PDA

View Full Version : G940 prop pitch?

LcSummers
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
HI,

i have a question concerning G940 users..

How can i put the prop pitch on the g940 throttle? There are two big hat keys at the right side. How are they called and how can i map them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

LC

ATAG_Dutch
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Hiya Summers.

I've set mine by just using the in-game axes settings in controls menu. Click the pitch axis, move the wheel and it should map it then and there.

I also mapped the mixture to the wheel on the front of the throttle, which is handy.

If you mean setting it up in the logitech profiler, someone else will have to answer as I never use it, I'm afraid. ;)

Edit: If you mean mapping pitch to the two hat switches, I'd say use the wheels rather than the hat switches.

VO101_Tom
07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I bet, Dutch fly on the red side :)

There is no analog prop pitch adjustment in the 109. Even if you set to axis. The analog axis will be work like a big, slow, annoying switch - One-third of the axis: PP down, PP stop, PP up. There is no direct connection between the analogue axis position and the prop pitch angle.

So, you have to set the PP to a button. I recommend one of the throttle HAT switch up and down positions. This is the most "historically accurate", after the auto PP installed, the 109 manual PP switch was placed on the throttle.

I dont understand your question, how can u mapping the keys? Double click in the controls, then push the hat switch. It does not work for you? No need to know the name of the buttons. The program will know :)

ATAG_Dutch
07-10-2012, 12:16 AM
I bet, Dutch fly on the red side :)

You Betcha! :grin:

LcSummers
07-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks guys for replying.

So what i mean is:

On the G940 throttle there are two hat switches. I want to put the pitch control on the grey or silver button.

I can map the switches (axis control menue) but its not functioning. Pushing the hat switch fwd or back doesnt work at all.

Axis Controls menue is showing me the mapped key but i cant use it even if i save it.

Having them on the keyboard and there the keys are functioning, switching them to the axis no go!!!

S!

LC

PS: Tom

"So, you have to set the PP to a button. I recommend one of the throttle HAT switch up and down positions. This is the most "historically accurate", after the auto PP installed, the 109 manual PP switch was placed on the throttle."

This is what i am trying but i have no luck.

LcSummers
07-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Shortly

Can someone please make a step by step tutorial for me please?
Dont know if i have to alter any deadzones or so?

Thanks

LC

ATAG_Dutch
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
This is what i am trying but i have no luck.

The axis menu will only set analogue axes (I think).

Try setting your hat switches in the 'Keys' menu, with 'aircraft' selected in the drop-down menu.

I have landing gear and flaps set to the upper gray hat-switch, and boost cutout and emergency boost set to the silver one. They work fine so there's no reason why this shouldn't be true of prop-pitch I don't think.

LcSummers
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks ATAG Dutch for your kind help.

My fault was that i tried it in the axis menue. Now, its working fine.

Great and Salute to you and Tom!!!:-P

VO101_Tom
07-11-2012, 11:08 AM
My fault was that i tried it in the axis menue. Now, its working fine.
Great and Salute to you and Tom!!!:-P

Your welcome. :)
One more thing, good to know: The G940 have a manufacturing fault, the electric cable, inside the throttle is short. It could happen, when you push full throttle, the buttons (and HAT switch) don't work. Need to replace the cable, or back to warranty service. So, if the switches suddenly don't work, the first thing what you check: pull back the throttle to 50% or 0%, and check the buttons again.

This error appeared to me a couple of weeks before (fortunatelly, i am able to adjust the joy, that the 50% joy throttle will be the 100% clod throttle), V.4_Pogi got the third joy from the service, so i think the best if i fix it myself :evil:

ATAG_Dutch
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Shucks, it was nothing :oops:

Glad you got it sorted, and see you over The Channel! :grin:

LcSummers
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Shucks, it was nothing :oops:

Glad you got it sorted, and see you over The Channel! :grin:

I dont think that we will ever met each other.:( I play only offline cause i think i am not that good pilot as others are. I never fought online. Maybe eventually one day i will give it a try. Never installed Teamspeak, never connected to any server. Yes thats my carreer. May be i will give it a try with someones help when COD is fixed.

S!

LC

Blackdog_kt
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Don't worry, i'm worse than most people and yet i do fly online from time to time.

Like in every other field of human endeavor, there are people who will be better than you and people who will be worse than you :-P

You'll see that the more a simulator models, the more ways you have to be good. Back in IL2 i was flying 190As. I was generally good at picking my fights and not getting into tight spots, plus i knew how to shoot those 20s out to a range of 500 meters. Now in CoD i keep doing the same and i'm also good at keeping my engines running. The flipside is that by not pushing the aircraft and my luck, i don't often explore the limits. So, when i do get caught up in a situation i can't control, i'm not skilled enough to overcome it.

Other pilots mix it up much more aggressively and get shot down a lot more often, but through all this they also learn what do in such a situation and prevent it to some extent.

Nowadays i mostly fly bombers or twin-engined aircraft because i also like the challenge of planning a sortie, monitoring the various aircraft systems while navigating, etc. Most of the time you won't see me as the guy executing a perfect energy managing maneuver to land on your six in a dogfight, or even a high speed bounce. Most of the time, i'll be the guy that you don't see, who swings around half the map and comes in from an unexpected direction, drops bombs on the target you were supposed to be protecting and hightails it back to base while all the fighters are busy chasing each other's tails :-P

As you can see, there's a lot of different things and you're bound to be good in at least a few of them. Plus the majority of people online are very helpful and friendly, not to mention that flying wingman with a couple of experienced pilots makes you better in handling the aircraft as well, simply because you are following their maneuvers. ;)

I'm not much of an onliner either, but there is a lot to do once you scratch the surface and a few extra things to learn, which will in turn enhance your enjoyment of the sim when flying offline as well.

LcSummers
07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Blackdog,

thank you for encouraging me. I think you want me to give it a try. But there are some humps for me.

The first problem is wich server should i join?
Secondly i never installed and do not know how to alter needed software. How and where do i have to alter my router or firewall? Wich Port? Teamspeak 3????

The other thing is the language barrier. You native speakers do not have any problems to understand each other in a hot situation, there is a much difference writing or speaking the language. As i am not the youngest one, sometimes i forget words.

I have a lot problems with stalls and spins. I didnt checked this in the menue. I think i fly sometimes too hard. I know i have to practice much more. I will.

Its not that easy, you see?

Again thank you very much for your helping words.

S!

LC

ATAG_Dutch
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Hello Again!

You don't need any new software to fly online, and don't need to mess with firewall or ports. :)

Just go to 'multiplayer-client' and a list of servers appears, then join the server you prefer. Click the flag, click an airbase, choose a plane and click 'create' - you're on the airfield.

Teamspeak is available but isn't essential, although it does add to the fun of the game due to teamwork. It's also fine if you just 'listen' without having a microphone if you're concerned about any language difficulty. There is also a 'chatbox' in the game, which you can use if you prefer to write than talk.

With all the different accents in the world, it's often difficult to understand people who all speak English as their native language, so I wouldn't worry about this!
Also, ATAG provide a number of 'channels' in teamspeak so that if you have a friend who flies, you can both join the same channel and communicate in your own language.

Obviously I'm going to say that the ATAG server is the best, as it's on the full channel map and is a 'full real' server, with proper mission objectives.

Just give it a try! It might be difficult to find enemies when you first start, but once you find your feet, you'll have a ball. :grin:

LcSummers
07-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Great ATAG Dutch,

have opend the multiplayer, i will give it a try, thanks to your encouriging words too. I have to wait for the official patch caus i have seen you are all flying with the beta patch.

For sure i will give it a try

Thanks buddy!!:-P