about the best fun you can have (with your pants still on...). I hope it shows in the video.

My online videos are usually recorded on the server of ATAG, http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/
On the ATAG server you can meet new people from all over the world... - and shoot them down in flames! It is a great place and I highly recommend that you try it out.

Hope you like this vid: comments very welcome. Oh, and tell others about my Channel if you think it is worth it...

Finally a big thanks to my fellow pilots in ATAG and to ATAG_Colander who made the amazing WWII radio mod for Teamspeak. I love the retro sound of it!

pstyle
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
nice vid. chatter as good value, nice to see the coordinated attacks on the bombers,.

Couple of questions:

1. what guns setup you using? 4 tracers? with separate vertical conversions on some guns?
2. How come when you fire, your aircraft doesn't appear to yaw all over the place? When I fire, my machine always jumps around like a toddler on a trampoline...

Freycinet
07-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Didn't even know it would be possible to have separate conversions on the guns... Maybe that is the cause of your yaw issues?

I just have a good mix of different types of ammo, and then added tracers on the 1, 4, 5 and 8 guns.

ATAG_Snapper
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
EXCELLENT VIDEO!!!!!!

It depicts EXACTLY what we all experience flying online at ATAG. Even with Colander's excellent WW2 radio voice utility, I clearly recognized JTDawg, Ohmie, and XE90 -- fellows that I've flown with dozens of times.

As a bonus, for the very first time my iPad is picking up your annotations, which you effectively use so we can read your otherwise soundless transmissions. I'll be sure to share this link with my non-sim-flying friends, who all think I'm nuts "playing video games" at ungodly hours -- with all the peripherals to boot! LOL

Have you thought about getting access to our track external viewer utility? It would really complement your inside cockpit views in "telling the story". Shoot me a PM if interested and I'll quickly get you hooked up.

Freycinet
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey snapper,

I know about the external viewer utility. However, last time I tried to use track recording it crashed the launcher when I pressed the record button. Is there a work-around?

Unfortunately I'll be away from my gaming computer all summer, so I won't be flying or making vids..

VERY glad you want to show it to others. We need to spread the word about the fantastic experience of flying CoD online. That's why I made the vid :-)

ATAG_Snapper
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't know about the launcher crashes with the track recorder -- but will enquire.

In the meantime, enjoy your summer! :)

ATAG_Doc
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
It's a new problem induced after the latest patch. It sometimes records and most times it disconnects you from the server. :(

Verhängnis
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Looked like you had a lot of fun, I hope for the day I can do this too though. Always enjoying your videos in HD. Thanks for sharing. :)

JG52Krupi
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Oddly enough doc I had that with the previous beta patch and now I have had an hour long recorded flight... Unfortunately atm i cant recod as the game now freezes when I try and save a recording :(

TomcatViP
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Great vid as ever.

Wish I had my rig with me here :-x

5./JG27 Lehmann
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Another excellent video from you, keep them coming!

Out of interest, how do you record your gameplay if not with tracks? Is it with FRAPS or another such program? Sorry if you've answered this before I couldn't find it!

Freycinet
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I use MSI Afterburner.

ATAG_Dutch
07-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Excellent work Frey! :grin:

You've captured the 'atmos' perfectly.

5./JG27 Lehmann
07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I use MSI Afterburner.

Thanks!

ATAG_Colander
07-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Oddly enough doc I had that with the previous beta patch and now I have had an hour long recorded flight... Unfortunately atm i cant recod as the game now freezes when I try and save a recording :(

Krupi,

If the game hangs on the "save" dialog, make sure that "Disable Visual Themes" is not enabled under the "compatibility" tab of the launcher properties (right click->properties).

ATAG_Colander

JG52Krupi
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Okay, thanks colander I will check it out.

FS~Phat
07-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Great video!

I have a little hint for you on the bombers.. aim for the middle of the wing, not the fuselage and come down on them at about a 30degree attack angle.

I was able to cut off the wings from 3 bombers in ATAG last night in 1 sortie and 2 in another and still have some ammo left for defence when heading back to base! ;)

Standard convergence and ammo loadout Spit IIa. ;)

Lolsav
07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Very entertaining as usual Frey. Will watch more than 1 time for sure. Thank you for all the effort you have been putting into video story telling, it is a big plus on promoting the game, hence getting more targets :twisted:

Freycinet
07-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Hehe, careful about what you ask for... You may get more than you wish!

podvoxx
07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Good video, thx!

kiwikillemoff
07-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Gold! I'm a fanboy for sure :grin:

JG52Krupi
07-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey Frey what setting did you have collanders ts3 plugin settings to?

I have just installed it due to this video, thanks :D

Freycinet
07-25-2012, 11:22 PM
I am away from my gaming comp all summer, but I remember that I turned the "initial cackle" down to 0, because it was too intrusive. The other two bars "quite low". There is another place, outside of the mod, where you can turn Teamspeak volume up in relation to game volume, and I turned that one up as far as it went.

Colanders fantastic mod really deserves all the publicity it can get!